The R?surrection of the SeaGem

BobsGlasstream

Commander
Re: The R?surrection of the SeaGem

Hey Bill,
The engine sounds great. Sorry to hear about Murphy again.
When do you plan to put her in the water?
Once again, it sounds great.
Take care
Bob

Westport

Seaman Apprentice

Wow! With exception of the stuff inside, this hull looks identical to my 23' Marquis, right down to the bow railing. this thread is interesting...

Thanks!

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Bill..

Go towards the light..Go towards the light

HaHa very funny Mo@#$%$# @##$$% your parents brought you up wrong, poor ol Stevie crash into a tree............... Oh wait that is you teaching Stevie Wonder how to drive lol

OK, well I broke down today and bought a new Alternator. I changed it from a Mando 3 wire job to a 1 wire Delco Whether it be good or bad, it was cheaper and less parts ;) My local guy matched the internet price of $99 :D
The Box!
IMG00603.jpg
[/IMG]

It Installed

IMG00602.jpg

Yes I know my bilge looks like a bomb hit it. You can thank the tree the boat is sitting under, brown streamers all over the place.

The Green wire in the pic was a temp from the Alt to the Battery that I tossed in to make sure it worked.

Now for my next decision, should I keep the Alternator bat. wire running to the starter or abandon it all and just run a cable from the battery directly to the alternator? The battery is about a 1' away I think this would be a lot simpler. The new unit is a 61amp as opposed to the original 55A, I was thinking of just running a nice #4 straight to the terminal, or even to the main bat circuit breaker (By the fuel filter) But that's only 60A. right now it looks like a #10 over to the starter

Any Thoughts???????

After this all I have to do is clean up the wires(make them neat) and install the drive, no biggie, THEN........... SPLASHDOWN!!!!!!!!!! WoooooooHoooooooo :)

Then it will be time for giving myself my own Chicken Dance
chickendance.gif

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Bro..

I simply wont allow you to give yourself a chicken dance!
I better start saving YOUR resto pics for another tribute!

p.s.
When Stevie Wonder is really really sick, where do they put him in the hospital?

The NO C.U. ward...lol

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

When Stevie Wonder is really really sick, where do they put him in the hospital?

The NO C.U. ward...lol

HaHa very funny Mo@#$%$# @##$$% your parents brought you up wrong LOL

P.S I think Flo was worried about you, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!! LOL

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

4:30 am and can't sleep been awake since 3:30 :eek: Figured I would come here and give an update

Monday I installed the drive and the 25pitch SS quicksilver prop I got from Vegas . The drive only has a 1.65 ratio instead the 1.5, but The prop calculator says this prop will push me to 63mph with a 12% slip at 5000 rpm. A 1.5 would put me at 70mph:eek: . As long as the gears hold together I feel the 63 is fine, I have no plans of racing around the ocean.

IMG00612.jpg

IMG00613.jpg

Yesterday I filled it with oil, and installed the new hydraulic splitter for the rams, the controls are working perfect.

IMG00622.jpg

I did bust the hose barb off the starboard trim tab cylinder while replacing the line, but the plastic barb has a metal wube inside it that inserts very snug into the unit . I figured that I would give JB weld a shot before spending $90 on a new one.

IMG00621.jpg

I am putting it back on today so I will see if it works.

She is just about complete and ready for splashdown. I even picked up a new bilge pump and some new rollers for the trailer. The only other thing left to do is install the new Sheggard

If all goes well with the launch I will then start redoing all the woodwork on her. BUT I will just do a little at a time so I can use her too.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Oh and yes my little helper has been working beside me the entire time :) When I started taking pics last night she wanted me to take a pick with her in it lol
sorry for the bad cell phone pic

IMG00623.jpg

Not 5yo yet and she knows the difference between a 9/16 and 5/8 wrench :D Thats My Girl :D

Huron Angler

Admiral

She is just about complete and ready for splashdown. I even picked up a new bilge pump and some new rollers for the trailer. The only other thing left to do is install the new Sheggard

If all goes well with the launch I will then start redoing all the woodwork on her. BUT I will just do a little at a time so I can use her too.

Sounds great Bill...I have the same philosophy on my remaining "to do" list for my rig. Gotta get on the water and see what works and what doesn't so it can be perfected for practical use:D

Cushions, wood trim, canvas tops all can wait a bit.

Good luck with the splash, hope it's soon...your first mate is ready to go!:)

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Sounds great Bill...I have the same philosophy on my remaining "to do" list for my rig. Gotta get on the water and see what works and what doesn't so it can be perfected for practical use:D

Cushions, wood trim, canvas tops all can wait a bit.

Good luck with the splash, hope it's soon...your first mate is ready to go!:)

I'm with you HA,

I will do the woodwork as work in progress while enjoying it :) Right now I am emptying it out to give her a real good cleaning. I did find a few real nice surprises. There was a spare 23p prop stored away under the seat cushion in the bow AND turned out the mirror in the bow is on a piano hinge, behind it 6 life jackets including a children jacket.

In addition I gave a good look to the fuel cell, its a 70 gallon tank! Heck I can get to Virginia from here with that much fuel :D As Vegas would say SCORE!!!!!!!!!

I do hace to bug bomb it tonight because of all the ants:eek: I think all the empty beer cans attracted them ;)

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

ants could be attracted to your beer can pile...
1204875164-1251.jpg

did it look like this? :eek::D:eek::D:eek:

SCORE! bottle return money!

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

ants could be attracted to your beer can pile...
did it look like this? :eek:
SCORE! bottle return money!

I sent you that photo in confidence to ask as a friend, if I was drinking to much. :( and here you post it:(

LOL, got rid of the pile today, washed the boat covered it with a blue tarp and bud bombed the thing. done for today I will get rid of the dead bodies tomorrow. I know, I know, thats what got me in trouble the last time :eek: ;) ;)JK

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey bill,
Cell phone pic or not it looks great. I'm not talking about the can pic either. :p
I hope to hear about the great sea trials soon.
Good luck and take care.
Bob

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Update!!!! no more ants :)
Here is a pic of the drive spewing water at 2500 rpm :D

100_1217.jpg

And here is a pic of the kids dreaming of better days
100_1215.jpg

She is running like a champ, today I got the trailer rollers done new bilge pump installed, cleaned up the wiring and lines, She is now She is ready to get wet. I am thinking monday / tuesday. :D

sprintst

Commander

Good for you man. All that hard work to enjoy it finally.

I've told my boys that every moment of pleasure has to be paid with a moment of pain. Study, work hard, etc.

tallcanadian

Captain

That's awesome HVAC. I'm so happy for you. Go and beat the crap out of those waves.

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander

Im thinking Saturday Sunday Monday and Tuesday. I know always the optimist. Good looking ride. Watch that 2500 rpm on a garden hose though I burnt my original pump out and had to replace housing and all. My old man said only to idle on the hose unless out drive was removed. Best of luck on the water trials. Hope she runs a hundred and sips fuel.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey Bill,
Congrats man. Bright lights ahead, daylight is coming.
Now get her wet. :D:D:cool:
Bob

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

wow you're a maniac! lol I was on the phone with Bill when he was running it up....sounded awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Bill...did you get that other issue sorted out? :p

cool pic ...kinda looks like night shot time exposure almost...NEAT!

keep us updated Billy!

ps gotta love the mohawk on Liam!