to me no question, Etec.

Philster

Captain
Re: Ameracat 27 CC motor choice

Esp if techs near you service them.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

You see a ton of Zukis in commerical service around here. You can count the number E-Tecs on one hand.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

so far e-tec is preferred. I hope a few more chime in.
Very bias towards E-Tec on these boards. One would think you would want input from some actual owners of the product.

So far you have endorsements from 2 - I/O owners and TD who would mount an old Evinrude in his truck if he could figure out a way to do it.:D

Snobike Mike

Petty Officer 1st Class

For either, I'd go with the biggest motors.

I'd lean e-tec but I have an I/O so i don't know anything.:D

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Well, since neither is an American brand, that argument is out the window. Since both are the same horsepower, it comes down to reputation for reliability, price, and service availability. However, most likely the same consideration as Ford vs. Chevy.

Note that on the repair forums there are 17,000 posts for Suzuki and 87,000 for OMC. This does not indicate that OMC engines are so much worse, but that so many more of them have been sold. Not truly a fair comparison though because OMC has been selling for longer than Suzuki.

NYBo

Admiral

If the Suzukis in question are four-strokes, they will be heavier than the Evinrudes, so you may want to take that into consideration.

renagade69

Cadet

If the Suzukis in question are four-strokes, they will be heavier than the Evinrudes, so you may want to take that into consideration.
The boat does 54 mph and planes in its own length with the zuki.I don't think weight is a factor. I just want the better outboard and the builder will give me either one.

NYBo

Admiral

The boat does 54 mph and planes in its own length with the zuki.I don't think weight is a factor.
ThumbsUp.gif

Okay, what about fuel economy? Which brand has the edge?

renagade69

Cadet

The zuki test out with better MPG at 3500 cruise. The wind speed was up t0 30 mph in the e-tec test. But it looks like the zuki performed better. Now service and parts availability is also a factor.Any one have first hand knowledge?