you ever notice?

bandit86

Banned
east, west, north and south are not where they used to be? They still are where they were on the map, but if you look east, the sun doesnt rise there, if you look west, the sun doesnt set there anymore.

15 years ago whenI moved here, it did. I remember looking down some steets at different times of the day to see sunrise and sunset, now it's not there anymore. it's off by about 30 -35 degrees.

the sun rises in the southeast, and sets in the northwest.

Modified

Seaman Apprentice
Re: you ever notice?

Dang, you caught on to me!! I kicked the gyroscope over!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Google Magnetic North Pole and read and you will see it is moving. Lester's buddies probably have been nudging it when we are not looking..... :p

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

You're now one step closer to the reason for the so called erratic weather behaviour planet earth is experiencing. ;)

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Heck move to Alaska and it's not setting at all!

gonefishie

Commander

the earth doesn't rotate on it's axis in a perfect circle like you would imagine. It wobble, you can't feel it because the rotation is so slow but speed up then you can really see it. Because of this, the earth get either farther or closer to the sun. We're probably in the closer period which might contributed to the milder winter and drier spring/summer. Global warming my buttock.

rwise

Captain

acording to scientists we are 60,000 years overdue (damn) for a pole shift, some say N CA is going to be the new north pole. I agree the place where the sun and moon rise and set has changed through the years. Dont remember exactly how it was writen but Nostrodomis (sp) has a global event for 12/23/2012 also the Inca calander (the most acurate calander ever) simply ends on 12/23/2012. One thing is certain things are changing! Oh and I'll be 58 that day :rolleyes:

gonefishie

Commander

Dont remember exactly how it was writen but Nostrodomis (sp) has a global event for 12/23/2012 also the Inca calander (the most acurate calander ever) simply ends on 12/23/2012. :

OH NO! that's only 5 years away, I'd better party it up, lives recklessly. Wait......:rolleyes:! I kinda already did that in college. Seriously, how many of you guys really believe in a doomsday scenario? Weren't there some predictions about 1997, 1999, and 2000? I believes one day in the far far future the earth would become useless because we have exhausted all the resources and stunk up the place. By then, we would have found a way to relocate to another planet ourselve or Spinner's lil buds woulda show us how to.

valkyr

Chief Petty Officer

acording to scientists we are 60,000 years overdue (damn) for a pole shift, some say N CA is going to be the new north pole. I agree the place where the sun and moon rise and set has changed through the years. Dont remember exactly how it was writen but Nostrodomis (sp) has a global event for 12/23/2012 also the Inca calander (the most acurate calander ever) simply ends on 12/23/2012. One thing is certain things are changing! Oh and I'll be 58 that day :rolleyes:

Its the Mayan calendar isn't it? Anyway, the Mayans recorded several significant events at the end of their calendar periods. The last calendar they created ends in Dec 2012, so perhaps some significant event will occur there. It'll be interesting none the less.

Nova II 260

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Ever since G. Bush got a GPS made in China (by illegal aliens), things have just not been right. It has to be his fault. Some one contact Al Gore and make sure...
icon10.gif

rwise

Captain

OH NO! that's only 5 years away, I'd better party it up, lives recklessly. Wait......:rolleyes:! I kinda already did that in college. Seriously, how many of you guys really believe in a doomsday scenario? Weren't there some predictions about 1997, 1999, and 2000? I believes one day in the far far future the earth would become useless because we have exhausted all the resources and stunk up the place. By then, we would have found a way to relocate to another planet ourselve or Spinner's lil buds woulda show us how to.

LOL didn't say I beleaved it :D another is that we will be taken over by spinners buddies :rolleyes:

rwise

Captain

Its the Mayan calendar isn't it? Anyway, the Mayans recorded several significant events at the end of their calendar periods. The last calendar they created ends in Dec 2012, so perhaps some significant event will occur there. It'll be interesting none the less.
could be between dislexia and old timers:D

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Oh Great,,,that is what we need. Instead of Global Warming, we now have Global Wobble occuring.........

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Oh Great,,,that is what we need. Instead of Global Warming, we now have Global Wobble occuring.........
Must've been one heck of a global night. Must've went out global partying which made it global wobble? :D
Earf shoulda stayed in the global bed :)

bandit86

Banned

just have a look at your compass next time you see the sun set or rise

bekosh

Lieutenant

Have you always lived in Ontario? Or did you live further south at one time?

beerfilter

Petty Officer 1st Class

The shift of the MAGNETIC poles has nothing to do with our rotational axis.
It will cause global enviromental catastrophe,merely by disrupting migration patterns of millions of species,and,humans with compasses.:D
Santa won't be moving to Cali anytime soon.:(

A shift in our rotational axis(true North..),of any significant amount,WOULD spell the end of most life on earth,due to the almost unimaginable climatic changes.
The good news is we wouldn't hear anything more from Al Gore,and his merry band of psuedo enviromentalists.:cool:

However,we are fortunate enough to have the Moon orbiting our little world,which has kept our rotational axis relatively stable for billions of years.
Don't go planning any big real estate purchases,unless you just love the Northern lights...;)