Who likes being married?

Bard1

Petty Officer 1st Class
I DO !!!
I'm going to Buffalo N.Y. in the morning 01/14/2009. my most awesome wife is sending me....humm...coldest time of the year! OK I'm having fun:D
She's mad,because of all the the stuff (I think I need) that my bags are slammed packed. Note. I'm not aloud to pack my stuff.. I'm OK with that!
Warm stuff will stay, meat,sauce,etc. will come back.

All I know is if the wife ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!:D

dave11

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Who likes being mairred?

Me, too couldn't get along without her.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Married thirteen years, divorced 27 years ago, happy ever since.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

What The Heck Are You Thinking!!!! :eek:

Here is the weather statement from Buffalo:

THE COLDEST AIR OF THE SEASON WILL BE OVER THE AREA THURSDAY
THROUGH SATURDAY. THIS MAY BRING ADDITIONAL SNOW AND LAKE EFFECT
SNOW...ALONG WITH DANGEROUSLY COLD WIND CHILLS OF 10 TO 20 BELOW
ZERO.

And your wife packed your bags........ she wants to see you cold so you will appreciate her more! ;)

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Not sure I understood much of what you said, but have a safe trip.

chiefalen

Captain

Me too BoatBuoy. I think he misspelled married ? That a mental block you think ???

Married 22 years best 24 years of my life ha. I can't forget the courtship phase.

Funny thing is i remember when i asked her out she said no twice, if she would have said no once more i never would have asked her out again.

And all i remember is i had nothing to do on the friday night she said yes.

Next thing i know like 2 weeks latter is she got a key to my apt, And my Tran-Am.

I remember i went to my best friends house to play poker, on a friday night, and then golf, sat. morning.

It was about a hour drive maybe more from my house, and i'm holding 4 kings, got all my money in the pot, it's 2 am, and in walks my then girlfriend now wife screaming at me why i didn't call her.

I said sit down, shut up, and when i'm done, we'll talk or, you can get in your mommy's car drive home and well talk in a month or so.

She stormed out and i called her in a week. I missed her the rest is history.

I never really dated a good woman before then, if you guys know what i mean.

Lived together for 2 years and then she put it to me, marry me or i'm gone she says.

Jan 4th was 22 years.

gonefishie

Commander

How did you feel when you were being pressured into it Chief?

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

The more the merrier :D On my 4th marriage :D Somebody has got to do the laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc...........:D ............SS

At least with my present wife, we haven't had any arguments in the past 12 years. Oh it is nice to be dominant (at least on her part) :D

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

BobVT, 2 Huskies will keep me warm, cheaper than her.

getinmerry

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have to jump in here:

First off- Today is my 15th anniversary. I love my wife, I can't imagine life without her. That being said- she drives me crazy. I drive her crazy. We have a good balance and I can count on one hand the times we've fought over the last 15 years.

Second- I live in the Buffalo area. It's January 14th- 9am- currently the temperature is 4 degrees and the sun is shining. The temperature is by no means "normal". Most of the country is seeing brutal temps. Buffalo gets a bad rep for the weather- mostly due to Johnny Carson's years of beefing on us. We have some of the best summer weather in the states. We have many beautiful lakes and wonderful surrounding towns and villages. I will agree that Buffalo is a dying city and quite frankly I never go downtown- there's nothing in the city anymore.

Chuck
Chuck

gonefishie

Commander

. That being said- she drives me crazy. I drive her crazy. We have a good balance and I can count on one hand the times we've fought over the last 15 years.

Y'all drive each other crazy but no fighting, how does that works? :confused: what's your secret? We're to the point now that we irritated each other a lot. :(

angus63

Captain

BobVT, 2 Huskies will keep me warm, cheaper than her.

I'm no expert on political correctness when it comes to the ladies, but I have to hazard a guess that referring to a pair of the finer gender friends as "Huskies" is at the very least a wee bit offensive even if they are less expensive than the betrothed.;):D

jaxnjil

Lieutenant

34 years married.
if you can make it past the first 33 then the rests is gravy.

KIDDING if you find the right person there isnt any thing better.

