How to leave negative feedback on ebay

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Guys, I want to leave negative feedback for someone on ebay. I fear repercussion cause the person is an idiot.

I thought I remember someone stating you should wait 89 days after the auction ended and then leave the feedback, because after 90 days neither side can leave feedback.

Any help?

Ken

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: How to leave negative feedback on ebay

That is true.

You can not lie in the feedback. No personal info.

The other guy can (if he has reason) leave it for you too. If the neg feedback is strictly a retalitory feedback you can apply to have it removed. It's a PITA so just try it on day 89 and pray he does not check daily.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I hate the eBay feedback system. You basically can't leave someone negative feedback cuz they always retaliate. And they lie. I had a guy not send me the item I bought. Cut and dry. He took my money, never sent item. When I left negative feedback he flamed me back. Complete bull*****.

Terry Olson

Chief Petty Officer

Same deal here - and that's the only negative feedback I've received.

i386

Captain

Yea it irks me too when I hear about it. When I buy something on eBay, I pay for it immediately. As far as I'm concerned I have fulfilled my obligation to the seller. He has no reason to give me negative feedback. So far I've never gotten a negative but I know some folks who have.

I got an email from eBay the other day saying they were improving their customer support. I hope everything works out right for you.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Thanks guys. I am tired of dealing with these basket cases. I was promised something within 48 hrs and it has been 3 weeks and still no delivery. Now she claims she sent it off last week, but cant provide tracking number (I forgot to get tracking, duh).

Two years ago I had someone give me negative feedback and it was a lie. This person had two others give her negative claiming she was a psycho.

Ken

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

The best thing to do with a negative feedback is to put a rational response below what they posted.

When I buy something and look at the feedabck, I take into consideration what the fedback said and if something looks fishy about it.

I have 3 negatives. My feedabck is 1162. One was a retaliatory. One was a guy that paid me in full for 5 items and then gave me negative because I hadn't refunded his extra shipping within 6 hours. The last guy was the best...he told me in advance that sometimes mail gets lost going to his house and then leaves me feedback that he never got his item. Turns out, he left negative feedback for 4 others claiming he didn't receive an item...he just wanted to get his item and get his money refunded at the same time.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Thanks guys. I am tired of dealing with these basket cases. I was promised something within 48 hrs and it has been 3 weeks and still no delivery. Now she claims she sent it off last week, but cant provide tracking number (I forgot to get tracking, duh).

I now make all my purchases through PayPal with the credit card as the payment source. Been the Paypal route with getting money refunded in the past but now they charge a $25 fee to get your money back...that sucks!

eldrive

Cadet

You can actually leave feedback AFTER 90 days....if you know how!

jimr

Senior Chief Petty Officer

if the seller has not shipped item within 7 days of auction close unless prior arrangments have been made you can protest it and get a refund.I had a problem one time and the seller kept saying it was shipped when it wasn't. ended up not paying for the item (paypal) I usually pay for an item as soon as I get a total from seller also.

whywhyzed

Banned

I leave this comment under retaliatory feedback:

"Retaliation - I will provide any and all emails upon request"

My other all too common comment:

"Received full refund through Paypal dispute resolution- Thanks Paypal!"

lakelover

Rear Admiral

The best thing to do with a negative feedback is to put a rational response below what they posted.

This is the best way to handle a negative, remain factual & avoid personalities. Also save all emails with the buyer/seller at least until feedback has been left for you. Others who look at your feedback can sum it all up and figure out the type of person they're dealing with by how you respond to whackos. Objectivity can really make an accuser look dumb.

Since 2001, I have one neg given by a crackpot whose package was delayed by the PO in the weeks immediately after 9/11 when everything was screwed up & confused. I had proof of mailing date and tracking number, but he still claimed the item was sent "junk mail" - his term for Parcel Post, which is exactly what he paid for!

With some, there's just no getting around it, eventually you're going to tangle with a nut.

Good luck!