Good bye CD Player!

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral
Re: Good bye CD Player!

From what I can tell from my research bittorrents are 100% LEGAL. Because it's a true peer to peer network, no centralized server AND you get your stuff in pieces from many different sources.

Plus, I have owned my music on vinyl, cassette, 8-track, and CD's, and even a few reel to reels back in the day. I think I've paid for the stuff many times over. :cool:

Your research is bogus. An illegal download is an illegal download. It's all still copyrighted material. And to not be hypocritical here, I do have illegal copies of music that I ripped from my friends. But I'm not going around using some circular logic to justify it as legal. I did not buy it, I copied it illegally, so I am a thief. Period.

skargo

Banned

Your research is bogus. An illegal download is an illegal download. It's all still copyrighted material. And to not be hypocritical here, I do have illegal copies of music that I ripped from my friends. But I'm not going around using some circular logic to justify it as legal. I did not buy it, I copied it illegally, so I am a thief. Period.

Did you not see my response above? Let's keep this thread on topic please. If what I do bothers you so much take it to my PM box. :rolleyes:

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

Did you not see my response above? Let's keep this thread on topic please. If what I do bothers you so much take it to my PM box. :rolleyes:
Sorry!:redface: Didn't see your previous response.
Back to topic, does anyone have a recommendation to a specific model number of an in-dash player with both a front mount USB as well as a front aux jack?
I need to replace the AM/FM/Cassette/CD player in my car with a new (double DIN) unit.

paulspaddle

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Same here, I have multiple 8 gig flash drives that I use in my truck. I also just put a deck in my boat with a USB port so I'll carry my tunes with me.
Mine are tagged, and organized, you just need to sort them right before you put them on your flash drive.

I also have a 1TB external drive at home, I bittorrent full discographies from bands I like and I doubt I ever fill that drive.

I am however waiting for a Slacker Radio capable headunit or player that can be plugged in, Slacker Radio is the best thing to hit music. I've used it for years, blows satellite away with no monthly fees for the free version.

From what I can tell from my research bittorrents are 100% LEGAL. Because it's a true peer to peer network, no centralized server AND you get your stuff in pieces from many different sources.

Plus, I have owned my music on vinyl, cassette, 8-track, and CD's, and even a few reel to reels back in the day. I think I've paid for the stuff many times over. :cool:

Whooops, I wasn't judging you with this original comment, just a light hearted elbow to the ribs. :cool:

Couldn't resist a 'hot button'.

skargo

Banned

Speaking of USB flash drives, I just got an email flyer from TigerDirect selling 4 gig flash drives for $4.95 each. Ordered 4 of them to get to the $20 free shipping point. :D

Nice! Thanks for the deal.

paulspaddle

Nice! Thanks for the deal.

Not all flashdrives are equal. If you are just moving around 10 - 500 MB of files, you probably won't notice too much.

If you plan to store and move gig's you will be waiting minutes longer.

That might not be an issue worth any $$ to you, but figured I'd throw it out there so you know what's going on when you are waiting 40 min for 2 gigs of music or photos to load/unload.

Flashdrives also have limited number of write/delete cycles. Assume this number is less with a cheap flashdrive.

Again, if you are just putting some music on and don't care if/when it fails, whatever, but I wouldn't put anything on there that I couldn't do without.

paulspaddle

Yeah, I know they are of the "disposable" variety and anything I put on them will be backed up somewhere. But for $5 I figured I couldn't go wrong even if I use them to hand out photo albums to friends and family.

Yup, for sure. Your $5 stick may never fail....who knows?

Some people assume flashdrives are 'same/same' and throw a fit when they load their precious photos on a 'door crasher' jump stick and it fails.

As per most other things...'you get what you pay for'.

If you have a low tolerance for things not working it worth it to pay $4 more and get better quality.

skargo

Banned

Thanks for the info Paul, I never knew they had a finite number of times you can write to them.

Fl_Richard

Lieutenant

They do have a finite read/write life but it's upward of a million read/write cycles.