Another Missed Call

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander
I'm rooting for the Phille's but the called 3rd strike on Rodriguez was not even close. If it helps send it to game 7 that's ok I guess, more drama, more baseball:D The Phille's need all the help they can get.:rolleyes:

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant
Re: Another Missed Call

I'm rooting for the Phille's but the called 3rd strike on Rodriguez was not even close. If it helps send it to game 7 that's ok I guess, more drama, more baseball:D The Phille's need all the help they can get.:rolleyes:
I called **** Allen but he's a sleep............

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I have really mixed feelings about the pitch tracker.

Sometimes it proves the Ump correct when the pitch looked different, but too often the Ump misses the call on a critical pitch and alters the outcome of the game.

If they are going to show it to us they should use it for correcting bad calls, just like instant replay.

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

I have really mixed feelings about the pitch tracker.

Sometimes it proves the Ump correct when the pitch looked different, but too often the Ump misses the call on a critical pitch and alters the outcome of the game.

If they are going to show it to us they should use it for correcting bad calls, just like instant replay.

They probably should not show that to the tv viewers. From the camera shot behind the plate (same view as ump) it looked like the ball caught the outside edge, but the view from above much different. I would like to see the human element stay in the game.

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

They probably should not show that to the tv viewers. From the camera shot behind the plate (same view as ump) it looked like the ball caught the outside edge, but the view from above much different. I would like to see the human element stay in the game.
It did........Jeter nearly broke his neck when he tripped over the umpires white cane.