Snow Sucks!!!

partyboat21

Cadet
we're expecting 10'' of snow here tonite! im so tired of this s@$t now that i own a boat i just wanna put a hard days work in, come home and relax on the boat with the fam & a few beers! anyone else know what im sayin? i was born & raised here but as the years go by im getting more n more tired of the snow and cold weather. this year seems unusually bad too.Anyone else in my shoes??

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Re: Snow Sucks!!!

Hi,

I wasn't bought up in a snowy climate, and to a degree I regret it. I learnt to ski only 4 years ago (age 45!) and wish I had picked it up in my childhood.

All I can say is if you don't like what you have, change it, don't just complain about it. You should be grateful you have the opportunity I didn't have.

Now that I have found the enjoyment of the snow I can't get enough. I'm in northern Italy for 3 weeks, and will be sad to leave, knowing that it will be another year before I can get back here and enjoy the white stuff again.

Chris............

tallcanadian

Captain

Hi,

I wasn't bought up in a snowy climate, and to a degree I regret it. I learnt to ski only 4 years ago (age 45!) and wish I had picked it up in my childhood.

All I can say is if you don't like what you have, change it, don't just complain about it. You should be grateful you have the opportunity I didn't have.

Now that I have found the enjoyment of the snow I can't get enough. I'm in northern Italy for 3 weeks, and will be sad to leave, knowing that it will be another year before I can get back here and enjoy the white stuff again.

Chris............

next time you want snow, come to newfoundland canada. lol. we have so much snow here you need dogsleds just to go shopping. lol. okay, not that much but it's been snowing here since december. this month alone we have had almos 100cms. (39 inches). and march is our snowy month. if you live in the snow areas then i certainly understand why people get sick of it. for those who don't live near snow, i understand why you would like it. if you don't have to shovel it, snowblow it, get stuck all over the place , get stranded at work, or have your in laws stranded at your house for days, then snow is a wonderful thing.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Florida is under going more freezing nights. hate it. last power bill was $475.00.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

We have dealt with some heavy snows more often this year than some. The lake effect snow machine of the Great Lakes has worked overtime this year. Its odd that during our heavy snows, people drive sensible. For the last two mornings, we have had just an inch or two that has created the most accidents. The light snow gets packed down into ice and that is when things get interesting. I think many of us have "Cabin Fever" up here in the north.

The total snow fall for my area this season is 54" and March can be one of our snowiest months so it isn't over yet.

mthieme

Captain

Florida is under going more freezing nights. hate it. last power bill was $475.00.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Are you Constellation down there?
They took over BGE here recently and the rates have soared.
Many people have complained that their rates have doubled the past two months. Mine has been stable.

mphy98

Lieutenant

We all need to get out there with our gas guzzling boats and suvs to ramp up global worming!! :D Oh wait that theory is pretty much busted now. Oh well guess I will have to wait to enjoy my boat!

I have just bought my 2 first boats and am dying just to get on them and get them ready boating however they are under large amounts of snow. We got an additional 20 cm of snow this weekend making it way to much....living in Northern Ontario this year sucks.......I am not an avid winter person but I do realize I live in the North and must except it but snow since November I think I shoveled every day in Dec and Jan. I know what you feeling as for high heatng cost before we renovated and insulated it cost us $700.00 a month in the winter to heat with gas.......as for the gas guzzling boats and SUV's we may not help the green movement but we will help the sagging economy....so there is an up side to all things.

Tabes117

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I take all my vacation time between June - August, to use the boat. Toward the end of winter I am so sick of work!!!!!!!! Winter blows.

Navy Jr.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Last night we had 4.5" of snow (forecast was for 1-2") here in the Twin Cities and I was delighted! Our total is down from normal this year and we need the moisture to recharge the lakes.

partyboat21

Cadet

well got to bed this morning around 2am just to see the storm roll in.sure enough we didnt get hit with 10''.more like 8'' woke up at 6:30 am and started shoveling and thinking of being with my fam on our boat on the shores of puerto rico. then slipped on the ice and found myself laying in the snow bank that i created by shoveling snow. came in the house and told the wife we're moving this coming spring and she agreed seeing shes in a wheelchair and its hard for her to get around in this stuff. this year for some reason is really unbearable.do you think im just fed up?im not askin for therapy,just creating conversation.

