Posts that make me nuts

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Posts that make me nuts

Wellll it's winter time and that means no boating & fishing for the population living in the northern part of America .

I was thinking that from Dec-Mar we should just replace the whole forum with one thread titled "IS IT COLD ENOUGH FOR YA?" :p

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I live in the western part, over by the hills, and I have some old fishing equipment to sell. Its old, but works. I remember one time, we were on vacation, not fishing but nordic skiing, we had a wonderful time.
But none of this bothers me, well, except when a pontoon boat ties up the fuel pump.

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

I was thinking that from Dec-Mar we should just replace the whole forum with one thread titled "IS IT COLD ENOUGH FOR YA?" :p

Then in April change the message to "Just use JB Weld on it", since 99% of the posts will be cracked blocks ;)

My pet peeves recently have been:
  • loose is not the same as lose
  • sale is not the same as sell
  • " means inches, ' means feet
  • '24 is a year, 24' is a length
  • Posts which simply say "That's wrong".. way to share knowledge, Capt. Genius!
  • If your question fits in the title, put it there, then elaborate in the post.
  • If the word 'this' is in your title, and you aren't asking for identification of an unknown part, die. We aren't mind readers, and if I click on your post in the intention of being helpful despite your vagueness, I'll likely be annoyed by some other missing, and vital, information.
That's it. Everything else is water off a duck's back :D

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

I live in the western part, over by the hills, and I have some old fishing equipment to sell. Its old, but works. I remember one time, we were on vacation, not fishing but nordic skiing, we had a wonderful time.
But none of this bothers me, well, except when a pontoon boat ties up the fuel pump.
:D:D:D:eek::p:p

gonefishie

Commander

Geez! Jose Cuervo cookies anybody? A little on edge ain't we? :cool:

skargo

Banned

I laugh every time someone posts about a certain topic, and without fail, someone posts about how they don't care about the topic.

If you don't care, why waste the time to reply!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

:D

Huron Angler

Admiral

Gotta second lowkee's observations...

ex. "I have a "72 Johnson for sell, it's got lose sparkplugs, and I did loose the manual. I ran it on a 15" "75 trihaul(another of my favorites)

...I Also Hate Reading Posts Made From Text-Messaging Devices Owned By People Who Don't Know How To Change The Capitalization Options Before Posting.

...OR THE FOLKS WHO SCREAM IN THEIR POSTS!!!!!

I've never understood why bringing up old posts is so bad. What is the big deal? Maybe the folks that posted 5 years ago were smart and offered good explanations, and folks want to share the buried thread since it had valuable info.

Many times those who do this are new to the site and are reprimanded for it, while others are told to use the search feature to search for old threads, but apparently only to read and not to post. What if material facts/laws have changed and the thread is being updated to maintain accuracy?

skargo

Banned

I've never understood why bringing up old posts is so bad. What is the big deal? Maybe the folks that posted 5 years ago were smart and offered good explanations, and folks want to share the buried thread since it had valuable info.

Many times those who do this are new to the site and are reprimanded for it, while others are told to use the search feature to search for old threads, but apparently only to read and not to post. What if material facts/laws have changed and the thread is being updated to maintain accuracy?

I agree, every other board I visit, and that is a lot, they'd rather you search, and use a good old thread than start a brand new thread, covering the same info. Not to mention all the bandwidth it wastes. :confused::confused:

I'm sure there's a good reason though, just not known to the general public here.

CN Spots

Lieutenant Commander

I'm gonna reopen this thread when it's 3 years old.:p

Knightgang

Lieutenant

I laugh every time someone posts about a certain topic, and without fail, someone posts about how they don't care about the topic.

If you don't care, why waste the time to reply!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Must be talking about me and the Tiger thread...:eek::eek:

Oops, I did it again, upped my post count by one more....:D:D

WHY DO I KEEP FALLING FOR IT!!!!!:confused:

Oh well, on to the next one...:p

skargo

Banned

Must be talking about me and the Tiger thread...:eek::eek:

Oops, I did it again, upped my post count by one more....:D

WHY DO I KEEP FALLING FOR IT!!!!!:confused:

Oh well, on to the next one...:p
Not at all, now I have to go look for your post :D

Tacklewasher

Lieutenant Commander

Fine...... Some guilted me into giving a location. Like it was a big surprise given my userid or whatever it's called.:rolleyes: Is this considered padding??:D

I have no idea what WIMUSKY mean, but then I also don't know where Wisconsin is.

And what is this about post padding?

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

I agree, every other board I visit, and that is a lot, they'd rather you search, and use a good old thread than start a brand new thread, covering the same info. Not to mention all the bandwidth it wastes. :confused::confused:

I'm sure there's a good reason though, just not known to the general public here.

This is why I don't like it. I read the first post in the thread without noticing the date. I then read through the next 20 posts about someone's problem so I can get the train of thoughts and then BOOM...last post brings up the new posters new problem! Although maybe similar, it's a complete different issue and I just wasted all that time reading through the old posts!

WIMUSKY

Staff member

After all these "suggestions", I'm going to be afraid to post!!!!!! I fear I'll make someone mad every thyme!!!!!

THEY'RE YA GO!!!!!!!

Now were getting just silly.............

Pad??!!

Did anyone mention overuse of smilies??!!! :D:eek::p:rolleyes::confused::) (rats, I could only use 6)..

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

I have no idea what WIMUSKY mean, but then I also don't know where Wisconsin is.

And what is this about post padding?
They eat cheese there and they talk funny.

They also have a football team that is eventually going to move because they are eventually going to start losing money now that the profit sharing is going away.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

They eat cheese there and they talk funny.

They also have a football team that is eventually going to move because they are eventually going to start losing money now that the profit sharing is going away.

Ya sure, ya betchya..... Actually, I'm a transplant from the great state of Mn(10 years ago). So I'm not a cheesehead. Talk funny, but never a cheesehead. From what I do hear from the cheeseheads is that I'm a mud duck. I'd rather be a mud duck anyway... Football team moving??!! Maybe there really is a Santa Claus...... Go Vikes...