Do you name small boats?

DRIFTER_016

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Do you name small boats?

My insurance agent named my first boat (a little 12' tinnie with 5.5 Johnson) The Sub Hunter because of all the electronics I had on it, he figured I could hunt down enemy subs with it. :D
Soooooooooooooo it's replacement (a Fisher SV 18-GT) was of course christened The Sub Hunter Too ;)

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I think every boat should have a name.

vandy21

Petty Officer 1st Class

me either, just in case.

Think about how much naming a boat after a woman would inflate their heads too.

I think I will name mine "explorer" I'm always looking for new islands and such.

I like that name. It's simple and not corny. I'm not a big fan of names like "knot yours" or "Y-knot". Sorry if i offended anyone who has a boat named that, but I just think its corny. Explorer has a nice sound to it.

fishrdan

Admiral

I don't see how it could hurt...:D

fish_git_rrr.jpg

deves3000gt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I just bought a 18' slickcraft. i didnt notice at first untill my wife pointed it out that the boat had already been named. The letters had been removed but you could still read the letters it is/was named "Dreamer" my wife ofcorse sees this as i am trying to get it started after a few years of sitting. So she gets a kick out of it. If I was to change it how do i go about it so as not to get the boat gods mad.

Opossum

Cadet

I just bought a 18' slickcraft. i didnt notice at first untill my wife pointed it out that the boat had already been named. The letters had been removed but you could still read the letters it is/was named "Dreamer" my wife ofcorse sees this as i am trying to get it started after a few years of sitting. So she gets a kick out of it. If I was to change it how do i go about it so as not to get the boat gods mad.

I understand changing the name is worse then not giving it a name.

My first boats name was the:
SS "P.O.S."
Piece of *&#%
Lol
Good Luck,
I am working on Her Big Sister Now:
SS "P.M.S."
LOL . . ...

deves3000gt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

ok so it looks like i will be keeping the name
i think i should get the letters put back on...soon
scince i have bought the boat it has been one thing after another:mad:

Shizzy

Ensign

I only name things if the name "speaks to me"

My little 14' tinny is the sea monkey. I had it parked next to my Friends 19' Sea Ray Bow Rider and Sea Monkey just seemed fitting.

I had a POS Dodge Neon I named The Dune Buggy. it was such a mediocre car I had to give it an awsome name. It had grey plastic bumpers so "rubber baby buggy bumpers" came to mind so I called it the Dune buggy.

I have owned my 72 Cutlass for almost 15 years and its never recieved a name. I came close to naming it the bar slut a few times. shiny coat of paint hiding years of damage from being rode hard and put away wet, loud and obnoxious, doesnt work half the time, has various issues that pop up from time to time, parents hated it and steals money from my wallet. :mad: