What does everyone do for a living?

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander
Re: What does everyone do for a living?

Part time Gynaecolgist :D

eeboater

Commander

I own a computer consulting business (kcssi.com) and I also now own a mortgage bank (gocmg.net). Needless to say, 2007 has been a busy year.

I used to be an iboats addict... now I get on here every so often.

So... hi all!

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Dang, EE, I thought you were just a fresh-faced kid barely out of college!

ezbtr

Commander

Hey now define young and whippersnapper? :) Heck I'm just gettin rollin again :)

hoeser

Petty Officer 1st Class

Go Tilbury !!!!!!!
Just down the road from you in Belle River. Where do you boat ??? We are at Deerbrook and hit Mitchells Bay quite often.

I'm at the lighthouse cove! I have a white SeaRay 19 footer (not a bowrider) with purple flames along the side, it's pretty unique. You have have seen it out there. I go to the grassy often.

hoeser

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sr. Oracle Database admin here. Love it most of the time, though it can get dull.

Advanced IBM Unix - Pffffft. There's gotta be a joke in there somewhere :D

AIX is the number one UNIX, comon. I'll put my P5's against any other platform any day of the week.

valkyr

Chief Petty Officer

AIX is the number one UNIX, comon. I'll put my P5's against any other platform any day of the week.

IBM and Advanced in the same sentence. Thats like calling Informix cutting edge ;)

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Looks like "Big Blue" is takin' some heat......:eek:

hoeser

Petty Officer 1st Class

IBM and Advanced in the same sentence. Thats like calling Informix cutting edge ;)

You give me a case of the angries :(.

AIX on Power6 = UNIX performance leaders, hands down. Check for yourself. If you can however offer an alternative that scales as far as power architecture, and is as reliable I am open to suggestions.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

You are East Fishkillin' me here!........;):D

valkyr

Chief Petty Officer

You give me a case of the angries :(.

AIX on Power6 = UNIX performance leaders, hands down. Check for yourself. If you can however offer an alternative that scales as far as power architecture, and is as reliable I am open to suggestions.

Now, I didn't say AIX was a bad product. Not at all, its a great product. When you think of IBM however, (as a former employee) you don't really think "Advanced". :D

Besides, I'm just jerking your chain anyway...Its humor :cool:

Here's some (in)famous quotes from IBM execs through the years:

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
--Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943

"But what ... is it good for?"
--Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, 1968, commenting on the microchip

$100 million dollars is way too much to pay for Microsoft."
--IBM, 1982

(Granted, these may be fictitious but they're circulated as fact and very funny) :D

steve201

Petty Officer 1st Class

WARNING...Geek alert!!

valkyr

Chief Petty Officer

WARNING...Geek alert!!

We're the next generation Geeks pal! Football, Basketball, skiing, boating, hiking, camping, yet build a server, install a database, throw up an appserver all before lunch! ;)

billygull

Cadet

I used to be in the navy for about 4 years. I was stationed in Japan for a year and then lived in Australia for a couple of years. My family has had a tradition of serving the navy since way back. Just look at my name: Billy Gull. We were made to sail the sea:)

After I served my four years in the navy, I moved to California and worked as a dock handler there for a couple of years. I moved from there to Louisville, Kentucky, where I settled down and had a family. I wanted to raise my family where I was raised and where I had a lot of family. I began driving a truck (pretty ironic turn for a seaman), but I get out to the lake every chance I get.

Hey, by the way - not to change the topic here, because it's a good one - but can anyone recommend to me a good insurance company? I just bought a new boat and I'm so paranoid something is going to happen to it, but I've always been pretty choosy about this sort of stuff. The company I'm looking at looks pretty good - they're called United Marine Underwriters. Can anybody tell me about them? Here's a li

Thanks yall!

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperNova

Lieutenant

I am a professional taste tester for the Balvenie Scotch Co. and I take my job seriously. It doesn't pay well, but the benefits......oh, yeah.:D
--
Stan

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I forgot the most important job of all... I'm Aspecks personal fishing guide whenever he's in town... lol :p :D....

GHMJR

Cadet

televise underground pipeline 15 years