HUGE PROJECT!! 30' Scarab Sport overhual

Status
Not open for further replies.

jserb

Chief Petty Officer
Re: HUGE PROJECT!! 30' Scarab Sport overhual

When is Jobbie nooner this year?!?!?!?!?

Zach Attack.....
No unfortunitly i didnt, its in great shape and im saving incase a new project comes around ;-) The wife went to West Marine one day and they were closing out by us and she found a nice new white one for next to nothing.

P.S. Zach you finish up with school yet? consruction here is dead i got laid off!!!!!!!!!! Good thing i finished the scarab when i did or i wouldnt have any funding!

jcsercsa

Captain

ScarabTOO...Check you PM id be glad to talk with you.

GUYS THE SEASONS ONLY 2 MONTHS AWAY.......THAT MEANS IN 4 WEEKS IN TIME TO PULL YOUR BOATS OUT, UNCOVER THEM AND START WORKING ON ANY "UPGRADES" YOU HAVE TO MAKE BEFORE THE SEASON!!!

UPDATE!-about a month ago i pulled the scarab (which is shrunk wrapped) into a buddies heated warehouse and i pulled all 6 wheels off the trailer and checked the bearings, re-greased, and made sure the trailer was road worthy before the season. I said "i dont wanna spend a nice summer day working on the trailer, id rather do it now while im bored and laying around". so needless to say shes road worthy. plan is, trailer her to the west side of Michigan and drop her in the water and shoot across Lake Michigan to Chicago for a long weekend. - This trip is planed for last weekend in June.

I plan on going the air races in Detroit June 5th

I plan on going to Put In Bay the weekend of July 30th, if anyone can meet up out there?

And im going to make it to Lake St Clair as well....no date set yet

Anyone wanna meet up?!

And i plan on

yea I might be up for it this year !! I got to get a lower unit for mine !! well see how it goes !!ket me know!!! John

zach103

Commander

When is Jobbie nooner this year?!?!?!?!?

Zach Attack.....
No unfortunitly i didnt, its in great shape and im saving incase a new project comes around ;-) The wife went to West Marine one day and they were closing out by us and she found a nice new white one for next to nothing.

P.S. Zach you finish up with school yet? consruction here is dead i got laid off!!!!!!!!!! Good thing i finished the scarab when i did or i wouldnt have any funding!

O well at least you got a sweet deal.. im glad it works.. im always looking for the big project boats with free parts. this summer while camping i found one and took all the gauges and switches.. soe lights some little things.. it was a mess so i was scared to go digging...

no im still working on my two year. ill have another year or so at this school.. than i go onto my bs.. construction is dead here too.. i quit back in august and started my own lawn company.. i have a bout ten lawns i do on my own.. i also help another guy in the biz with all his stuff.. .. but the construction guy hasnt moved his work trailer in about 2 months.. its pretty bad

jserb

Chief Petty Officer

see "Boating Activities and Destinations" thread for the current adventure in the Scarab...Will be posting photos next Sunday..

jserb

Chief Petty Officer

see "Boating Activities and Destinations" thread for the current adventure in the Scarab...Will be posting photos next Sunday..

I posted the entire trip!!!!!!This is a prefect example who what you boys can do with an Iboat restored vessel!~

jserb

Chief Petty Officer

I thought you all should look at the new thread i started in "Boating Topics and Questions (not Engin Questions)"...Post is called....."THE WOMEN OF IBOATS"......Lord knows all of you in here need to post something in there ;-)

Hope everyones projects are coming along strong! I enjoy reading all of them at work! ;-)

fauxmeister

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Awesome boat John...Just read the entire thread. Glad your enjoying it!

bluwaterbrew

Recruit

jserb, do you still post on here? I was searching in google and ran across your rebuild. I am planning on rebuilding my scarab in the near future and would like to ask you some questions if you don't mind!

jserb

Chief Petty Officer

bluwaterbrew, please Personal message me and i will be glad to talk, also check out "boating destinations and activities" forums search "2011 great adventure to the 1000 islands" just took the scarab there!!! plenty of photos!

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Input needed

Just found this thread,...Only on page 4 and I have to go to work,...

I look forward to catching up with it tonight,...

Nice looking project,...

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

Finished up reading tonight,..

What an awesome project,...I'm glad it all worked out for yous,.....

I got to spend a week fishing Lake Erie and the Detroit river in 2007, Yous live in a very cool part of the world!!

Status
Not open for further replies.