Attn Ezmobee!! I mean CoolBikeGuy!!!!!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Attn Ezmobee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you chose a light color I wouldn't think the Durbak would be hot on the feet. And yes I you could just hose the deck down. For seating, I think the back to back loungers are the most versatile. What I'd do for the front would be to make the whole area a casting platform and then fabricate some removable bow cushions for family days.

You better take a bunch of pics when you get the boat home or these guys will hunt you down :) Plus then they can tell me how stupid I was to pass on it.

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

LOL ... pics will come for sure. i was just checking out the iboats store and they have a service manual for that old chrysler. it covers from like 1965-about 83 and 3-150 hp. its about 26 bucks so i was thinking about grabbing it. even IF i do replace the motor at somepoint it would still come in handy to have while i still have the chrysler. also thought since that have an additional 5% off sale id maybe go ahead and order the gluvit. would a quart do it ? or is a gallon needed to cover all the seamd and rivets ?

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Here's a new Lowe boat with a cool set up in the bow like I was talking about
photo.jpg

Some cool ideas here: http://www.loweboats.com/showroom/deep-v/fish-and-ski/fs185.php I like the flip up seats in the stern

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

is the durbak texture hard on the feet ? i have been on paint with sand added and that can be pretty hard on the feet.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

also thought since that have an additional 5% off sale id maybe go ahead and order the gluvit. would a quart do it ? or is a gallon needed to cover all the seamd and rivets ?

I think Rick said at one time that a quart would do it.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

is the durbak texture hard on the feet ? i have been on paint with sand added and that can be pretty hard on the feet.

Good lord Nancy MAN up! lol If you decide to go with carpet for your tender tootsies just get a light color or something that won't show dirt. I absolutely hate mine because it's always filthy. I can clean out the whole boat and then step into it ONE TIME from the driveway and it's filthy again. I am THIS close to actually going to the trouble of removing it.

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

ill give it some time and see if he chimes in just to be sure. i was kind of thinking the same as you for the bow. we may have to get togeather whan i get her home and see if we are on the same page asfar as that goes.. :D ( we need a thumbs up smiley on iboats ) lol

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Is it bad that I'm a web developer and I don't know how to make any other smileys on here other than :) ??

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

durabak is $120.00 a gallon. their site says a gal will cover a 6 foot truckbed. might take 2 gallons to get the 2 coats on ..??? i did a search for North Beach's marine vinyl floor but didnt see any thing.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

we may have to get together when i get her home and see if we are on the same page as far as that goes.. :D ( we need a thumbs up smiley on iboats ) lol

I'm going to be in MD this evening for a meeting of my OTHER hobby club (O gauge model trains) but the rest of the week and weekend I'm pretty much free.

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

Is it bad that I'm a web developer and I don't know how to make any other smileys on here other than :) ??

lol ...i just mentioned it because another site i check out, thumpertalk ( motorcycles ) has a thumbs up smiley ... actually a whole bunch.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

durabak is $120.00 a gallon. their site says a gal will cover a 6 foot truckbed. might take 2 gallons to get the 2 coats on ..??? i did a search for North Beach's marine vinyl floor but didnt see any thing.

Fairly certain the people who used it used more than a gallon. I just searched NB's thread to try to find what the vinyl product was he used but didn't see it. I did find the page where he installed it http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=286412&page=13

Interestingly enough it's an option on the new Lowe boat and it looks identical to NB's
photo.jpg

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

i remember his boat now ... i really like that green. im already thinking a color scheme lol

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

And well you should be. My wife likes Rick's red and white. Did you seen the red boat I took a picture of in my OC thread? Friggin' awesome.

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

i sure did and thanks to YOU.... my brain went into over drive ..lol took a while to fall asleep last night thinking about colors ...thanks buddy ..:D im thinking red/white maybe like in that pic you took. red/cream blue/white or blue and cream. i also saw someone that had custom starcraft lettering cut out of metal then painted it black to replace the original hull emblems. i was thinking about doing the same but use aluminum and pilish it then clear coat it. just a little bling that i think would look cool .. lol

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I think NB actually can make you one (logo). He has for a couple of guys on here.

Here's some links to new aluminum boats for your interior dreaming:
http://www.crestliner.com/Page.aspx/pageId/3510/pmId/140712/Super-Hawk-1800.aspx
http://www.fisherboats.com/boat/gallery.cfm?boat=3174
http://www.sylvanmarine.com/Showroo...Fishing&Series=Expedition Sport&Model=1800 DC

I like the flip up benches some of them have in the rear and the front casting decks with removable cushions and pedastal seat. The possibilities are endless and you've got a clean slate.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Man....You guys have that boat finished and his ball hasnt touched the tounge yet! lol:eek:

Does that sound bad??? It does dont it?

Andy in NY

Commander

Scott, Im going to give a big old -1 on the carpet. not only will it show dirt, but it will hold moisture too.

i for one used sand and its not bad... 2 coats, sand in 1st only. its not bad on the feet, but if you trip and land a knee that will hurt a little.

i would hold off on the manual for that chrysler until you have a chance to test fire it. what if it has a blown cyl? then you will have no need for the book because the motor will be toast.

Rickairmedic

Commander

Scott 2 pound Gluvit kit which also just happens to be a quart :D.

Rick

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

Man....You guys have that boat finished and his ball hasnt touched the tounge yet! lol:eek:

Does that sound bad??? It does dont it?

yes... that sounds really bad .. lol ball and tongue have met. the boat is in the drive. give me a few min and ill add links to pics if i cant figure out the whole resizeing thing ... ill be back in a little bit... scott