Dreaded Montgomery Wards.....

Abductedkris

Recruit
OK guys this should be easy for all the experts in here. I recieved a Montgomery Ward 7hp motor (found in grandpas woodpile). I have the motor "running" but want to fuigure out how to fine tune the carb. (Vid of motor on youtube search "1973 K700")
I'm attaching a pic of the carb "Walbro LMB 179" and am hoping someone can tell me which screw is which, and how to adjust them. I'm certain #1 in the pic is the idle, but not sure what #'s 2 and 3 are. I've never seen a needle in the bottom of a bowl like this. I've taken the carb apart and cleaned, fesh gas, good spark, compression is 85 lbs hot or cold.
Model: K700 2106A
Serial: 740395
Type: 60 27407R
Thanks guys

Kris

Attachments

• 7hp motor for iboats.JPG
    7hp motor for iboats.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 0

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Dreaded Montgomery Wards.....

OK guys this should be easy for all the experts in here. I recieved a Montgomery Ward 7hp motor (found in grandpas woodpile). I have the motor "running" but want to fuigure out how to fine tune the carb. (Vid of motor on youtube search "1973 K700")
I'm attaching a pic of the carb "Walbro LMB 179" and am hoping someone can tell me which screw is which, and how to adjust them. I'm certain #1 in the pic is the idle, but not sure what #'s 2 and 3 are. I've never seen a needle in the bottom of a bowl like this. I've taken the carb apart and cleaned, fesh gas, good spark, compression is 85 lbs hot or cold.
Model: K700 2106A
Serial: 740395
Type: 60 27407R
Thanks guys

Kris

I'm sort of surprised to see #1. It is the idle rpm adjustment normally used on lawn mowers. Most outboards don't have one. But ok, if they want to put one on it, it is ok with me. After all, it is a lawn mower engine.

#2 is the slow speed mixture adjustment. Adjust at idle

#3 is the high speed mixture adjustment. Adjust at full throttle

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Everything sounds good how does it run?Have you tried it on a boat yet?
I'm very interested to see if someone can get one of these these Clinton or Eskas to run the same way twice.

Abductedkris

Recruit

I've got a video of it on youtube of it running search 1973 K700. Haven't put it on a boat yet.