Where do you store your boat and how much is it?

Where do you store your boat and how much is it?

• At home.

Votes: 69 87.3%
  • At a marina.

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • I live on my boat...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BugsBunnyBoater

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I m a new member of the local boat club. One perks to membership is storage of your boat there at a good price. Uncovered slips.....$45.00 per month and up ..Covered slips $78.00 per month and up DryStorage.$40.50 per month and up My big question is how much do you pay for storage?
Or do you keep your boat at home?

And how do you think these prices compare to what you seen other places.

woosterken

Lieutenant
Re: Where do you store your boat and how much is it?

I live in an apt. so I can't have mine here :(
but about a mile away is self storage buildings and an out side lot with 24 hour gaurd
it costs me $20.00 a month

woosterken

HappierWet

Master Chief Petty Officer

At home for what's usable. At least Mid-March til @ November. Park 'em at work for the winter. Covered shed out of the way.

KurtG

Petty Officer 1st Class

If I had to pay for storage, then I'd need a bigger boat. This one is at home in the garage.

airdvr1227

Lieutenant Commander

It's a marina in the summer...but I keep my trailer at a storage place. $500 for the slip for the season, $40 a month for outside storage.

Blue Crabber

Ensign

Keep mine at home or at my parents property down at the bay. Works out nice. It is also nice to be able to keep an eye on it and not worry about someone messing around with it.

Paul eagen

Seaman

In the summer it stays in the driveway. The first winter I put it in my yard with a tarp on it, not a good idea with the snow. So now I store it in a storage building about 5 miles away. 35 bucks a month and the people that own it live right there on the property. This year though it will be in the garage on blocks for a deck rebuild.

Tabes117

Petty Officer 2nd Class

$1300 for slip with power. $250 for inside winter storage unheated.

_chris_

Chief Petty Officer

I store it in my garage for free but I want my garage back, the thing takes up the whole thing and it a 3 car. Planning on building a nice patio I can park it under in the back yard.

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

At home in one of my garages until this spring. I bought one of those steel frame canvas type covered sheds. 12'Wx10'Hx24'L. Works great. It is on a concrete pad. In the winter I also store three of my buddies boats in my 30X40 shed on the hill.:D

marlboro180

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Like Thad I bought a canvas thing for the summer driveway storage. Works great and lets me work on it when its raining or too dang hot. I had the boat in the yard last year and it did not work out well due to snow collapsing the cover struts.:(
This year it is going inside a warehouse for the winter. Trading the owner some maintenance work for the usage. Only bummer is that the fuel tank has to be 100% empty for insurance reasons. At least the price is right!

slasmith1

Lieutenant Junior Grade

mine stays in a slip year round. It costs $9 per ft per month or about $300 per month.

RoyR

Petty Officer 1st Class

$50.00 a month at a friends property....storage facilities here is about $300.00

grahamh

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I keep mine on the trailer, but at a yard by the water. $70 a month, but includes use of the ramp and wash down. I wish I could store it at home, but I rent and live on a sloped lot, so it doesn't work out

jacknbella

Petty Officer 1st Class

You need to add another option in your poll. I store my rig at a nearby storage facility for $70/month. It's a 10x27 covered garage with a 12' high door. Have to take the tower up and down whenever I use it though :mad:

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

One's in the driveway waiting to be fixed (13'). For another (17') I have a dry slip at a boat club for $70/month, which gives me a place to leave the trailer when it's moored in the water plus quick access to ramp. I keep the 21' moored at the house, and the trailer in a outdoor storage yard nearby but with limited access for $38/month. I don't trailer that boat except for repairs. This is in the city.
I'll leave the 17 at the hunt club for the winter and put the 13 in the dry slip. Gonna try leaving the 21 in the water through the winter and make an effort to run it weekly after the striper season is over. Brrrrr.

ThrashN

Seaman Apprentice

At home in the garage

This_lil_fishy

Master Chief Petty Officer

In my heated garage...the mortgage is like $1600/month but it includes a house. :p

dodgeramsst2003

Petty Officer 2nd Class

At my marina, outside, $150 for the winter.

Bifflefan

Commander

I store mine in the garage, Costs $650.00 a month. Thats kinda pricey but the house comes with it, so not that bad of a deal.:D