Motor Cover Seal

nxaviles

Cadet
I have 2 Johnson motors a 1970 85hp and a 1973 115hp engine that have the same motor cover seal #315168. I'm in the process have restoring them completely and would like to buy 2 seals. Unfortunately they are no longer available and would like to know if anyone knows where I can get them. Desperate, Nelson.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Motor Cover Seal

some have taken fuel line and split it.

nxaviles

Cadet

some have taken fuel line and split it.

Thanks for your time and reply. I see that you had told this same thing to someone else in the past. I'm also looking into having someone in that rubber gasket industry make a mold of this and other motor cover seals and go into my own business since these companies are so irresponsible that they no longer want to make them. Thanks again for your reply, Nelson.

Sea18Horse

Chief Petty Officer

Have you looked at the cowl gaskets at nymarine.ca? Some are for 58 and up. I don't know how far "up" but maybe some of it might work?

Cheers.............Todd

Sea18Horse

Chief Petty Officer

Yep! And $30 for a pull start handle, $30 for a tiller grip. And $20 for a face plate grommet. And when it comes time to do the cosmetic restoration on mine I'll buy 'em too. It'll smart like hell! But I'll do it! Can't really fault the guy. I mean how long is it going to take him to make any return on the investment he has in those 50 or 100 or 250 foot or whatever they are rolls of gasket? How much can he sell in a year? 10 feet? If he's lucky?

Cheers...................Todd

SprocketDog

Cadet

Have you taken it to an auto body shop and ask them?

Unless you want the perfecto/exacto part, you might be surprised what they could come up with

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

OEM cover seal # 0329548 is what you need and it is readily available through any BRP dealer.

nxaviles

Cadet

OEM cover seal # 0329548 is what you need and it is readily available through any BRP dealer.

Hi, how sure are you that it would fit? looking at a picture of both cowls they do look alike specially at the bottom where it counts. How do you know it would fit? Anyway, thanks a million for the information, you just made my day.:)

Indymike

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi, how sure are you that it would fit? looking at a picture of both cowls they do look alike specially at the bottom where it counts. How do you know it would fit? Anyway, thanks a million for the information, you just made my day.:)

I have that motor cover seal on my 73 115 Johny. Fits perfect and you don't need the staples.

Never could figure out why BRP doesn't offer it as a replacement part number.

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

I used one on my 1973 135, The shape and fit are the same. I used 3M 847 to hold it in place.

nxaviles

Cadet

I have that motor cover seal on my 73 115 Johny. Fits perfect and you don't need the staples.

Never could figure out why BRP doesn't offer it as a replacement part number.

Thank you very much for the info, I really do appreciate it.:p