Covert Operation...

Huron Angler

Admiral
Re: Covert Operation...

It still looks like a 18 to me...and if it is I might be interested. But if the seller is right and it's a 16 footer I will pass. My next boat needs to be larger.:)

I think you guys will come to an agreement soon. Has he had other folks interested?

Broadcast

Petty Officer 1st Class

Jas,

I've been hiding in the bushes and maintaining radio silence since the last covert project. My black face paint has melted in this heat and I look like a gothic rocker. :eek: However... I still stand at attention, ready to serve when called upon! Good luck!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

You are one tough dude bcast - commited to the cause!

Well, at the moment I am thinking a pre dawn strike. The seller leaves for work at 6 which means I'd need to be in my truck on the road no later than 4. If he Is game I may go that route.

Hang tight...

Huron Angler

Admiral

Jas,

I've been hiding in the bushes and maintaining radio silence since the last covert project. My black face paint has melted in this heat and I look like a gothic rocker. :eek: However... I still stand at attention, ready to serve when called upon! Good luck!

LOL...Broadcast, don't "stand at attention"...it's crucial that you not compromise your hiding spot in the bushes.:D

Good work on the radio silence though, that takes some discipline...and in case you have been wondering while deprived of information, the answer is "no"...the Tigers aren't headed into the post-season.:p:D

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Well, nada yet.

He is still available in the evening and I am still available in the early am, weekend too. He said that there are a couple of other callers on it and somebody might be coming to look at it tonight.

If I need a 16 footer, why do I find myself eyeballing this:eek:

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/boa/1879566161.html

Huron Angler

Admiral

Well, nada yet.

He is still available in the evening and I am still available in the early am, weekend too. He said that there are a couple of other callers on it and somebody might be coming to look at it tonight.

If I need a 16 footer, why do I find myself eyeballing this:eek:

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/boa/1879566161.html

Because you know you want my boat's big brother:D I bet that thing is pretty rough in the interior but the hull looks to be in great shape.

Jason if you want a 16' rig I will trade you mine for that yellow 18', you can even have the Merc since it starts...I will take the 85hp Johnson since I'm a team player;)

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

HA, always got my back bro!

OK, he says that he has the title that the previous owner signed off on years ago. He never registered it. Hmmmmm.

He also said that the trailer is essentially scrap. He said that it's "brittle" and "cracked" throughout.

I was thinking that I could sell off that trailer to somebody who might need one for their 12 - 14 footer in order to help fund a proper trailer. I'm not thinking that anymore. Hmmmmm.

From where I am sitting I still like the looks of that hull. I may need to stew on this for a night or two.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Make hay while the sunset yellow starcraft shines

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Make hay while the sunset yellow starcraft shines

Yah, you are right on buddy! You about got me talked into it, but, then I'd need to get a 14' too!:D

Sounds like things are getting expensive:eek:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Wait a minute...

Important question....

What is the person capacity of a 16' vs. 18'?

Help me out here guys!

Is it 4 on the 16' and 6 on the 18'? Or is it 6 and 8?

fshngho

Lieutenant

Jason I think I read somewhere its 8 for an 18' and 7 for 16'. You would have to know the max capacity weight because thats based on 150lbs per person. I just barely exceed that by 85lbs myself:p

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Dale beat me to it. I was just about to edit my post to add that it was 6 and 8 of those tiny 150lb people :D

Huron Angler

Admiral

Wait a minute...

Important question....

What is the person capacity of a 16' vs. 18'?

Help me out here guys!

Is it 4 on the 16' and 6 on the 18'? Or is it 6 and 8?

On the data plate mine says "7 people/1050lbs" and 1500lbs total including the outboard up to 85hp.

I would NEVER try to have 7 adults on board though. 5-6 max in my opinion if folks are around 200lbs or more, which me and my buddies all are.

If storage is not a concern I'd recommend the 18' since you have a big family. The only reason I wanted a 16 was so it would fit in my garage.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Thanks fellas, appreciate that!

Yah, it just came to me that I have a family of 5 and it occurred to me that we might like to go for a boat ride together you know! I really didn't want to be looking for a boat that is rated at 4!

I am sure it will be the two boys and I for the most part thought I'd do a quick check though.

Yah, storage isn't an issue so much. I am still thinking about river fishing. With an 18 I'd still need to pick up a 14 for the river but the 18 would be nice for tubing and such at the lake. With a 16, it might be just a little big for the river but if it's not crowded than it would be fine.

I don't know. I should probably just rebuild what I already have first eh:D

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Well, no call back on that 18 footer in Trenton. Still thinking about those two 16s though.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

My buddy Huron found this one...

http://lansing.craigslist.org/boa/1898336979.html

And here are the photos that the fella sent to my phone...

imagejpeg_2_3.jpg

imagejpeg_2_2.jpg

imagejpeg_2.jpg

What do you dudes think???

I think this might just be a winner if I play my cards right!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Nice boat. I think that goes without saying....