What kind of boat(s) do you own?

Dave Shipos

Seaman Apprentice
Re: What kind of boat(s) do you own?

LOL ! I have 3 in the Garage And the others a lined right up in the back yard covered--I guess that it is fair to say that I have a soft spot for old boats!--I do want to sell a few though--Dave

Thats a lot of boats! Where do you keep them all in the off-season?

macsfriended

Seaman

2009 Cobalt Sport 210 purchased new in 2009. This is our first ?luxury? boat and she is a thoroughbred in every aspect.

2000 Bennington 2250 LX pontoon purchased new in 2000. A wonderful floating patio for easy water. After we purchased a condo at Lake of the Ozarks we quickly felt this was not an appropriate boat for us for that lake. It was sold and the Cobalt purchased.

1983 S-2 6.9 (22 ft. sailboat) purchased new in 1984 for club racing and pleasure cruising on Carlyle Lake, IL. Still have it , still race it, and it?s a keeper. We moved to this boat when our son hit 4 years old and could ride along. Naturally, he never developed any interest in mom and dad?s love of sailboat racing. He lived inside the cabin playing with his transformers and other toys. Thinking about trying it on Lake of the Ozarks to take out during ?Prime Times? when the BIG power yachts are all doing flank speed ahead and REALLY chopping up the water. I think its mucho slower speed would be mucho more comfortable.

1976 Boston Whaler Newport (17 ft. same hull as the Montauk) purchased in 1980 as a new dealer leftover. After using Montauks at the sailing club for race committee and rescue duties, that was the only power boat I was going to buy. We?re keeping it for fishing and occasional changes of scenery trips to other Midwestern lakes. (Alton pool, Table Rock Lake, Kentucky Lake, etc.) Mostly because it is a great boat and much lighter and easier to tow than the Cobalt.

1974 International 470 (15 ft.) Olympic class racing dinghy purchased new. Taught ourselves to sail and race in it thanks to a lot of help from the experianced and giving folks at the Carlyle Sailing Association.
We imagined the S2 would be more appropriate with a young son and sold this boat. I really regret its sale.
Maybe, if I win a lottery, I might try to find it, clean, shine and refurbish it. If only to hang on a wall (a really big wall) or make coffee table.

JimMH

Petty Officer 1st Class

2008 Larson LXI 208. Purchased new in August 2009, dealer left over.

It is the 8th boat I have owned since 1985. Three Master Crafts and one Ski Nautique, Use to slalom ski everyday, worn out knees stopped that.

Topol_86

Petty Officer 2nd Class

50's-60's? 15' Aquarian..in the process of fixing after overpowering with a '73 Merc 85hp and getting caught in rough weather, Recently bought a Terrasyn Panther, 17-18' (i still have to put a tape measure on, the LOA might include the swim platform from the Ad) with a 1978 Johnson Seahorse 70hp, lower unit is garbage, but found a new one for $250....just had to drive 7 hours roundtrip to get it.:eek: also have a 15' i picked up for free, don't have any info on it, it's been over a year since i even looked at it.

*should also mention, the aquarian came with a '60 johnson 40hp, and mint trailer, as well as all gear, for $800. The Terrasyn was bought for $225, and as noted, the other 15' whatever it is, was free. The Terrasyn is now my hobby before the ice is gone, and it's coming along quite nicely. May start a thread in the resto forum as i have lots of pics. One thing i've learned, is marine carpet=nearly indestructible, i had 2" of moss growing on it, and it's almost back to original.....i'll stop here because i'm drifting off topic....

oops!

Supreme Mariner

wow......mods take note...!

this could be i boats longest running thread....

started june 01.....:)

19 foot 1989 bilge liner capri....3l alpha one...

1969 srv 190 6 bange 190 hp.....hull extended to 25 feet....re powered to 330 hp sbc.......wallett drained to zip........LOL

superbenk

Commander

1980 Century 190, OMC 140 w/ Stringer 400 (ya, I know...):

IMG_3288.JPG

tbird175

Petty Officer 1st Class

I just have one now. A 17' t'bird with a 175 HP Black Max Merc. It is a cathedral hull, but I only boat on Lake Weiss or Guntersville. It is great for fishing or play with the grandkids. :)

Last summer we moved up from a 1984 19' SeaRay Seville 140 Mercr. to our new (to us :)) 1999 Larson 206 SEI with 4.3 190.

Good mix of size comfort and power.

Seneca Lake

GXL205 Deke

Petty Officer 2nd Class

2007 Glastron GXL205. First boat we bought it end of last august. Can't wait to get the season going this year.

scorpionfs

Seaman

1990 black eagle scorpion f/s,this is the first boat i have owned other than a couple of john boats

bassfearmee

Seaman Apprentice

1992 Tracker TX17, 50hp 2 stroke Evinrude, 46lbs wireless Motorguide, Minn Kota anchor winch, Humminbird SI side imaging

arks

Lieutenant Commander

Wow- this thread is 9 years old!
Our current boat stable contains the following:
1984 Silverton 34C, twin 270HP Crusaders
1995 Lowe 1448 BigJon, 25HP Evinrude
1997 SeaDoo GTI
198? Alcort Minifish (currently under re-hab)
9' Old Town Otter recreational kayak
15' Necky Kyook sea kayak
17' P&H Sirius sea kayak

searay-bob

Cadet

I have a 1989 340SD Sea Ray with twin 454 merc's. This is my first season with it and I hope it is a good one. I have done some work on it and installed a new nav system.:cool:

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

Getting rid of the IMP and bought a Cruisers Inc 297. Twin 260 I/B. Can't wait for the boat to be in the water.

RoryDominick

Seaman Apprentice

1988 Skeeter SD-80 88 hp evinrude,kinda small but suits me.

GMacc

Recruit

"I aquired" a 1973 Formula F-260C. It was a donation to a school and nobody bid on her. I'm glad. It's awesome. Full 1" thick hull, no core. I repowered it with a pair of Mercruiser 5.7L TKS's with Alphas. 500hp. Put in a ton of sweat equity and now it's almost perfect. I understand this boat was only made in 73-74. very little information is available either from the manufacturer or the web. Anyody got any>
http://gmacc59.tripod.com/Formula/73_F260c.htm