SuzukiChopper

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I'll take the snow any day right now... at least then I know IT ISN'T STUPIDLY COLD OUTSIDE!

We've been pretty average around -40C (-40F) since December. Only now are we seeing highs of around -15C (5F) but the forecast doesn't show that going away soon. We have had a few above freezing days but the very next day it'll drop 20 to 30 degrees. It's enough to make a guy go crazy.

a70eliminator

Captain

I don't mind the snow too much, it's the brutal cold temps that we've experienced this winter that I hate.

Bigprairie1

Commander

Well, we have a pretty mild climate out here in Victoria (Vancouver Island). We haven't had snow since that weird snow fall around Christmas which was pretty unusual in how long it hung around. Usually we have 48hr snowfalls from the time they arrive until theyre gone. That contributes to our usual standard 4-6 days a year of snow and thats about it.
Today the suns out, the flower buds are starting to show, its about 10+Deg.C (or about 50deg.F-American:D)....it's looking good.
I saw 3-4 boats today being towed around today, probably on their to or from a launching and in all likelihood some salmon fishing.
Regardless, I'm liking the longer days more than anything...bring it on!!..brighter, warmer!!:)
BP :D

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

Yes, it does - which is why I moved south nearly 20 years ago.

I think I'll go out in the boat tomorrow! ;)

Summer Fun

Banned

Welcome to the snow club :p.
NORTHERN ONEIDA-ONONDAGA-MADISON-SOUTHERN ONEIDA-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...BOONVILLE...SYRACUSE...ONEIDA...UTICA...
ROME
1013 PM EST SAT FEB 21 2009

...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY EVENING
THROUGH MONDAY AFTERNOON...

A LAKE EFFECT SNOW WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY EVENING
THROUGH MONDAY AFTERNOON.

A BAND OF LAKE EFFECT SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP EAST OF LAKE
ONTARIO EARLY SUNDAY EVENING. THE BAND WILL LIKELY DEVELOP NORTH
OF THE NEW YORK THRUWAY SUNDAY EVENING... THEN DROP SOUTH TOWARD
THE SYRACUSE AREA OVERNIGHT SUNDAY. SNOW SHOWERS WILL CONTINUE
THROUGH MUCH OF THE DAY MONDAY BEFORE TAPERING OFF LATER IN THE
DAY. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS IN THE HEAVIER AND MOST PERSISTENT
SNOW BANDS COULD RANGE FROM 8 TO 12 INCHES.,,
hammer.gif

mthieme

Captain

Last night we had 4.5" of snow (forecast was for 1-2") here in the Twin Cities and I was delighted! Our total is down from normal this year and we need the moisture to recharge the lakes.

Just sitting here watching the news...somewhere in MN (didn't catch the area) was a 50 car pile up in the snow.:eek:
I fugred you guys would be used to this stuff.:)
The midwest and NE is about to get hammered.

Bob - another 6-10" forecast for VT.

I'm just south of Baltimore which is a weird area - meteorologically. Everything is just to the west of us by a hair. I expect we'll see something before the day's out though.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

What better excuse do you folks need for moving to South Florida. Come one come all, its a great time to get into a property that only a very short time ago you most probably could have never afforded to buy.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Again we got the hype about a snowfall with accumulations. Woke up this morning with about an inch. Just enough for the authorities to spread tons of salt.

I hope the weather breaks for good in 4 weeks so I can get the few things done to the boat before the second week in April.

mthieme

Captain

What better excuse do you folks need for moving to South Florida. Come one come all, its a great time to get into a property that only a very short time ago you most probably could have never afforded to buy.

Gotta wait a few more years to retire.
One of the things I anticipate is ripping through the canals at 70+ mph in my hydroplane. Do you think anyone will have a problem with this?:D