Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

thumpar

Admiral
3k for an old boat with no motor? I sold my last boat with Mercruiser for less than that and it was in better condition.

Rick Stephens

Admiral
No Title

I'd love to see more pictures of the Guasti, it looks cool. I saw it on ebay but there weren't any more pictures of it. I love the broken sheerline and flare at the bow, reminds me of a custom carolina hull.

Here's the others.

Attachments

• photo208256.jpg
    photo208256.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo208257.jpg
    photo208257.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo208258.jpg
    photo208258.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 0

tallcanadian

Captain
Not a TLC ad but worth a chuckle. I wouldn't take this thing for free if he delivered it. At least he's up front about not having the title (why people buy boats without a title is beyond me).

I like the tri hull. It has a nice style to it. Just not three grand worth. I'm glad he's offered to work on the price. Nice guy. ;)

No Title

I just found mine on Craigslist last week. The seller originally wanted $1795; he then lowered the price to $1450. I offered him a non-running 8500watt generator, a SigPro 2340 and $100; he accepted.

Attachments

• photo207825.jpg
    photo207825.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo207827.jpg
    photo207827.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo207869.jpg
    photo207869.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo207871.jpg
    photo207871.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 0

chappy15

Recruit
I must have been one of the lucky ones to buy from CL. Got a 1988 Sea ray s24 sorrento sxl with trailer for 1500.00. cranked when jumped the starter relay but nothing worked with the key. Took a chance got it home checked the ignition switch...12 volts....WTF. found that someone had taken the control handle off and put it back in the wrong spot causing the neutral switch not to engage. fixed that and none of the electricals worked. Replaced all the breakers on the dash and the toggles. Everything works, starts and runs with the key as designed. Out on the water in 3 days not including shipping

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander
This is the best one I've seen to date. I have a feeling that the next time this is floated (it's beached on NH coastal marsh right now) will be on its way to becoming an artificial reef in the Atlantic. Amazing CL curiosity, though.

jbcurt00

Staff member
This is the best one I've seen to date. I have a feeling that the next time this is floated (it's beached on NH coastal marsh right now) will be on its way to becoming an artificial reef in the Atlantic. Amazing CL curiosity, though.
If you're asking $20for a project boat, AND english isn't your 1st language, perhaps you should pay someone to proof read your ad. On my phone I can't really tell, but are any of the pix of the actual boat, and how it actually looks currently?

"There is a hole on the button of the vessel."...I'm assuming he means "bottom of the vessel", in which case the only thing keeping it from sinking is the marsh on which it's resting. A converted Navy ship.......really? SMDH....

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander
JB, it's basically a gutted yacht...no power, no electric, no interior...and a breach in the hull thanks to it being subject to tides and storms on the beach.

PIcs:

TLMnE2b.jpg

5bLFRP0.jpg

D7xDpNe.jpg

YZeZSSC.jpg

8Pa7nC8.jpg

Back story is that it was a complete refit, owner ran out of money, and this Brazilian guy bought it. He was going to have it refit in Newburyport, but it broke two separate moorings while waiting for the lift. The property owners adjacent to it's new "home" are pissed.

It's a gigantic, 85' liability.

"There is a hole on the button of the vessel."...I'm assuming he means "bottom of the vessel", in which case the only thing keeping it from sinking is the marsh on which it's resting. A converted Navy ship.......really? SMDH....

I have no idea what the Navy ship thing means...it's a Burger yacht built for wealthy people. Machine gun? :noidea:

Last edited:

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander
I guess you could patch the hull and run it like this:

9U0yJos.jpg

SxpVm7Y.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

^^^That's a 65' Viking that sunk in Sandy.

EDIT: The ad I posted was flagged for removal, and it was posted all over the US. Weird scam?

Last edited:

merkurfan

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Not a TLC ad but worth a chuckle. I wouldn't take this thing for free if he delivered it. At least he's up front about not having the title (why people buy boats without a title is beyond me).

Not so sure it needs a title. I know somewhere around the model year of that boat titles did become optional on cash buys and manditory on financed boats. That boat may have never had a tittle...

I am local, I would not take it if dropped off either ;)

jbcurt00

Staff member
I guess there's a boat in there somewhere according to the seller:
15ft fiberglass boat stored in garage with tilt trailer needs motor body in good shape was redone 10 yrs ago professionaly no dings or scratches just dusty .yah its in there somewhere
$_20.JPG

:facepalm:

On Kijiji.... Dern them crazy Canucks,so misunderstood :laugh:

Posted elsewhere on line, but it DEFINITELY belongs in this Topic......

Brian 26

Chief Petty Officer
Not so sure it needs a title. I know somewhere around the model year of that boat titles did become optional on cash buys and manditory on financed boats. That boat may have never had a tittle...

I am local, I would not take it if dropped off either ;)

In MN some are titled and some are not but they all have to be registered with the DNR to be in the water, and you need that registered owner to sign off on the sale. Financing and size are usually the driver for that but not always. I was using the term title in a general sense which is not correct, what I should have said is "why people buy boats without the proper paperwork is beyond me".