Confession....are you eyeing some else's boat?

paulspaddle

Senior Chief Petty Officer
If there is one thing I've learned about general population of the iboats congregation is they are a bunch of deal hunters.

Who wants to admit their dirty little secret? Have you been watching someone else's boat?.....waiting for the right moment to make your move?

me? - my neighbour at the cabin has no idea how to care for a boat. He got it from a friend in great shape 2 years ago. He sank it three times last summer. I drove it in September and I could feel the whole thing is now in pooor shape. Floor is soft, steering is stiff, not a single gauge works, the cushions are rotting. I mentioned to him that things seems 'soft'. I'm hedging my bets he won't bother doing a thing about it (and that there is no way he'll ever see and read this post) and his seat will break free from the floor at some point next summer. The marine mechanic's report to repair will be grim at best. I will save him and offer some money for his poor old Starcraft Super Sport 18'...thus the beginning of my own restoration thread. Forgive me, for I am sinning....are you?

Who's watching the old man down the block with the minty boat under the car port wondering...."he's not looking too good lately?....hmmm, nice boat."

I promise to keep it confidential....honest....no one else will know...

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Re: Confession....are you eyeing some else's boat?

I bet you do a lot of garage sales to. :D

Friscoboater

Captain

Now that my friend was a funny post.

I am always on the hunt.

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

Not really a next door neighbor, but I think vegasphotoman has been looking pretty pale.. I wonder how much the Mrs would sell his Sleekcraft for :D

5150abf

Vice Admiral

There was this killer big jon boat on my way from work, stopped and ask about it.

It was a really nice old guy said he never used it because of heart problems, I watched that boat for quite awhile hoping to see if for sale then one day it was just gone.

Don't know if the old guy is still going or not but I did kinda feel like a vulture.

paulspaddle

Not really a next door neighbor, but I think vegasphotoman has been looking pretty pale.. I wonder how much the Mrs would sell his Sleekcraft for :D

hmmmm, too much sanding in the closed bow and vinyl paint? How long do you think he has? :D

tallcanadian

Captain

Hey Paul, your boat is looking kind of sweet. How have you been feeling lately, wink wink. My fellow Canuck.

paulspaddle

Hey Paul, your boat is looking kind of sweet. How have you been feeling lately, wink wink. My fellow Canuck.

I'm (twitch) doing ok (twitch twitch) thanks for asking....(twitch, twitch, etc...)

Here's a clip of me and my son Jack talking about the boat....(because the best we can do right now)

http://s913.photobucket.com/albums/...iew&current=MVI_5154.flv&evt=user_media_share

...my loving wife continues to roll her eyes....

joey maneri

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have a friend that goes car shopping in the obituaries. I guess you could go boat shopping there too !!!

tallcanadian

Captain

I'm (twitch) doing ok (twitch twitch) thanks for asking....(twitch, twitch, etc...)

Here's a clip of me and my son Jack talking about the boat....(because the best we can do right now)

http://s913.photobucket.com/albums/...iew&current=MVI_5154.flv&evt=user_media_share

...my loving wife continues to roll her eyes....

LOL...That's awesome. Your young fella some smart. And don't worry about the eyes rolling from your wife. That will be replaced with the head shaking.

paulspaddle

LOL...That's awesome. Your young fella some smart. And don't worry about the eyes rolling from your wife. That will be replaced with the head shaking.

He keeps us laughing. :D

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Hey man I'm only 42 ya know...tho I was real sick this week LOL :D
feeling better! no boats for sale at the moment!
besides even if I kicked the bucket my wife would keep it, she's a die hard boater...:p
Im eyeing RobThompsons 30 plus footer he's restoring.......LOL

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Hey PalsPaddle, I sold that glastron I had, never did get those pics for ya
some 72 year old guy bought it....he might keel over soon..!!! lol

did you get your boat yet???????
:D

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I am going to put in my will that when I kick it..

The first of about 10 of you that show up can have it..

There will of course be a sealed envelope left with a good friend with those 10 names enclosed in it..Just in case..ya know

But to the OP..
Its FLORIDA..Gods waiting room...$2,000 dollar caddies and towncars are the norm..high mileage tho..around 8 to 10k miles..

And boats??? ya..theres estate sales and CL ads saying..
'Selling Uncle Wally's boat, recently deceased, dont know much about other than he regularly maintained it" Make offer

May as well open up a car/boat/casket lot all in one.
One stop shopping

paulspaddle

Hey PalsPaddle, I sold that glastron I had, never did get those pics for ya
some 72 year old guy bought it....he might keel over soon..!!! lol

did you get your boat yet???????
:D

Ha!, I was wondering if you were going to get wind of this talking behind your back. Glad to hear your feeling better.....I guess. :D

I DID pick up the boat....all good so far...

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=365799

paulspaddle

[/QUOTE]May as well open up a car/boat/casket lot all in one.
One stop shopping[/QUOTE]

What would you name a business like that?

....I'm starting to feel apologetic for this morbid thread. Maybe not enough sunlight in these northern days?

reelfishin

Captain

Maybe something like this place?

http://i49.tinypic.com/34zyck0.jpg

I can see it now, "Custom Caskets, trades welcome" -
"Cars, trucks, boats, tractors welcome" on the sign.

Most of my boats came from either estate sales, dead neighbors, or old guys hanging up the keys for good. Pretty much the same thing with my past few cars.
You can't feel bad if you get a deal, in most cases they just want it gone, and if you didn't get it, someone else would have.

ruckerra

Cadet

Forgive me Paul for I have sinned!!

The old man is in the nursing home and he has a 22 foot long alum starcraft AND a 14 ft 68 Arrow with a 40 hp evenrude. Yes I have visited several times and he thinks I'm his brother's kid. I feel guilty but fantize about those two beutiful women in my bed errrr in my back yard.

I'll let you know when he kill's over. I'll send flowers

Shizzy

Ensign

a friend of mine has a pretty snazzy Bass boat that spends 360 days a year sitting in his garage.

every time I see him I ask how much for his boat then tell him to drop a zero off the price and we have a deal. lol

paulspaddle

a friend of mine has a pretty snazzy Bass boat that spends 360 days a year sitting in his garage.

every time I see him I ask how much for his boat then tell him to drop a zero off the price and we have a deal. lol

I love the location...Gervais lake, Little Canada....am I right?? "Guess I should probably pm that"....oops am I typing out loud again?