Yep, that`s the way I feel!

Coors

Captain
Re: Yep, that`s the way I feel!

Lol, that got around quick; I got it here in n fla, and got it emailed from a friend in CA 3 hours later.

wakeout

Seaman

That is a nice shirt. I wounder how anyone get one.
I sure like to have one.

Coors

Captain

lol ,my wife just ordered one, thx lube

PW2

Commander

The only thing missing is the blood stained bullet hole in the front of it.

Bondo

Staff member

The only thing missing is the blood stained bullet hole in the front of it.

Except that Armed Citizens Usually Aren't the 1s Shot...........

PW2

Commander

Except that Armed Citizens Usually Aren't the 1s Shot...........

Really? Do you have statistics to back that up? There are a lot of people being shot these days. Are they all innocent bystanders caught in the crossfire?
I am curious. How many criminals are shot by average "armed citizens" (excluding LEO's, of course).

The only thing I know for sure is the places that you all live that you feel you need to carry are places I don't want to go.

bekosh

Lieutenant

Really? Do you have statistics to back that up? There are a lot of people being shot these days. Are they all innocent bystanders caught in the crossfire?
I am curious. How many criminals are shot by average "armed citizens" (excluding LEO's, of course).

The only thing I know for sure is the places that you all live that you feel you need to carry are places I don't want to go.

The studies that have been done vary widely on how many times that guns are used to stop crimes each year. They range from 65,000 times a year to 2.5 million times, with aprox. 98% of the time no shots being fired.

PW, you are at far more risk from the average driver in the store parking lot than you would be from the average armed citizen inside the store.

GlasstronJim

Seaman

That is a great shirt!! I have a question why is it the libs in the Iowa state house (Californication #2) get to have armed guards watch over them but they won't arm the guards at the university!!!!!!

PW2

Commander

The studies that have been done vary widely on how many times that guns are used to stop crimes each year. They range from 65,000 times a year to 2.5 million times, with aprox. 98% of the time no shots being fired.

PW, you are at far more risk from the average driver in the store parking lot than you would be from the average armed citizen inside the store.

Perhaps I have led a sheltered life, but I don't think I've ever been in a situation where I felt being armed would be an advantage (Except in the springtime in the forests of Northern Ontario where you would occasionally cross paths with a sow bear. Unfortunately, handguns aren't legal in that case.)

And I am not anti-gun, but I would prefer the guns be in the hands of LEO's who get some serious training in their use, rather than some Rambo wannabe.

Coors

Captain

So, pw2's sheltered opinion is: any law-abiding, concealed weapon carrier is a wanna-be Rambo. That is an ignorant statement, totally ignoring the data, and the facts.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

"And I am not anti-gun, but I would prefer the guns be in the hands of LEO's who get some serious training in their use, rather than some Rambo wannabe."

For once we agree PW, that training is needed. Just like a boating safety course should be needed to get on the water.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

PW2 said nothing of the kind, Coors. Seems to me kinda ignorant to say so.

PW2, what you may overlook is that many of we well armed citizens keep guns for good reasons that do not involve people. It is a side benefit that those who know we are armed avoid molesting us or ours.

Others, of course, are armed to discourage baddies. It is an effective tactic. Shootings by armed citizens are only a tiny fraction of crimes that never happen because the citizen is armed.

How many convenience stores that have a sign on the door, "Armed guard on duty" have you heard of getting robbed?