Edwards: Move Past 'War on Terror'

OldMercsRule

Captain
Four of the Democrat presidential contenders do not think even think there is a war on terror. Biden, Kucinich, Gravel, and Edwards, (who is one of the 'big three Dems'). Hillary and Obama don't deny the existence of the war they just want us to surrender to our enemies prior to them taking office. Over 30% of the Democrat voters think President Bush knew about the 9/11 attack prior to 9/11, (as he is the big threat to world peace: not Islamo facism). Fifty dollar question: can we suffer two defeats at the hands of Democrats and media within 40 years and survive as a Super Power or even a Great Power? Why would any ally stand with us in the world today? Will our civilization survive this well calibrated enemy? They have a winning formula to exploit or weakness: recrute suicide bombers to randomly blow up soldiers or Muslims in Iraq or anywhere in the world and our domestic media and the Democrats will give them victory over US. The Germans and Japanese were a very big threat in the 1930s. Do you really think we would have survived that period with the current MSM and the modern Democrats, (the voters and the politicians)? I do not. Can America win any war with our enemies within? I think not. Iran is a far bigger problem then Iraq, who are we kidding with our war ships? Not Iran. They know we are a paper tiger with a 30 second attention span. The Democrat voters do not even hold their now anti-war turncoat politicians accountable for voting for the Iraq war: (Biden and Edwards). A very troubling period for the world.

Article: http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8PA5VM80&show_article=1

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Edwards: Move Past 'War on Terror'

Well, Edwards has lost what little credibility he had with me.

In addition to the above, I hear (second hand because I won't go there) that on his web site he is calling for anti-war protests to disrupt Memorial Day ceremonies.

That makes me too angry to say what I feel about it.

Last edited:

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Deadwards said:
"By framing this as a war, we have walked right into the trap the terrorists have set—that we are engaged in some kind of clash of civilizations and a war on Islam."
He is a sick, sick man. Today (wed here in the states), an American soldier's body was pulled from the Euphrates sewer trench, having multiple gunshot wounds.
I can't get past that to kiss a single mutant pig --
no matter how many Americans turn traitor. I will be here until I die in strong opposition to Murtha's minions.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

The democrats dont really want to pull out of Iraq, they just want their voters to think that.

Any fool can see that pulling out of Iraq would be a disaster for the mid east.

Then old Haut would really get mad about his gas prices.

Ken

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

HMMMM.........
Now let's see if I have this straight.....
It's OK for BIG OIL to profiteer, but not OK For the "Breck Girl?......:rolleyes:

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

The democrats dont really want to pull out of Iraq, they just want their voters to think that.

Any fool can see that pulling out of Iraq would be a disaster for the mid east.

Then old Haut would really get mad about his gas prices.

Ken
Maybee that's by design.
They won't let us drill for oil ANYWHERE.
Their church preaches global warming -- and it's your SUV's fault.
They see all animals, vegitation, or virus as being more important than human life.
They trumpet a return to the dark ages (maybe that's why they like medival fairs so much).
They are marching in lock-step to prevent anyone from making any profits from any buisness, that is not comfiscated by the state.
They are marching in the streets oppposing this war, but the morons they voted for can no longer be controled by them.
http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2007/05/bush_authorizes.html
Their media propaganda outlets are aligned behind the enemy,
Their journalists are inbedded within the CIA, leaking CRITICAL intel.
Their operatives within the US Senate are working feverishly to dash any hopes that "the surge" will return any meaningful progress... And they are succeeding.http://newsbusters.org/node/12947

Coors

Captain

Edwards says he is for the little guy. Let us see, He made $60 million in 5 years of the backs of his clients. He took too much of the money he got for them. And most of it was ambulance-chasing cases, where he could get a jury full of stupid people. and we can guess for which party the jury usually voted for.
I can see Haut and Tree typing now..