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander

married for 32 years,, the last 2 are still in divorce court.. NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!! I see no valid reason to get married at my age,, have plenty of kids and grandkids,, I have to go see my divorce atty at 3 today as a matter of fact.. Oh well! it's only money.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander

marriage is the one thing in life I have decided to learn from others mistakes. I made it 42 years without trying it and I'm not about to start now.

like the comedian says if you start thinking about it, just go buy a woman a house and give her a wad of money and be done. Why bother going through the hell of the ceremony.

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander

all marriage licenses should expire in 5 years and need to be renewed, every 5 years after that,, I bet it would change some attitudes...

FSHKPR

Ensign

ME!!! 33 years in april for me.yes she gets on nerves sometimes and its possible i might have got on one of her nerves once or twice, The lady is my best friend and i cannot imagine life with out her.

chiefalen

Captain

Ok here it is the world according to the " CHIEF ". You asked for it. I just had this conversation with a bunch of young guys maybe 24-30 ish.

Was sitting around waiting for my wife and they were waiting for their squeeze.

Now looking back i see there is nothing more important then family.

I have 4 kids 21-11, and every day, in everyway i do everything with them in mind. Except hitting the throne that is.

Even what i eat, cause with the health conditions i have i want to see them grown with their own kids.

Watching them getting stronger, from the first day they popped out, getting stronger, learning to walk. Some days they make you proud, some days you have to play the dictator, and somedays you stay up all night if they are sick.

Each one is different then the next, and each one has a different strength and weakness.

So it's not all about me in the end is what i'm trying to say.

Young, single, and wild is good when your young, single, and wild.

But who's gonna have your back when it's all said and done. Who's gonna nurse me back when i'm sick if i didn't marry who i did.

I think i loved her before i met her sounds corny but true.

And everyday i tell her so she knows i'm thinking of her.

I know guys spend more time fixing the car or boat then with the woman they are with.

They are queens and should be treated as such.

I don't mean with money and jewelry, but kindness and understanding.

So young guns you find a good woman treat her as if she was that, a good woman.

And to this day i never told her she can't do this or that, or go here and there.

I never told her how to dress, or try to control her in anyway, i wanted her to stay cause she wanted to stay.

And i never thought i owned her.

I guess it's working cause she comes home every night.

Hard times yep, times i wanted to shoot her, and feed her to the dogs yep.

But i know i ain't easy to live with, and she puts up with me.

Last of the last, know you got to be tired reading this, if you work at it together than nothing, absolutely nothing will ever come between you two.

xxturbowesxx

Chief Petty Officer

Ok here it is the world according to the " CHIEF ". You asked for it. I just had this conversation with a bunch of young guys maybe 24-30 ish.

Was sitting around waiting for my wife and they were waiting for their squeeze.

Now looking back i see there is nothing more important then family.

I have 4 kids 21-11, and every day, in everyway i do everything with them in mind. Except hitting the throne that is.

Even what i eat, cause with the health conditions i have i want to see them grown with their own kids.

Watching them getting stronger, from the first day they popped out, getting stronger, learning to walk. Some days they make you proud, some days you have to play the dictator, and somedays you stay up all night if they are sick.

Each one is different then the next, and each one has a different strength and weakness.

So it's not all about me in the end is what i'm trying to say.

Young, single, and wild is good when your young, single, and wild.

But who's gonna have your back when it's all said and done. Who's gonna nurse me back when i'm sick if i didn't marry who i did.

I think i loved her before i met her sounds corny but true.

And everyday i tell her so she knows i'm thinking of her.

I know guys spend more time fixing the car or boat then with the woman they are with.

They are queens and should be treated as such.

I don't mean with money and jewelry, but kindness and understanding.

So young guns you find a good woman treat her as if she was that, a good woman.

And to this day i never told her she can't do this or that, or go here and there.

I never told her how to dress, or try to control her in anyway, i wanted her to stay cause she wanted to stay.

And i never thought i owned her.

I guess it's working cause she comes home every night.

Hard times yep, times i wanted to shoot her, and feed her to the dogs yep.

But i know i ain't easy to live with, and she puts up with me.

Last of the last, know you got to be tired reading this, if you work at it together than nothing, absolutely nothing will ever come between you two.

Coming from a "Yound Buck".. Well said.