Watching my boat on Ebay!

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral
Ok guys, I have 57 people watching my boat for sale on Ebay. Just wondering how many are forum members and how many are potential buyers.
I know a lot of you guys know about it.
Its getting down to the last couple days...:D

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: Watching my boat on Ebay!

I am checking on it, but I am not "watching" . . . Bidder 5 and 6 were not bashful. Kewl!!! Great looking add Gary! Presents real well and you got almost 2 days left. How about a closest to the winning bid contest? Cut it off tomorrow morning or something. I am going with $6750.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

If i got 6750 or even close i would probably fall over dead!:D

I really don't expect it to go much over 4500,but i can hope! I really can use the extra cash right now.
I just hope the winning bidder actually pays for it..;)

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

PayPal or Cash in hand, my friend! None of those Cashiers Check scams. :eek:

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Thanks Willy, I have been reading that even a certified bank check can be bad.I am going to stress Paypal to the buyer. I wish my ad did not say certified check...

2broke4this

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I've been keeping an eye on it, but I'm not officially "watching" it... looks like you'll be getting at least a decent chunk of your money back! Congrats! Only a day and a half to wait!

-Carl

2broke4this

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Most of the bids come in at the last minute! It's amazing how quickly the bid can climb in the last ten minutes of an auction... We're all keeping our fingers crossed for you!

-Carl

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Thanks Carl. I sold a rochester carb that ended yesterday. It went from 79.95 to 136.00 in the last 3 minutes..
I hope the boat does the same. I have 63 people watching it now..
I will have enough to pay off some bills and new seats for the back of my ChrisCraft...I hope anyway..;)

nathan104

Seaman

If the buyer wants to pay via certified check since it is in your ad, you can always agree to do the exchange of money and title at a local bank. Have them cash the check and give you the cash.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

If you get a cashiers check, just call the bank and verify the check...not a problem.

kmk_7110

Petty Officer 1st Class

Post a link to the auction please. I would like to see this boat.Thanks

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i'm say 4751.25. the ebay number is 250120383194

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

In verifying a Cashier's Check, have your bank call the bank. Don't rely on computer verification alone. If they try to give you a check for more than your amount and have you give them the difference, IT IS A SCAM! I'm afraid that by stating that you will accept a cashiers check, you're wide open to scammers and I'll guarantee that at least one bidder is goinig to be one. If the boat goes ridiculously high, BEWARE! If the winning bidder's feedback is a low number, BEWARE! Any negative feedback should be carefully scrutanized. Do not respond to any e-mails via your e-mail account. Always go through your Messages in eBay instead. Any apparent eBay e-mail in your bulk folder is 99% likely to be a scam. Look into eBay's scam warnings.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

I already had one email from someone that said they had seen my boat in another ad,they posted the link.When i clicked on the link my security software said it was a fraudulant web page.
I sent Ebay customer service the link and the users ID...Its a shame so many scammers out there..

JasonB

Lieutenant

KMK, do a search on e-bay for "starcraft boat" and you will find it pretty quickly as he used the pic in his avatar. Forum rules may prevent links.