Boat Ramp Rage....

Darren J

Cadet
Re: Boat Ramp Rage....

At the start of this season I began reading posts on ramp idiots and slow-as-molasses launches I vowed I would never be one of those people to be laughed or sneered at. So this year I painstakingly studied launch techniques and went over the procedures with my wife. I wanted to be sure I wasn't inadvertently one of "them"

2 weeks ago at a busy, new to me river area I aimed to setup and launch as smooth as possible. I pulled up and joined the que, attached lines and transferred equip etc. When it was my turn to back down I did a straight shot into the water, unhooked the boat and pulled out while my wife moored it at the dock. I smoothly backed vehicle and trailer into a parking spot, feeling quite proud of myself when I looked at the gear selector console and saw it...

I never ran so fast. I jumped into algae-coated, neck-deep water and tried to put it into a hole that was all of a sudden a million times smaller, while the stern dropped further into the water.

Cell phone - KIA
Jeep Key Fob- KIA
Wallet - Soggy and smelly
Ego-MIA

I'm not sure if the applause from the witnesses were from my six-million-dollar-man dash, the fact that I saved my boat or the sarcastic kind, say for when a bartender drops a glass...

NYBo

Admiral

Wingmastr, you're very, very bad man!:mad:

roflmfao.jpg

SangerTom

Seaman

So our grammar is correct: Schmuck a big one / Putz a small one. In context, the yeller was a "putz" as he doesn't deserve that much credit in the world. The guy who slowed down deflating his tube - a Schmuck because you know he is like that to everyone and thus deserves to be a bigger target for karma.

The guy who put down the yeller and the guy who knifed the tube - should be inducted into the Iboat Hall of Fame - they are Gamers!

reap182

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I love starting my days out with a smile and a laugh. great thread.:)

airdvr1227

Lieutenant Commander

My weekends are Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Based on what I've seen at the ramp on those mid-week days I also am glad for my wet slip.

nuboat2me

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My wife backs down the ramp better than I do. I just walk around pretending to direct traffic. I just unhook the boat and push it off the trailer.

She's a better driver than me too.

Ditto!!!

Old guy at the rural ramp I use on my lake... The old feller commented "Thats a wife and a half that can back a boat that big so straight..." I smiled and thanked him. I said, "She even digs her own worms!!!" :D

Nice chuckle and away we went...

I do agree that launching/retreiving isn't a thing you do quickly. Too many things can be forgotten... Like.. Bowline, Plug... Blowers... you get the picture... ;)

Happy Boating!!!

KC4YIN

Petty Officer 3rd Class

So our grammar is correct: Schmuck a big one / Putz a small one. In context, the yeller was a "putz" as he doesn't deserve that much credit in the world. The guy who slowed down deflating his tube - a Schmuck because you know he is like that to everyone and thus deserves to be a bigger target for karma.

The guy who put down the yeller and the guy who knifed the tube - should be inducted into the Iboat Hall of Fame - they are Gamers!

I Second That!!!!