thru hull exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Re: thru hull exhaust

Snagging one of those anchor bouys with the props when I'm slaloming between the early morning fisherman with my thru-hulls open and my stereo cranked up is very annoying. It usually causes me to have to go through a couple of boxes of ammo before I can get away, and ammo prices are really outrageous lately!

no joke there... I just picked up a gl40 cause it's cheaper to feed than the 1911.... not to go off topic or anything:D

45Auto

Commander

Pictures please! (who wants to make the first guess on what tommywalton's girlfriend looks like .......:eek:)

45Auto

Commander

Smokeonthewater said:
no joke there... I just picked up a gl40 cause it's cheaper to feed than the 1911....

I hear you there, Smoke. I use my 1911 about 90% of the time, although I put a Wilson Combat barrel in my Gl40 2 weeks ago so I could shoot lead with it instead of jacketed bullets (the stock Glock polygonal rifling won't spin the lead bullets, they just tumble).

QC

Supreme Mariner

Alright boys . . . relax please.

Tommy, I guarantee, if my Modulation Brothers (and Sister) Nation saw those posts, you, your girlfriend, stereo and exhaust would be iboatin' alone ;)

45Auto

Commander

Don't know where you got your chart, Bubba, but it's incorrect for Louisiana. LA Code RS34:851.16 covers boat noise - it basically says that it must be "adequately muffled" - means it's up to the law enforcement officer as to what's too loud.

Law is here:

http://law.justia.com/louisiana/codes/41/92502.html

Try to argue with the judge when you get a ticket for being too loud - your word that it wasn't against the cop's that it was - who do you think will win that one? :)

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

These threads are worse than oil threads.
Facts are
1. Pro. Noisy
2. Con. Noisy
3. Neither. No real gain in HP or speed from using it.

Other than that, it's always a war of the noise vs. no noise people.
As for this thread. It's done. Closed...........

Status
Not open for further replies.