fuel pump conversion..56 johnson javelin NEED HELP ASAP!!

davidf5252

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: fuel pump conversion..56 johnson javelin NEED HELP ASAP!!

and TashasDaddy you still haven't returned my PM about sending me the wrong part! I would appreciate a response, thanks.

samo_ott

Vice Admiral

A vent hole in the gas cap? Ok, you've already converted it to a single line then as I sure hope that's not a pressure tank gas cap! :)

davidf5252

Petty Officer 2nd Class

A vent hole in the gas cap? Ok, you've already converted it to a single line then as I sure hope that's not a pressure tank gas cap! :)
no i couldnt do the conversion i was sent the wrong part...

still a 2 line system....for now...

freddyray21

Commander

a pressure tank does not have a vent hole in the cap.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

It doesn't have a "vent" hole but they do have a hole in the side that exhausts the air when you loosen the cap. Cap gasket is leaking if it lets air out there when cap is tight.

davidf5252

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It doesn't have a "vent" hole but they do have a hole in the side that exhausts the air when you loosen the cap. Cap gasket is leaking if it lets air out there when cap is tight.
sweet! thanks!! sounds like a simple gasket and she will be fine for now....

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i have to recieve a PM, in order to respond. i figured you were OK, as you had sent me many PM's. you have a full refund in the mail, and just sell the bypass cover.

davidf5252

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i have to recieve a PM, in order to respond. i figured you were OK, as you had sent me many PM's. you have a full refund in the mail, and just sell the bypass cover.
Well i dont know what the problem was. today i sent you my 3rd and final pm about the issue.

I do not want a refund just an acknowledgment of what happened and maybe some advice on how to rectify the situation.

If you send the refund any way I will guess it will cost me more money as I WILL send you your part back and the cost of machining the part. I think it will be cheaper for ME if you don't send me a refund so i dont have to spend money shipping it back.

I know you said keep it but im an honest man and wouldn't feel comfortable about doing so.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

have it your way, i am not there so i don't know what happened. i have acknowledge what happen by offering you a refund. sorry that it did not work out is all i can say.

enough airing dirty laundry in the open forum.

davidf5252

Petty Officer 2nd Class

OK, sounds good to me. Any one want a bypass cover for a 35 horse johnson that is machined for a fuel pump conversion? $35 shipped. that is what i have in it...

davidf5252

Petty Officer 2nd Class

After the communication error with TashasDaddy he made it all up to me!! stand up guy once you get a hold of him :)

all is well...ill let you guys know how the boat does this weekend and what conversion i end up doing...

thanks