Northeast iboats members get together !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edko

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Northeast iboats members get together !

Sand Island is nice. bit of crowd some weekends but crowds can be fun too.

Fairlee Creek is fun, also crowded.

Still pond/still pond creek. Not as much crowd and not alot of action if you can nav the channel to the innner creek.

All on the Chesapeake.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I liked the Cedar Point idea !!!!
We go there every year for a weekend at least twice without fail.
Buddy of mine with a 30 ft (ish) Sea Ray has offered me his boat for the weekend if we go this year.
He didn't offer to pay for the gas though !!!!

wajajaja02

Senior Chief Petty Officer

maintaining that this is a boating get together, something close to the raritan bay/statue liberty, Hudson bay, would allow all boaters to sail/motor in from the entire east coast on the icw. or long island.
macy fireworks are awsome by boat, in ny harbor.

cooter2506

Senior Chief Petty Officer

LOL maybe I missed it but is there get together? My vote would be LOng island sound or Lake raystown. Boating in both this year already have een doing that round for years!

gonfishn

Commander

I have been following this thread for a while now. It sems that everyone has a plan but no planning. When Spinner and first got the first roundo together we first surveyed where everyone lived that wanted to go. We then started to locate areas around the members. I have been to 3 now and most that attended lived within a couple hundred Miles of roundo. Rosoces was a success because most of us lived generally close to area.

Florida will have more because alot folks live there. Most are not going to drive 500 miles to spend a weekend then have to come back. All in all less than 10% have ever showed up. i would suggest that those in the east coast plan a mini and those who are in midwest also do same.

Remember most who come are not there to sight see but to visit and do some boating together. Most of time we gathered arpund a fire and talked about those who did not come. Three days goes quick.

mickjetblue

Chief Petty Officer

Can make it to the Chesapeake Bay for a Saturday.
Is there a boat launch directly to the west of the Fishing Battery area?
For those not too familiar with the bay, we would need to know about
the launch areas nearby whatever island area is chosen.
Hope it happens.
:)

arks

Lieutenant Commander

Is there a boat launch directly to the west of the Fishing Battery area?

Well, yes and no.... there's a basic ramp inside Swan Creek and another small marina with ramp only a mile to the southwest, but they're both on the APG military base. I'm pretty sure their use is restricted to base personnel.

The closest public boat ramp to Fishing Battery is at Havre de Grace City Yacht Basin, which is next to Tydings Park. It's my home marina. Phone 410-939-0015. They have a 2 lane ramp with floating docks. Fishing Battery is about 3 miles from it.

Here's an arial view:
https://marinas.com/view/marina/5056_Havre_de_Grace_City_Yacht_Basin_MD#Scene_1

skargo

Banned

Joeapalooza is this Saturday August 1st, see you there!

NoGin

Petty Officer 1st Class

How about a little get together somewhere on the LI sound sometime late August? :D

pmat1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Raystown would be do-able for me.

zach103

Commander

How about a little get together somewhere on the LI sound sometime late August? :D

i second that.. after the 21st im free till the 31 when scool starts

NoGin

Petty Officer 1st Class

Let's do this guys! I am in Mt. Sinai harbor and the next harbor over is Port Jefferson. I have been there several times this summer to "Pirates Cove." A great area where many boats come to hook up. It's a really nice area and kids can swim safely and play on the beach. Otherwise I would be up to heading pretty much anywhere you guys want to! :cool:

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

if you guys want to have one, someone has to take the lead to organize it. i will do whatever i can, from Florida to help you. these things just don't happen. for the Fl campout there are 5 of us as a steering committee. it takes all of us. to put one together. we are working on April 2010.

NoGin

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the help! I would love to just throw one together for this summer then correctly plan for next seasons. I have a ton of experience in event planning from my 2 business I own. It can be trying and a ton of work but it doesn't necessarily need to be.

Any NE members interested in gathering somewhere in the NY - CT area please post here or you can PM me and I will take the bull by the horns for us!! ;)

Blue Crabber

Ensign

I would love to join in on this fun! However our fall schedule is looking very busy already so I can't commit at this point. But if it is close enough and I am not working I will try to make it. I will keep checking in on this thread to monitor the progress!

A couple of us did a small raftup on the upper Chesapeake Bay about a month ago and it was a lot of fun to meet some of the people here on the board. (Even though we got there late and missed a couple of them)

I would love to see something like this happen and will try to get there!

NoGin

Petty Officer 1st Class

How about here:

Sag Harbor, NY - 3 Mile Harbor. I haven't been there but I heard it is like 3 miles of caribbean clear blue water. It would be about a 5 hour run for me to get there from Mt. Sinai but would be worth the trip. I will try to post a mapquest of the local. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.