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Four of the Democrat presidential contenders do not think even think there is a war on terror. Biden, Kucinich, Gravel, and Edwards, (who is one of the 'big three Dems'). Hillary and Obama don't deny the existence of the war they just want us to surrender to our enemies prior to them taking office. Over 30% of the Democrat voters think President Bush knew about the 9/11 attack prior to 9/11, (as he is the big threat to world peace: not Islamo facism). Fifty dollar question: can we suffer two defeats at the hands of Democrats and media within 40 years and survive as a Super Power or even a Great Power? Why would any ally stand with us in the world today? Will our civilization survive this well calibrated enemy? They have a winning formula to exploit or weakness: recrute suicide bombers to randomly blow up soldiers or Muslims in Iraq or anywhere in the world and our domestic media and the Democrats will give them victory over US. The Germans and Japanese were a very big threat in the 1930s. Do you really think we would have survived that period with the current MSM and the modern Democrats, (the voters and the politicians)? I do not. Can America win any war with our enemies within? I think not. Iran is a far bigger problem then Iraq, who are we kidding with our war ships? Not Iran. They know we are a paper tiger with a 30 second attention span. The Democrat voters do not even hold their now anti-war turncoat politicians accountable for voting for the Iraq war: (Biden and Edwards). A very troubling period for the world.

Article: http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8PA5VM80&show_article=1

Yes, I would agree. It is very troubling when an administration is defeated by an individual.

"Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him(OBL). And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him(OBL)." GWB

OBL has killed more Americans than the entire country of Iraq and you did not mind redeploying our efforts from finding him. In fact, you are on record in support of the redeployment. I think he was back in the news recently....was he not? History teaches us well.

While terrorist are plotting new attacks on the US, W is busy trying to keep Iraqis from killing each other.

OldMercsRule

Captain

Yes, I would agree. It is very troubling when an administration is defeated by an individual.

Hmmmmmmm, The left is very good at comming up with illogical and or false slogans and creating urban legends out of 'em n' repeating them to their mindless minions, who have learned a lot about homosexuality and victimhood over the last thirty or so years but nothing about history, logic, critical thinkin' or anything else important. The minions don't ever think about the logic of the George Soros' and other elite Liberal myths, but they have learned ABSOLUTE intolerance for anyone who questions their illogical religion. #1 Iraq: mistake, not part of a larger global war against Islamo facism regardless of what OBL or any other Islamo radical clearly and openly state, (that defeating the US in Iraq is their mission). #2 Afganistan: an important place, (in the minds of defeat luvin' Liberals), that we should throw all our resources at and totally ignor Iraq. #3 The chase for OBL; the needle in the hay stack, (the mindless minions never stop to think if OBL were gone tomorrow [or on 9/12/2001]), catching or killing OBL would mean little as this world wide Islamo facist movement has many, many motivated players.

"Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him(OBL). And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him(OBL)." GWB

OBL has killed more Americans than the entire country of Iraq and you did not mind redeploying our efforts from finding him. In fact, you are on record in support of the redeployment. I think he was back in the news recently....was he not? History teaches us well.

I am not on record as supporting any Liberal plan to defeat our Country. Please find a quote from me to prove your point, or stop reading my mind and stick to reading my words. If we catch OBL while we are killing Islamo facists: so be it. I would not spend much in the way of dedicated resources to root him out. I have taken in enough information from all sides to know with a high degree of confidence that Western civilization faces a threat from a large percentage of 1.2 Billion people that wish us ill if we do not convert to: "SUBMISSION". The Left wants us to loose, as they seem to hate George Bush and are confident they can blame the loss on him, with the help of their MSM buddies. It is not logical to pick an objective that is extremely difficult for us to execute, (like finding OBL in a difficult place inside an unstable nuclear armed ally: [Pakistan], where he is sheltered by a large part of the local population). The left is working with our enemies so they support unatainable goals, (or goals that are very difficult), to demoralize the American people, (which they have done a very effective job). George Soros and John Edwards are smart enough to know the way to defeat a Super Power, is create a situation where the enemy can win propaganda wars that the MSM can amplify over and over. Get OBL!!! Why have you not caught OBL, haven't you heard the repeated questions since 9/11??? Why is that necessary? The only real benifit would be to deny the Democrats and Libs their propaganda.

While terrorist are plotting new attacks on the US, W is busy trying to keep Iraqis from killing each other.

Yah, and in your upside down world we should leave Iraq and chase OBL with all our resources so we could start a war with Pakistan.

