Scam Baiting

45Auto

Commander
Been having fun with this one. Saw this 30' 1996 Sea Ray on Boats.Com for $3,500. Looks brand new in the pics:

http://www.boats.com/boat-details/Sea-Ray-Sundancer/110337401

What a deal! I'm gonna grab this boat! Trailer's worth about that much by itself! I hit the "More Info" button and asked for pics of the damage (using a BS email address I use for stuff like this).

So I've been corresponding with the guy for a week now. Kin Tinklin of 186 Fleet St in London. Google 186 Fleet St and see what you get :D:

Description: This is where Sweeney Todd, the demon barber of Fleet Street, had his shop and is believed to have robbed and murdered over 150 customers, thereby making him the number one serial killer in British history.

Turns out the boat is in perfect condition, but it's in Germany. However, he is going to ship it to me at his cost, and let me try it out for a week to see if I really want it :). He's already shipped it according to this fake shipping website they use:

http://www.sorcety.com/

It says right on the website: "In Sorcety you can trust, everytime and always". What more assurance could I ask for? Even got the little online TrustE symbol in the top right corner. Of course, if it was real, clicking it would link to the TrustE website - this one is just sits there ....

My tracking number is TK651515G248188USA. Got a scan of a shipping document and everything from them :).

All I have to do is send him $3,500 tomorrow to his bank account in Hungary (a real bank) he sent me :eek:. Wish i was smart enough to suck some money out of it instead .....

If I don't like the boat he will gladly refund my $3,500! I can't lose!

Unfortunately I used the address of the New Orleans Sewage plant (fake name of course) to ship it to. Maybe I can have someone ride by there every so often and see if it shows up .....

I figured I would Photoshop up a $3,500 transaction tomorrow and send to him, just to see how much effort I can get him to devote to this!

Anyone else wants to, feel free to try to steal my $3,500 boat! Just make sure you use a fake name and a throw-away email address. I use Softhome for free email stuff, been working great for over 10 years now.

treedancer

Commander
Re: Scam Baiting

[FONT=&quot]What it you read in the paper tomorrow that a New Orleans sewer plant worker some how got a new boat... for free. :eek: [/FONT]

Summer Fun

Banned

Tracking Number:TK651515G248188USAContent:1 x 1996 Sea Ray SundancerWeight:1588 KGValue:3,500.00 USDStatus:On MovingDate:06/06/2009
Thats funny.
rofl3.gif

The_Kid

Chief Petty Officer

All I have to do is send him $3,500 tomorrow to his bank account in Hungary (a real bank) he sent me :eek:. Wish i was smart enough to suck some money out of it instead .....

E-mail him telling him your small town bank can't do international transfers so you wired the money to the Wells Fargo Bank in London per the instructions of the shipping company when you contacted them. Make up a 10 to 12 digit alpha numeric transfer number. Tell him you added $250 to the $3500 amount to cover the cost of shipping company going to the Well Fargo office to retrieve the money, and that they stated they will be forwarding the $3500 to his bank.

Wells Fargo Bank 25, Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5LQ

That should keep him busy for a little while.:D:D

david_r

Lieutenant Junior Grade

E-mail him telling him your small town bank can't do international transfers so you wired the money to the Wells Fargo Bank in London per the instructions of the shipping company when you contacted them. Make up a 10 to 12 digit alpha numeric transfer number. Tell him you added $250 to the $3500 amount to cover the cost of shipping company going to the Well Fargo office to retrieve the money, and that they stated they will be forwarding the $3500 to his bank.

Wells Fargo Bank 25, Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5LQ

That should keep him busy for a little while.:D:D

you started off like you where reading my mind, but i would have went a lil further..........

i would set it up at his local bank so that he had to be there in person to take the money by a certain time, then alert the local authorities to go and pick him up

Bigprairie1

Commander

Interestingly, Campbell River, B.C....thats about 10 miles from my sister's house up island. I should give her (or my nephews) a call and tell her to go check it out.:D
BP:):cool: