tell tale is this right

Todd10

Cadet
ok i want to make sure i do this right and understand this so i dont mess it all up.. okay first i would drill a 11/32 hole in the side of the motor to get to the water jackets with a drill bit... then thread it with 1/8 tap and buy the outlet elbow part number 321886... this is the important steps is this right so far sure hate to drill a whole in the motor and mess it up thanks

ELBOW,90DEG-
Item#: 0321886 1 $2.27 $2.27
NIPPLE MC LWR
Item#: 0321885 1 $4.99 $4.99 AM I ON THE RIGHT TRACK
HOSE
Item#: 0321887
this is what i order for adding the tell tale and i will be buying a 11/32 size drill bit and a 1/8 size tap

bktheking

Vice Admiral
Re: tell tale is this right

You'd want to pull that head and vacuum out the metal that will fall into the water jacket when you are drilling/tapping plus you can see what you are doing, wouldn't want to risk putting the filings back through the system. Post a front and side pick of the powerhead on your motor to be sure, post the starboard side of the V and we can go from there.

Todd10

Cadet

Ok I Will Send You A Picture As Soon As I Can Thanks For Your Help Want To Make Sure I Do This Right And If You Can Tell Me Where The Best Place To Drill I Will Try And Send Some Pics In A Few Min

Todd10

Cadet

Ok I Will Send You A Picture As Soon As I Can Thanks For Your Help Want To Make Sure I Do This Right And If You Can Tell Me Where The Best Place To Drill I Will Try And Send Some Pics In A Few Min

how the heck do you post pictures

Todd10

Cadet

how the heck do you post pictures

im thinking about drilling the hole around one of my two fingers you see in the pic i read its best to be up high on the cylinder so im thinking my top finger just to the right of my finger where would you guys drill the hole for the tell tale either the bottom finger or the middle fingure did no mean to have the top finger in the pick lol what do you think about the first picture drilling to the right of my finger not a lot of room right there but i think there is enough let me know if this will work

Attachments

• DSCN3414.JPG
    DSCN3414.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN3415.JPG
    DSCN3415.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN3416.JPG
    DSCN3416.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 1

Indymike

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here you go...

telltale2.jpg

Second hose is for a pressure gauge.

And another thread...http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=204227

bktheking

Vice Admiral

im thinking about drilling the hole around one of my two fingers you see in the pic i read its best to be up high on the cylinder so im thinking my top finger just to the right of my finger where would you guys drill the hole for the tell tale either the bottom finger or the middle fingure did no mean to have the top finger in the pick lol what do you think about the first picture drilling to the right of my finger not a lot of room right there but i think there is enough let me know if this will work

Looks good to me!

R.Johnson

Rear Admiral

Drill thru that casting flat where your middle finger is in the therd photo. Put a little grease on the drill if your worried about shavings, but what little there would be would flush right out. When you tap the hole, don't tap in to deep. This will maintain more taper, and thread for thr pipe fitting.

bktheking

Vice Admiral

drillhere.jpg

Hit it in the middle with a center punch first in order to drill straight and drill slow, let the bit do the work.

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

The center of the round part that your middle finger is resting on is the best place to use so that you don't risk weakening the metal.

If you don't take the cylinder head off while drilling, keep the drill bit and tap heavily greased to catch the metal fragments.

The 1/8 tap is NPT.

Todd10

Cadet

Ok thanks a lot bkking and everyone who helped out i will get it drilled and send you guys the completed looked thanks again