Just remember what Mr Edwards wants you to do to dishonor our most precious assets this Memorial day. I trust you have a Memorial day ceremony that you can protest with the rest of the Democrats who are rooting for our collestive defeat. JR

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

OMR, you said,

"Yah, and in your upside down world we should leave Iraq and chase OBL with all our resources so we could start a war with Pakistan."

Please, stick to readin my words and not my mind OMR. I did not say we should leave Iraq nor did I say we should go to war with Pakistan. From the very first post I have read of yours, you do exactly what you accuse others of doing. I guess you believe you stand on a morally higher ground. I did say we should chase OBL though.

At what point did you decide killing OBL was not priority #1? Was it on 9/11, 9/12......? Have you always felt he should be ignored or did you stop thinking his death was a good thing when you realized W was failing in the mission to bring him to justice? Do you have the warm fuzzies for him and wish to let past mistakes be just that, the past?

OMR, you said,

"I am not on record as supporting any Liberal plan to defeat our Country. Please find a quote from me to prove your point, or stop reading my mind and stick to reading my words."

You are correct, it was not a "liberal plan" to ignore and stop looking for OBL. It was a repub plan. As far as a quote, you said it in this post. Here are two of your quotes for ya;

"I would not spend much in the way of dedicated resources to root him out."

"Why is that necessary? The only real benifit would be to deny the Democrats and Libs their propaganda."

OMR, you said,

"It is not logical to pick an objective that is extremely difficult for us to execute"

Sounds like what a democrat would say to a republican regarding Iraq. You compare finding OBL to finding a needle in a haystack, yet believe you can stabilize Iraq and force the Sunnis and Shiites to have a great big group hug and get along. HAH.

BTW, did Edwards really say that America should disrupt memorial day services for veterans.....or was this nothing more than the proper bandwagon for you to jump on?

OldMercsRule

Captain

OMR, you said,

"Yah, and in your upside down world we should leave Iraq and chase OBL with all our resources so we could start a war with Pakistan."

Please, stick to readin my words and not my mind OMR. I did not say we should leave Iraq nor did I say we should go to war with Pakistan. From the very first post I have read of yours, you do exactly what you accuse others of doing. I guess you believe you stand on a morally higher ground. I did say we should chase OBL though.

Point taken: You did not state: "go to war with Pakistan". I employ critical thinkin' CJY. If ya put the entire US military to the task of getting OBL, (and he likely resides in Pakistan) where we have a precarious alliance with an imbattled leader, (due to his alliance with America the "Great Satan"), the likely result is a real big problem (possible war) with Pakistan after a violent overthrough of the existing leadership. Sorry for the mind read, but not sorry for the logical cornclusions I draw from yer silly statement.

At what point did you decide killing OBL was not priority #1? Was it on 9/11, 9/12......?

9/11 or soon therafter. The Left is into pushing silly irrational goals and slogans. I am not a military expert just an informed observer. I would always be pragmatic and emphasize the relative advantages of a Super Power, ('cause I'm a patriotic pro America citizen). By emphasizing searching for a needle in a haystack, (where the haystack is full of a hostile population and very difficult terrain), you are proposing that we give all advantage to our enemy. Now as to yer motives: that is not clear to me why you want the enemy to have an advantage. It is not clear to me why Democrats n' Liberals want this either. Is Liberalism a mental illness?? Don't know: but it does not make any sense to me if ya luv our Country.

Have you always felt he should be ignored or did you stop thinking his death was a good thing when you realized W was failing in the mission to bring him to justice?

Please reread what I said above. Hope it make some sense to ya, but who knows????

Do you have the warm fuzzies for him and wish to let past mistakes be just that, the past?

I want to win. I would want to win if GOD FORBID Algore was President or John F Kerry. I know the difference between political differences, (as we have here on iboats from time to time), and a mortal enemy. Do you get it: CJY???

OMR, you said,

"I am not on record as supporting any Liberal plan to defeat our Country. Please find a quote from me to prove your point, or stop reading my mind and stick to reading my words."

You are correct, it was not a "liberal plan" to ignore and stop looking for OBL. It was a repub plan. As far as a quote, you said it in this post. Here are two of your quotes for ya;

"I would not spend much in the way of dedicated resources to root him out."

