Olympic Hockey Wager

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: Olympic Hockey Wager

Yep, the Swiss played great. Clogged up the Canadian offence and it could have gone either way in the shoot out.

Bigprairie1

Commander

Guys....uhh, that was Switzerland not Sweden.;):D
Sweden looks like IKEA out there.....Yellow and Blue....and they are tougher than the Swiss.
I liked the game....Canada always needs close calls to get rollin'...don't ask me why but they just seem to.
Sunday night is going to be a verryyy busy night for Canada against the U.S
BP:cool:

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Agree. Should be quite the game on Sunday.

aspeck

Staff member

Good thing Sid the Kid came through ... close call for Canada, which might help them on Sunday since they have been challenged and USA has not. Gonna be a good one!

Tacklewasher

Lieutenant Commander

If they learned that they need to shoot the puck and not try to be fancy, then it was worth it to have a close call (and lose 1 point).

But my morning fog was woken up by news the Slovakia beat Russia.

Russia is a team with a good chance to get gold.

Slovakia was beat by Canada 18-0

Wow. I though. How could they be beat by a team we beat so bad.

It was about 5 minutes later that my brain engaged and I realized I was confusing mens hockey with womens.

So I won't give too much flack for the Swede/Swiss issue above. :)

angus63

Captain

Tacklewasher

Just would like to confirm the terms of the wager...

Is the winner the best finish for the Men's Hockey team alone or are we including the results of the Women's Hockey as well? After reading the post I don't recall any gender clarification.

Either way, I'm still in...

U S A

Tacklewasher

Lieutenant Commander

Mens.

Yeah, I'd love to bet on the womens as well as curling (but Canada against the US in curling is simply NOT fair) but the avatar flags is for the mens hockey.

Anyone want to do a signature bet on womens hockey or on curling, let me know.

solar7647

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Well it looks like Russia dosnt have enough Kov's or Kin's on there team:D. Ovechkin couldnt shoot worth crap in that shoot out!!:eek:

Canada was a little sketchy to! it really seems they underestimated the Swiss. For the amount of talent on that team i dont know what they where doing!:confused:

The only thing that sucks is that most of my fav players are on the European teams, being a Red Wings fan thats what I get though! They always fill there roster with Europeans it seams.

Has anyone seen how many lower leage players are in the games? I am a big ECHL fan and saw there are 26 ECHL players and alot of AHL players on the ice too.
USA, USA, USA!!!!:D:D

solar7647

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Good point about the gals....but the wager aside....as anyone noticed how HOT the gals in the Olympics are? :eek: I mean the skiers, the snowboarders...even the curlers. It looks like a continous Coors commercial.
That said...I am happily married.....I'm just sayin':D
BP:D:cool:

Your telling me, it seems like some one decided to get as many busty babes as possible in really tight body suits! My personal Fav is Lin Vonn!:D

I am happily married also ( most of the time)......and yes i agree one long beer commercial!!:D

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Tacklewasher

Just would like to confirm the terms of the wager...

Is the winner the best finish for the Men's Hockey team alone or are we including the results of the Women's Hockey as well? After reading the post I don't recall any gender clarification.

Either way, I'm still in...

U S A

Well Angus,
We must go for different teams for a change !!!!:)
Until Football starts again that is :D:D

tallcanadian

Captain

Big preliminary game tonight. Mens hockey, Canada and USA. Should be good.

Bigprairie1

Commander

It's funny...there is this immense subliminal energy going on with all the guys out there today (on the Canadian side for sure). Everyone knows whats coming later this afternoon....it's like it feels like a battle or invasion or something.
I've got a few cool pops in the fridge ready to go. Next is my Team Canada Hockey Jersey which has been fully washed and will be donned at exactly 4:20pm P.S.T.
Now a little about the game...it will be close and it will be very competitive. The U.S always finds an energy against Canada that they don't often display against the other international teams..for some reason. This makes them very good competitors. It might be that so many of the U.S and Canadian players are actually team mates in their 'day jobs'...who knows?. Anyways, I think Canada has the edge in talent...but it takes more than that to win the game(s). They are going to have to step up, start hitting, start skating harder (like Iginla) and start shooting...alot. Forget the dipsy doodle crap...time for some 'Sutter Style' play.;):D
It will be a great game!!
BP;):)

Bigprairie1

Commander

It's funny...there is this immense subliminal energy going on with all the guys out there today (on the Canadian side for sure). Everyone knows whats coming later this afternoon....it's like it feels like a battle or invasion or something.
I've got a few cool pops in the fridge ready to go. Next is my Team Canada Hockey Jersey which has been fully washed and will be donned at exactly 4:20pm P.S.T.
Now a little about the game...it will be close and it will be very competitive. The U.S always finds an energy against Canada that they don't often display against the other international teams..for some reason. This makes them very good competitors and always dangerous to Canada. It might be because that so many of the U.S and Canadian players are actually team mates in their 'day jobs'...who knows?. Anyways, I think Canada has the edge in talent...but it takes more than that to win the game(s). They are going to have to step up, start hitting, start skating harder (like Iginla) and start shooting...alot. Forget the dipsy doodle crap...time for some 'Sutter Style' play.;):D
It will be a great game!!
BP;):)

tallcanadian

Captain

Sutter style..wow..haven't seen that in a while. I know one thing, Canada better play a bit more offensive than the Swiss game. They have to come out swingin'. This is better than the playoffs...lol.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

And now it's tied !!!

And now 2-1 !!!!:eek: