Ie 8?

WizeOne

Commander
Has anyone downloaded it yet? I am getting an 'automatic update notice' to do it. Don't need anymore problems right now if it is problematic.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral
Re: Ie 8?

I'm getting the nag to download it too..
I did the windows messenger upgrade and it sucked!! Like to never got rid of it.
I bet IE8 will have it as part of the package..

WizeOne

Commander

I'm getting the nag to download it too..
I did the windows messenger upgrade and it sucked!! Like to never got rid of it.
I bet IE8 will have it as part of the package..

I didn't think you could get rid of Messenger? Hopefully IE 8 would have a custom install option that would allow you not to load it?

i386

Captain

I only use IE at work to connect to my Windows Update server on my network. It doesn't work with Firefox. No accident I'm sure.:rolleyes:

The rest of the computers here (about 50) use Internet Explorer. Some of the insurance companies we use only work with Internet Explorer. About half of my users don't know the difference between a computer, monitor, or modem. No sense in confusing them with multiple browsers. It's easier for me to let them believe "The Innernet" is the big blue E. I can manage it via group policy too which is an added plus.

I have IE8 on my computer at work. Looks like they've added some more security features to IE8 which is fine with me if they work and aren't intrusive. I will give it some more testing before I incrementally release it to the masses.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

I E8 lag ware..I cannot tell you why but iam having some real strange browser issue's with it. It doesnt seem to intergrate well...Way slow on opening up web paging or sometimes even just loading itself..

WizeOne

Commander

I E8 lag ware..I cannot tell you why but iam having some real strange browser issue's with it. It doesnt seem to intergrate well...Way slow on opening up web paging or sometimes even just loading itself..

Ouch! Methinks I will hold off for a while. Now I wish I could get rid of the little yellow shield that keeps staring me in the face. :rolleyes:

btw, did you grab any of it when is was down in the dollar something range?;)

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Ouch! Methinks I will hold off for a while. Now I wish I could get rid of the little yellow shield that keeps staring me in the face. :rolleyes:

btw, did you grab any of it when is was down in the dollar something range?;)

....;)

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I installed it on a laptop and I hate it..... no probllem though because it is the laptop I gave the wife and she uses Firefox.

dolluper

Captain

Sure go ahead and download it you be the tester for us hehe

joed

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I have been using it for 2 weeks. No problems so far.

Hi my name?s Feran and I am working with the Internet Explorer Outreach Team to help provide assistance to folks about their Internet Explorer.

If you?re having issues with your Internet running slow or lagging in IE8 you may be running too many add-ons. In IE go to ?tools? and ?manage add-ons? then disable/enable. Disabling any unnecessary add-ons may help you Internet run faster.
You can learn more about IE8 and its new features and security improvements and decide if it?s something you want to download here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspx?ocid=ie8_sm_a . The IEBlog also has some goof resources: http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/
Hope this helps!
Feran

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

I upgraded to IE8 months ago and haven't noticed any changes in my Firefox browsing! ;)

Seriously, you'd have to twist my arm pretty hard to get me to early adopt anything MS. I've been in computers way too long to trust anything they put out as being finished and reliable. In 12 months I'll let my PC upgrade to IE8. I'm willing to bet it still won't affect my Firefox browsing, though ;)

dolluper

Captain

Sooooo true we wouldn't buy a car without wheels but once thewheels are on we might consider it......even windows 2000 MS is still installing the wheels

WizeOne

Commander

Aside from my concern for any potential issues, are there any significant operational changes? Too often we get 'changes' for change sake and I really do not like it when that happens. I'd rather expend my learning efforts in other places.

joed

Lieutenant Junior Grade

One chagne is the name of the LINKS in favorites was changed to Favorites bar I think.
Another neat feature is if you clilck a link on a wab page and it opens in a new tab that tab and the source tab change to a common colour so you know they are linked.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Hi my name?s Feran and I am working with the Internet Explorer Outreach Team to help provide assistance to folks about their Internet Explorer.

If you?re having issues with your Internet running slow or lagging in IE8 you may be running too many add-ons. In IE go to ?tools? and ?manage add-ons? then disable/enable. Disabling any unnecessary add-ons may help you Internet run faster.
You can learn more about IE8 and its new features and security improvements and decide if it?s something you want to download here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspx?ocid=ie8_sm_a . The IEBlog also has some goof resources: http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/
Hope this helps!
Feran

That has helped quite a bit, Thankyou

gss036

Commander

I tried it (IE8) last month and it froze up my IE browser and I had to put it in the shop for a "CLEANING" to get it to work again. The guy at the shop suggested I go to FIREFOX, which I did and have no troubles. I think it is a little bit slower than IE but works good enough for me as I become more familiar w/it. I have my computer set to auto update Microsoft updates and that seems to be working at it did one a couple days ago. No more updates for me as long as my computer works.