"Why is that necessary? The only real benifit would be to deny the Democrats and Libs their propaganda."

OMR, you said,

"It is not logical to pick an objective that is extremely difficult for us to execute"

Sounds like what a democrat would say to a republican regarding Iraq.

I guess ya need to go back and look at who voted in 2002 to go into Iraq there CJY. There was a majority of Democrats as well as Republicans. Do ya have memory problems CJY??

You compare finding OBL to finding a needle in a haystack, yet believe you can stabilize Iraq and force the Sunnis and Shiites to have a great big group hug and get along. HAH.

Please show me where I said that. I hope a modern constitutional democratic republic works as it does in Turkey. If not, we may have to back a strong man, (but he will be our strong man). Kinda like the Shaw of Iran was our guy before the worst President in the History of the United States cut him off at the knees and started the war we are now prosecuting: CJY!!!

BTW, did Edwards really say that America should disrupt memorial day services for veterans.....or was this nothing more than the proper bandwagon for you to jump on?

Why yes: he stated that last week. Should make ya proud.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/..._says_celebrate_memorial_day_the_anti_war_way

Sorry the linc will not work. Google John Edwards Memorial day. The MSM does not report unflatering quotes by Democrat candidates, only the Republicans get coverage of unpopular statements. Ya know the drill don't ya CJY?????

Ya got a real fine specimen of the Democratic party ta support: CJY. Super smooth talkin' stinkin' rich ambulance chasin' trial lawyer with very nice hair, who wants to politically profit from our defeat real bad!!!! Go get 'em sport!! JR

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Gore is still the dark horse......
I wonder when he will announce his bid........:)

OldMercsRule

Captain

Looks a little chubby to me. Ya think the ol' beach ball Al will? He is not as scary as John Edwards, but he is clearly off his rocker. Let 'em run. I want Hillary to win the nod so we can beat her like a drum. She is the easiest to beat, Obama and Edwards are much better, (smoothness, looks, charisma, et al), n' ol' Al would be tougher to beat as well, IMHO. JR

bekosh

Lieutenant

Hopefully, never.
I realize that the "Hot Air Balloon(tm)" is much beloved by the lunatic fringe of the American left, but he got way to close to the White House twice already. I would prefer to not take the chance a third time.:eek:
C'mon Dems, surely there is a rational person in the party that you could nominate. Isn't there?:confused:

OldMercsRule

Captain

Hopefully, never.
I realize that the "Hot Air Balloon(tm)" is much beloved by the lunatic fringe of the American left, but he got way to close to the White House twice already. I would prefer to not take the chance a third time.:eek:
C'mon Dems, surely there is a rational person in the party that you could nominate. Isn't there?:confused:

The answer is: NO. Even Richardson wants defeat. Richardson is actually rational, but he is a very long shot, and he must have made the political calculation that he would loose if he did not go on the record as a supporter of our collective defeat. (He was the only major one with a very good resume that could have been worthwhile). The problem is: the Democrat voters themselves. They are soooooooo well informed they think George Bush had prior knowledge of 9/11. Could a rational Democrat candidate win, if they told the truth? The likely answer: local races only, as Joe Lieberman proved. It looks like trouble: Bekosh, as one of the loons just might win. If they do, we are in for some real trouble. Respectfully: JRps: I hate to admit this but Hillary and Obama are actually "rational", they just want lots of things I don't want.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

HMMMMM....
Gore/Edwards in '08.......:)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Well, of the announced Democrat candidates there isn't one that I would prefer over Gore, but I don't see an announced Republican that I wouldn't.

OldMercsRule

Captain

Well, of the announced Democrat candidates there isn't one that I would prefer over Gore, but I don't see an announced Republican that I wouldn't.

Come on now JB. Bill Richardson is a much more qualified and rational then Algore!!! I agree with the rest of what you said though. Gravel and Kusinich are marginal anti American loons without much of a chance. Biden n' Dodd are very hard left, n' Dodd is almost as bad as Kusinich, (he luvs Castro n' most anti-American Marxist Dictaters around the world). The 'big three' are terrible n' many ways but Algore is mentally unstable and would be a very dangerious President. IM not so HO. Respectfully, JR