1977 Starcraft?

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1972 Starcraft?

That year and spec plate do not match. According to the brochures it is only good for 140hp not that it matters. Good find and good luck

That capacity plate looks identical to mine. Your rig is probably newer than '72.

mjames76

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Does it come with any of the missing parts like the 2nd console and the windshield?
The windshield is there. You can see it laying in the bow in the interior pic. No 2nd console, I'll have to make it.

I have a console that came out of mine. We are a long way apart but if you want to pay for the shipping you can have it. I am about 30 miles out of Dallas, TX

Krichbourg

Petty Officer 1st Class

That year and spec plate do not match. According to the brochures it is only good for 140hp not that it matters. Good find and good luck

I don't know nothing, but I thought I read somewhere, probably in this forum, that the I/O version was rated at max 140 and the OB version was rated at 150.

Krichbourg

Petty Officer 1st Class

Krichbourg welcome to the club, an 18' SS is a great hull to be working with. And you managed to save it from the scrapyard? Nice work.

Sounds like you are taking a numbers aproach to the motors:) Either would plane her out easily.

Good luck with the new rig:D

Thanks,
Actually, even though the Evinrude is an older motor, it looks to be in much better shape. I think it has been in service more recently. Good to know the 65hp merc will do the job as well. What do you figure is the smallest motor that will do the job? I'm not so concerned about blazing speed, but I don't need to be plowing either.

Krichbourg

Petty Officer 1st Class

That capacity plate looks identical to mine. Your rig is probably newer than '72.

You're right. The guy advertised a '72, now that I look at the title, it says 1977 and the SN ends with 77. Someone else questioned that before. Y'all don't miss much. That's right, I said Y'all. Ain't scared of no salt water either!

Krichbourg

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a console that came out of mine. We are a long way apart but if you want to pay for the shipping you can have it. I am about 30 miles out of Dallas, TX

Thanks for the offer. Really, that's cool. I imaging I can make one for less than the shipping. Not sure at this point if I'm going back with the second console. I do want to install the windshield back though. I'll have to be creative if I want one and not the other huh? How come you're not using your console?

Krichbourg

Petty Officer 1st Class

I like the sound of that. When I began searching for a boat I saw a lot of rigs set up for fishing and that is way down on my list of things to do. Some folks on this forum take a saw to the covered bows to put in a pedestal seat and I cringe, just buy a fishing boat! So I applaud your goal.

Albert

The previous owner was fishing this boat. It's set up for pedestal seats and he had removed the bow seating and was in the process of setting it up for a pedestal seat. Now don't get me wrong, I like to fish, like to catch blue crabs too, but I can do it from a lounge chair just as good. Thanks for the kind words. I've always been a bit of a purist. I still can't bring myself to change my '51 Ford PU from a six volt to a 12.

Huron Angler

Admiral

Since you have the other console I'd just fabricate a new one.

Use that as a template to make sure the aluminum is sized correctly. There isn't too much to them and should be easily done with the proper equipment(benders, etc).