Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Hair? What?s that?

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • I never reply to QCs drivel cuz he's an idiot

Votes: 4 5.7%

• Total voters

QC

Supreme Mariner
I hate taking the time to get my hair cut, so about two years ago I started just trimming it a little so I could procrastinate longer . . . Well it didn't take me long to figure out that I could trim it forever and never go and pay money ever again. I haven't been to anybody in over 18 months. I use scissors for micro adjustments almost every day and Mrs. QC has finally admitted that I am okay at it and she has gotten over the "that's just weird" part :rolleyes:

I also use electric shears at about 3/4 inch on two of the three boys (20 and 15), so right now 3/5s of my family has no hair mowing expenses. I just need to get the 13 YO in on the deal. He actually said that he'd let me cut with the electric deal just last night if I'd do the same with mine. I chickened out. Hey, I'm almost 50 and as long as I have hair I'm not gonna buzz it. Well, to be honest, if the Mrs. said that it work for her then I'd probably do it . . . maybe :redface:

Who else cuts their own hair? What method(s)?

KurtG

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Hey, like who cuts your hair?

My wife cuts my hair and that of the three kids too. I figure she's the one that has to look at it and like it. She hasn't told me to go elsewhere, though she had training herself.

I've always threatened that if I started losing my hair I was going to shave it bald, and she really doesn't like to hear that, but it's the truth. So far, holding onto my own.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I'm with you. For some reason I absolutely HATE getting my hair cut. I hate it even more now because now that my wife and I car pool to work and I don't have a car I can no longer go to my favorite barber near work over lunch. Now I'm stuck going to Supercuts or whatever crap in the evenings near home.

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral

I go to an old fashion barber shop. I remember when I was a kid it cost 25? and that include a nickle tip. Now why can I remember that but can't remember more recent history.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I actually go to a barber once or twice a year because my shearing doesn't look neat on my neck and something big is coming up.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

for years i had it down to my ***. then decided to cut it. now i just do the barber.

sportsmanphil

Petty Officer 1st Class

My hair is thick and grows fast. I have to get it buzzed every 2 weeks! Im to the point (aka old enough) to start buzzing my own and careless what the end result looks like. :D

gonefishie

Commander

My old man used to cut his own hair. I trim my side burns and that about it. I have been stuck going to places like Great Clips for the last 10 yrs or so. I've relocated recently and found a real barber shop nearby. Sure is a nice break from the chain hair cutting/stylist place. It seems like they're on a race or something. I sit down and 10 minutes later, done, like a scene from Edward the scissor hands, hair clipping flying everywhere. I'm nervously can't wait to see what my hair look like everytime. I always found minor details that they missed when I got home. This new place, I was sitting on the barber chair for over 30 minutes. The cut was as perfect as it can be. The kicker was it cost the same.

Rogue427

Petty Officer 1st Class

I go to a stylist for manly mondays. $10 and she does a very good job.:)

Landscaping Wiz 808

Chief Petty Officer

I guess you could say I go to a stylist, but it's only $14 (+tip) and I get a good shoulder massage from the lady afterward! The hair doesn't come out too bad either.:rolleyes:

BOB

david_r

Lieutenant Junior Grade

guys i havent been to a barber in 10-11 yrs.

i used to cut my own with a hand mirror, bathroom mirror, comb, and a pair of barber scissors my grandma gave me.

then about 3-4 yrs ago i started shaving my head........sometimes with clippers and sometimes with razors .......................of course thats when my hair line really started to recede and be noticeable.

i will be 35 in a few days and i will not have a comber over............ever.

i have a bud who is a little older than me and when he takes his cap off , or the wind takes it off for him, he has hair about 10inches long on top of his head............ or should i have said on the side of his head ;) ............ the rest of his hair is normal length. i have tried to tell him how it looks but he just wont let go.

both of my grandpas were bald on top .... and that appears to be where im headed ................. but i dont care, i just make sure i get my tan started early so i dont get those dreaded sunburn headaches....... and always keep a cowboy hat or baseball cap with you when you are going to be in the sun for any length of time.

in the winter i might let it get about a 1/2 to an inch long for heat :D .............. but other than that IM BALD and dont care who knows it :)

pduquette

Ensign

I use to Buzz my crown myself (nuttin' up top)Then decided I'd go Kojack . Strangely thought it would be less work.....Now use a skick X-treme 3 every day or two instead of the monthly trim. :p It's fun to have a strange women walk up and rub your head "for luck" in front of all your buds !:D

IVAZ

Master Chief Petty Officer

I go to an old fashion barber.

jt57

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I guess you could say I go to a stylist, but it's only $14 (+tip) and I get a good shoulder massage from the lady afterward! The hair doesn't come out too bad either.:rolleyes:

BOB
Same here I go to a stylist,and its 16 bucks with tip. She has been cutting my hair for over 30 yrs now. I usually make the appointment to be the last one of the day,and always take her a cold beer also.

FBPirate95

Master Chief Petty Officer

I use shears on myself, but nature is helping me out. My 4head is becoming an 8head.

david_r

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I use shears on myself, but nature is helping me out. My 4head is becoming an 8head.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now thats funny i dont care who you are!!

ill have to remember that one when im teasing my 17yr son about losing his hair when he gets older.

he thinks the baldness is goin to skip him.

mine is real thin on top and receding to the point i almost have a puzzle piece on my "8head"

i386

Captain

I go to a barber shop but the 3 barbers are all women. They keep the waiting area well stocked with magazines men like (hunting, fishing, guns, boats, cars, woodworking, etc...). There's a TV, usually with the news on. The thing men like the most though the hot/towel/hot lather/straight razor shave on the back of the neck.

It's not quite the old barbershop where men talk politics/events/gossip and get into heated arguments sometimes. It doesn't smell like a beauty shop which is nice though.

aspeck

Staff member

When in Ghana I go to the hair stylist ... full scalp massage, shoulder massage, wash, rinse, repeat, conditioner, hair cut, blow dry, wash, rinse, and another scalp massage for $5 (tip included). Just can't beat that!

But at home the wife does it. Several years ago I said, "Honey, you know I am cheap, and I hate paying some chick $15 to cut my hair. I would much rather stare at you while you cut my hair for free." :eek: I think the stare part got to her and she has been cutting my hair ever since. :p

ziggy

Admiral

ya didn't leave me anywhere to vote qc. i need a quick vote of, i don't cut my hair... not in any recent history anyways. think i've had two or three trims since i got out of the service. that was in 1980, maybe 81. can't remember. i still got most of my hair too. a little thinning perhaps, but most is still there. it has pretty much stayed the same length for a long time. a little past shoulder length, usually wear it in a pony tail... unless i'm at the lake. then i let it down so i can feel the wind in my hair while i'm boating... :D

MikDee

Banned

What Hair? :D I've been losing mine on top since I was in my early 20's, still have a little left all around, and some in the front, but I am receding some on the front sides as well :eek: Not fair, it's sparse enough as it is, that's not supposed to happen, if the top is almost gone! :rolleyes: Anyway, on occasion I ask the wife to trim it with a 3/8" comb on the clipper, then it looks neat anyway.

The funny part is, when I had more hair, I used to part it, and it looked good that way (like a balding Glen Campell) then I lost so much over the yrs, I had to comb it straight back,,, er!,,, brush it straight back :rolleyes: Now even that don't look good, so I just keep it cut short most of the time.