I need an opinion.--UPDATE

Cofe

Lieutenant Commander
Re: I need an opinion.

Ok,ok..... You just have to let your bud know that you will make the wedding. But if you win big in the bassmasters......... he could end up as you're partner, and have an excuse to excuse himself from his bride in the future.:D

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander

you sound as though you are very committed to your fishing. he probably knows this if he is your friend. reason I say this is because all of my friends know there are things in my life that are very important to me. if they come up or are planned or just happen one morning chances are I'm gone. they know me and they know that's how it works. I've missed weddings, funerals, birthdays and all sorts of occasions, no one has ever held it against me.
your friend will understand. oh they'll tell you what a great time you missed and razz you some but overall they know.
besides you won't see him much afterward anyways. his new bride is probably better looking then you and I'm sure she'll have his attention for at least a year. LOL

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Tell him you'll go to his next bachelor party!

JimS123

Fleet Admiral

You know they did that on purpose right? That's just mean!!!

It was a conspiracy I tell ya. Not many things more sacred than opening day of deer season. Well, maybe opening day eve:rolleyes:.

Actually, I don't think it was on purpose. My B-I-L isn't a hunter, so I'm sure his daughters didn't have a clue.

On another note, my best friend hunter buddy's wife had her (his too) first baby on the eve of hunting and the F-I-L (her father) chastised her for not waiting a few days. He DIDN'T stop the hunting trip though....LOL.

My point was that family and friends come first. Whether you are a hunter, fisherman or bowler (roll eyes), no sport or hobby should take precedence.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

if the groom is really your friend, he will understand your passion.

you are not the Best Man, so really all you have to do, is be at the wedding, and look like a penguin.

the Bachlor party is mainly and excuse to get drunk and look at boobies.

Its ok to skip the party, just take a rain check and take him out to a strip club and get him drunk after hes married. He might appreciate it more...:eek:

ajgraz

Lieutenant Commander

I'd say, explain it to him like you have here, about how much it means to you and insure him you understand how much the party means to him...then ask him to choose and you'll go by his wishes...

Ah, you can't do that, it's a recipe for ill-will. One of you will feel fooked by the other. Whatever you do, YOU gotta make--and live with--the decision.

My 2 cents: It is obvious he wants you there. IMO, if he's really a friend, you gotta go to the party instead of the tourney.

gonefishie

Commander
Re: I need an opinion.--UPDATE

I talked to Rob the other night. Said he totally understand that I'm chasing a dream, he's not mad and told me to go fishing. Thanks to all that put in your 2cents. :D

mscher

Lieutenant

You feel bad, because you are bailing on a extremly important event, in one of your best friend's life ( the wedding is most important event - LOL ;) ), for what might be the first of hundreds, of fishing tournaments.

If a fishing tournament is more important, then at least you have your priorities straight.

Why not be a real friend?

mscher

Lieutenant

I talked to Rob the other night. Said he totally understand that I'm chasing a dream, he's not mad and told me to go fishing. Thanks to all that put in your 2cents. :D

He's was bummed because his best friend won't be there for him, but tells you he understands, and wants you to "chase your dream".

Now's there a real friend!

PGFISHER

Petty Officer 1st Class

Agreed! Thats a real friend. Marriage or not, try to hang on to that friendship. Hey; take him fishing after the flames subside and he needs some space.

I'm sure his wife would be tickled pink to clean and cook his catch.;)

gonefishie

Commander

Agreed! Thats a real friend. Marriage or not, try to hang on to that friendship. Hey; take him fishing after the flames subside and he needs some space.

I'm sure his wife would be tickled pink to clean and cook his catch.;)

It's coming. We postponed a trip to crappie capital of the world Reelfoot Lake this spring. This Christmas, I'm going to buy her a fillet knife so she can use next May. :D