any auqaworld baitank users

yourkiddin

Petty Officer 1st Class
i found a auqaworld bait tank and was wondering if anyone ever used one. its the rectangular shaped one.

yourkiddin

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: any auqaworld baitank users

yes a great buy. 57 dollars out the door. it was setting in the back of a little furniture store. im not sure how it works yet. its got a 1 1/2 to 2 in tube that im assuming is an overflow or return line. then the obvious line with a pump attached to pull water into tank. the third line has me stumped. i looked on line and it seems to only need one pump. im not sure how the water gets moved around in the tank. to supply oxygen.

Lrider

Chief Petty Officer

Contact them they will sell you what you need and help you set it up, nice guys, had a chat with them today

yourkiddin

Petty Officer 1st Class

i must of overlooked a contact number. i looked at the link real fast, im on third this week so its going to be hard for me to play with this thing.

yourkiddin

Petty Officer 1st Class

i took this ultra tank to my bait shop today. they told me flat out it was useless in this type of weather. because its not insulated. even with it recirculating the way it was designed. i took it to one of the docks to try it out. im using a 1100gph bilge to pull water from the lake. it dont even hardly move the water around in the tank after filling it. they recomended that i just modify the tank and add a spraybar inside it. but this thing is highly rated on the net. i guess im going to go ahead and temp mount on my boat and try and see what happens.

Andy'sDelight

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have one in my boat, it came with the boat when I bought it. I use an 800gph pump. You don't really "see" a strong current because it's designed not to do so in efforts to not exhaust the bait. As for it not being insulated, it's continuously pulling new water in and drains out through an overflow hose. The water will always be the temp of the water you're fishing in, which is ideal. I throw a net out for bunker and keep anywhere up to 30/40 of them live for my entire trip up to 8 hours. The only negative I have about it is the thing is big and takes up a fair amount of deck space.

FYI, mine is the ultra tank model.

yourkiddin

Petty Officer 1st Class

thanks andy. how does your tank fill? a rep at aqua told me to fill through the end of day drain. i like having the drain. also theres no way to keep bait over night for next morning or afternoon is there. also how many tubes do you have coming out of your tank? i have 3 but the pic i was able to find only have 2. im guessing someone added the third. not sure why though.

yourkiddin

Petty Officer 1st Class

sorry but i had to use the oldest trick in the book to get back on page 1

Andy'sDelight

Petty Officer 1st Class

There are two hoses and 1 drain plug. One hose connect to a through hull fitting that draws the water in via a 800gph pump. Then there is another that is about 3/4 up the side of the tank that goes to an above water drain. when the water hits that level it automatically drains. The drain plug is all the way at the bottom of the tank. I pull that when I am about 5-10 minutes from the dock. That water goes into the bilge area (you can run a direct hose if you don't want the water going across your deck) and then out once the boat is trailered and I pull the plug.

yourkiddin

Petty Officer 1st Class

thanks alot andy. dont seem like alot of people use this bait tank. one other thing im curious about. do you just let the pump run the whole time your on the water? when i go out im usually out 3-8 hrs. im considering on trying to put a timer on it. but if it dont totally kill the battery im not going to bother.

Andy'sDelight

Petty Officer 1st Class

thanks alot andy. dont seem like alot of people use this bait tank. one other thing im curious about. do you just let the pump run the whole time your on the water? when i go out im usually out 3-8 hrs. im considering on trying to put a timer on it. but if it dont totally kill the battery im not going to bother.

I responded to your PM, but I figure I'll post here so others can see as well. I run the pump straight for about 4-6 hours. I am also running my GPS, depthfinder, VHF, and stereo during this time. I have two batteries onboard-a starting battery and a deep cell with a battery switch. I run all electronics on the deep cell while the engine is connected to the starting battery. I make sure both are fully charged before embarking, and leave the battery switch on the starting battery on the way out and then switch it over to the deep cell once I'm out on the water to let it recharge every time I run the engine at high RPM's. I have never had the battery go even nearly dead on me. I have a warning indicator on my depthfinder and VHF if my battery goes low, and neither have ever gone off. Worst case scenario I could connect my electronics to the starting batter if the deep cell went dead and just get right back into port. I have never run the baitwell at night with nav lights and deck lights so I can't give an accurate indicator on running times at night.

There are 2 "negatives" with it in my opinion. First, it's large and takes up alot of deckspace. I have a 21' Wellcraft V20, so deck space is at a premium. I wish it was just a little smaller, but you can buy smaller sizes. Second is the drainplug drains right out on the deck. It does get down into my bilge, but I still don't love the idea of all that water running over the deck or sitting in my bilge on my trip back in. I usually pull the drain cap when I am 10 minutes from the dock and then pull my drain plug once the boat is on the trailer at the ramp. You could run a hose from the drain straight to your bilge so it doesn't drain onto your deck, or you could probably run a drain line right through the hull if your deck is higher than the water line outside of the boat. I just have a healthy fear of putting any holes through my hull.

Good luck and tight lines!!