Whos taking on the memorial day madness?

Whos taking on the memorial day madness?

• Im going before the rush

Votes: 43 27.6%
  • yes, im going in the middle of the madness

Votes: 67 42.9%
  • No, im sitting this crazy weekend out.

Votes: 53 34.0%

• Total voters

Burtonair01

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Whos taking on the memorial day madness?

Please Explain. I might have to take a Trip to Havasu.

Just go and check it out. I've only been there 1x and it was worth the 9 hr. drive. If you like fast boats, cold beer and silicone it's the place to be.

Surfer Dave

Seaman Apprentice

I'm glad I don't have to deal with the boat ramps since my boat is always in the water, good luck to all that do use the ramps.

indy440

Chief Petty Officer

cool boat surfer dave. Is that 58mph with a 75hp?

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Been there done that. Went to Lake Mead and turned a 5 hour drive into a 10 hour drive.

ph1shmonger

Cadet

doing the early morning ramp with my little ones... the wife is working Monday:(

we've got a huge cookout planned at the south end of Lido Beach here in Sarasota... should be fine getting out, getting back in is a whole different story...

JoLin

Vice Admiral

I'm stuck going to a wedding this weekend, so due to a flight to LA/California, no boat... bummer... (although, I don't think I'll be missing much since the forecast here is for rain all weekend... )

Me too (wedding). "Mine's" in Brooklyn on Saturday. Anyway, I'm still 2 or 3 weeks from launch. If I go out at all this weekend it'll be on somebody else's boat.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

No way! Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day - I do stuff on those weekends that doesn't involve fighting traffic/knuckleheads.

LemmyAce

Cadet

Not to be mean or political but, I will be observing the Holiday in the way it was meant to be observed, honoring our young, brave men and women that sacrificed everything so we have the freedom to celebrate anything.

Bubba Thanks for your post and reminding us what the day is about. I will be sailing over the weekend to Nantucket in the Figawi race. I will be quite an event.

I will be sure to take time to Show them the respect they have earned and deserve.

Scottimus

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Having served in the military, it is nice to see some people remember what this holiday is about.

JES233

Cadet

I thought about going to Lake Raystown,but I think I'll pass!

Rscardina

Chief Petty Officer

I'll be letting the yahoo's have thier day..I'm staying dry this weekend. With all the weekend warriors and "new to boats" crowd that will be out I just assume stay back. Last year I went out with my buddies just toolin around and wouldn't you know, of all the thousands of boats out there, people not having the right gear, I am the one the coast guard decides to board!!!

Luckily for me, I alswyas have the right gear in the right quantities and keep up with it religiously. So i get the yellow ticket that confirms i am all good. That same afternoon, I get boarded again...seriously?? I showed the ticket and off they went...

For those of you going out please be sure to get your gear in order for safety and coast guard sake!!

Happy Boating!

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Just go and check it out. I've only been there 1x and it was worth the 9 hr. drive. If you like fast boats, cold beer and silicone it's the place to be.

FAST Boats, Fast Women, and Beer is not a great combination for outing with the wife and kids. I think I will visit Havasu on a non Holiday.

204 Escape

Ensign

We will take care of decorations, on Friday, go to the lake on Saturday.

atx111

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wife has to work and I'm on call...so no. The news was saying how many people are expected at the local lakes this weekend and I'm glad I'll be nowhere near them! We did get on the water for a few hours yesterday, and we have a long weekend planned at Table Rock next week so the fact we're not going this weekend isn't a big deal.

LadyFish

Admiral

Since we live in a tourist town on the water, we stock up on groceries and everywhere we go, will be by boat. The traffic on the island will be insane. We have a little more room on the water to get out of the crazies way. Plus they're fun to watch.

We are taking off Tuesday to go fishing after the tourists have left and the water is quiet once again.:)

HappierWet

Master Chief Petty Officer

I voted "before the madness", meaning I'll use the ramp early...all three days. :D

hawghead

Seaman Apprentice

I will be picking up my boat today on the way to the Lake of the Ozarks and I will be launching it, but at a quite little private ramp, not the madhouse public ramps or marinas.

I am not sure how much we will get out this weekend. We are way down the Niangua by Ha Ha Tonka, but with only a 20' I am more than leary. Hopefully I can get in some sunrise or sunset cruises in when everyone else is off.

Wife and I have 4 kids, the youngest is only 3. Not sure this is a good weekend for us to be on the water. We had a good weekend on the water last weekend.

wbh3569

Cadet

Will be right amongst all the crazies, however early to the ramp in the am and last to leave in the pm.

Hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend!

Thajeffski

Master Chief Petty Officer

It's my 30th bday party starting Saturday!! We're camping out on an Island (about 12 of us, boys and girls) sat night and sunday night! Can't wait!! Just packed everything into the bronco!!!

If you're in the area and want to stop by come to Grassy Island in long island sound!! (be careful LOTS of shallow water at low tide!!)

mciaio

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'll be sitting this one out. Need to finish the in-ground pool project I started, then install the alpha on the back of the boat, then get rid of all the chalk on the hull. I have enough to do without worrying about others at the ramp.