what happened last night

mrfixitman40

Petty Officer 1st Class
I must have missed something . I don't see any new rules in the guidelines . They look the same to me . I am just trying to figure out why its so quiet here today . :confused:

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: what happened last night

Same rules/different refs

Same concert hall/different band
I reckon

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

same rules/same refs. we the mods admit we had gotten lax on the moderation of this forum. it had gotten out of hand, with controversy. i had totally quit coming here, as i didn't care to participate. we inorder for us to be able to keep dockside chat, which was on the chopping block. we decide to clean it up.. this was not entered into lightly, and we may lose some members, who don't like the rules, but we will just have to miss them. it's the price we are willing to pay inorder to keep dockside alive.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Sure, i feel a bit of guilt this morning. But I'm not goin ANYWHERE until you ban me... I still love you man :)

mrfixitman40

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanx td i was just a little baffled when i couldn't see anything new in the rules .i enjoy reading the others thoughts but also know there are not only adults that enjoy boating . I started boating to spend time with the family and joined here to make it safer and hopefully learn from others mistakes and misfortunes. I know i will do stupid things and i will share them as much as i can . I for one would like to thank IBoats for such a good forum which has alot of Knowledge that new boaters and even seasoned boaters can learn from and also be reminded of .

QC

Supreme Mariner

OK, help me out here. I TOTALLY agree with increase Mod attention. However . . . JB did in fact post new rules. If they are not accurate, then please clarify. THAT is my only issue. Yeah, tashasdaddy is awright, but he thinks Huskies rule. They may actually deserve some respect, admiration, love etc. But he is obviously messed up . . . clearly Labs rule!!!!!!!!! And that right there, Ladies and Gentlemen, is Social Controversy :eek: :D

ANIMAL

Petty Officer 1st Class

You guys are all wrong. Pit bulls are the best as long as they are not inbred. Thats what makes them crazy. If you got a pit by your side ain't nobody gonna mess with you. Even if its just a big old puppy....ANIMAL :D

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

"Posts on controversial topics such as politics, social controversy and religion have proven to be inflammatory and will no longer be allowed."

Mrfixitman, everything is controversial or offensive to someone, so you can't say much, and current events are off the table.

Now we have all broken the rule about discussing the forum as a topic so this thread will likely be closed.

ANIMAL

Petty Officer 1st Class

I didn't, I promised to be a good ANIMAL and Whitehouse is keeping an eye on me :D so I'm doing my best. Good morning there OMR, I'll bet you're here in the back ground,,,LOL...ANIMAL :D

OldMercsRule

Captain

"Posts on controversial topics such as politics, social controversy and religion have proven to be inflammatory and will no longer be allowed."

Mrfixitman, everything is controversial or offensive to someone, so you can't say much, and current events are off the table.

Now we have all broken the rule about discussing the forum as a topic so this thread will likely be closed.

What Roscoe said. Posts two days back are a no no now too. I'm real sorry I did this to you guys I would have left quietly if they would have asked me, (I never got a PM). Hmmmmmmm very sorry to cause this. JR :)

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

No more posts on politics!! Thats great news! As i said before i like boating and this should be a forum about boating. Thats great, as long as the moderators moderate. I love boating and i love checking iboats every day and it will be great not to have to go through as much garbage every day to get to what is boating related. That is a great desision in my opinion but i believe that it has to be moderated with consistency. Awsome job MOD's i love this forum now.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

If you have questions, comments, suggestions or complaints about the management or moderation of the forum direct them to iboats management. Do not open discussion on the forum.

Bigprairie1

Commander

What Roscoe said. Posts two days back are a no no now too. I'm real sorry I did this to you guys I would have left quietly if they would have asked me, (I never got a PM). Hmmmmmmm very sorry to cause this. JR :)

Well murky...despite your quote sources being occasionally dubious (in my opinion)...I found it interesting to read your opinions. Don't kick yourself in the pants...."freedom of speech".... and you simply took the slack you (and all of us) were given.
Now, with all of those occassionally combative discussions, for me up here on the Canadian side of North American things...I've picked up some good info and insight into my southern neighbour. Its not always completely in line with my thinking...but as the saying goes..."better results have, more often, come from those who disagree than from those who do".
I'm going to continue to stick around and wade in to the forum. I'm pretty sure reasonable discussion will prevail if we all limit the pointed rhetoric....and you bet I include myself in that (having been zapped more than once).

LadyFish

Admiral

Yep, we gave an inch and a mile was taken. We're back on track now and its a good thing, you'll see. Even I may post more. ;)

There are sooooooooooo many sites dedicated to discussing religion and politics out there, this one is dedicated to boating and family and we intend to keep it that way.

Thanks for all your support.

mrfixitman40

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sorry about causing controversy I guess i will just sit and read until i find a forum that i can talk without doing so .
John

ANIMAL

Petty Officer 1st Class

Don't beat your self up there OMR, It was a little bit of everyone, me included, that made this happen. I just can't belive it was because of one person. I know I was gulty as charged...ANIMAL ;) P.S. I have noticed the number of people loging on has incressed.

57whitehouse

Chief Petty Officer

I didn't, I promised to be a good ANIMAL and Whitehouse is keeping an eye on me :D so I'm doing my best. Good morning there OMR, I'll bet you're here in the back ground,,,LOL...ANIMAL :D

Good boy, Animal;)

oddjob

Commander

Don't beat your self up there OMR, It was a little bit of everyone, me included, that made this happen. I just can't belive it was because of one person. I know I was gulty as charged...ANIMAL ;) P.S. I have noticed the number of people loging on has incressed.

I've been a perfect angel...that said I'm glad that the crack-down is working...I'm getting alot of work done today instead of reading all Murky's posts...I like him almost as much as Americas Anchor man! Yeah! :O

OldMercsRule

Captain

Don't beat your self up there OMR, It was a little bit of everyone, me included, that made this happen. I just can't belive it was because of one person.

I know that. I just prefer as much freedom to engage in things I, (and maybe only I and a very few others that are now prolly leaving), cornsider intellectually stimulating, (there are many Many choices on this forum other then DC). That said: I'm a free loader here, and the owner of iboats must have felt the hurt feelings of those who could not resist reading "controversial posts" required padding the only intellectually stimulating room here on iboats. Many seem to prefer a padded room so no one can get hurt feelings, and those who like padded rooms could have stayed in other places on this forum as it existed two days ago. Padded rooms now rule, and some think that's a great deal. So be it.

I know I was gulty as charged...ANIMAL ;) P.S. I have noticed the number of people loging on has incressed.

Of course: there has just been a big change here! I'm still lurking n' loggin' on n' off too, to see replies of many people I have talked to this past year! I just find butterflies n' lil' kittens boring. I will miss engaging (as polite as I could be with a corntroversial stimulating exchange) with all of the rest of you. I don't cornsider talkin' about a butterfly worth spendin' much of me time: that's all. Real simple. I still like the place ta learn more about black boat anchors that brought me to this great experience in the first place, and I will miss the way it was before the change. Respectfully (hope Spinner doesn't spank me too hard fer this post), JR