Is there some RULE against badmouthing iboats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbarbot2

Cadet
I am new to these forums; however, in the short time I have spent here I have seen numerous posts by admin types either "asking" or "telling" users not to continue posting about bad iboats experiences, purchases, etc.

Is there some rule against badmouthing iboats? That just doesn't sit right with me. Forums are intended for people to share information wiht one another. Sometimes that information might be about how to avoid a bad experience or might include guidance so that someone can avoid a bad business experience.

I'm not supportive of blatantly offensive or redundant material that is cross-posted, etc., but this HAS NOT been the case with the posts that I have seen criticized or CLOSED due to negative talk about iboats.

Who's in charge? Please enlighten me.

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Re: Is there some RULE against badmouthing iboats?

I am new to these forums; however, in the short time I have spent here I have seen numerous posts by admin types either "asking" or "telling" users not to continue posting about bad iboats experiences, purchases, etc.

Is there some rule against badmouthing iboats? That just doesn't sit right with me. Forums are intended for people to share information wiht one another. Sometimes that information might be about how to avoid a bad experience or might include guidance so that someone can avoid a bad business experience.

I'm not supportive of blatantly offensive or redundant material that is cross-posted, etc., but this HAS NOT been the case with the posts that I have seen criticized or CLOSED due to negative talk about iboats.

Who's in charge? Please enlighten me.

The people who pay for the bandwidth are the owners of the website.The owners do not like you,their guest,to tell everybody how much you dislike them.
This website is owned by and paid for by iboats.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

We do not talk about moderation aspects in the open forums.
If you have a question about the mods and/or admin, please use the contact us button at the bottom of any page.
Thanks and keep posting.

rbarbot2

Cadet

Are you serious? You can't generally answer my question so that the other users of the board (who may have had the same concern) can all be aware of the reasoning behind this? Interesting.

ZmOz

Captain

So if you owned a forum used for the purpose of advertising your business would you allow people to badmouth your business? I agree with some of those posters - I have stopped buying things at iboats due to various customer service problems, but I would certainly delete those posts too.

Although you're right, it is pretty lame the moderators won't answer simple questions without an email. There is no good reason for that, especially in the section titled "website/forum issues".

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

So if you owned a forum used for the purpose of advertising your business would you allow people to badmouth your business? I agree with some of those posters - I have stopped buying things at iboats due to various customer service problems, but I would certainly delete those posts too.

Although you're right, it is pretty lame the moderators won't answer simple questions without an email. There is no good reason for that, especially in the section titled "website/forum issues".

It's called Website/Forum issues for a reason. It's not a iboats complaint forum.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The rule is that if you have a beef with iboats, take it up with iboats.

More specifically: If you have a suggestion, question, concern or complaint with the management or moderation of this board, or with iboats management or policies in retailing, please contact iboats management. Do not use the board as a vehicle.

Drowned Rat

Captain

I think it's because how some choose to complain, not what they're complaining about. I've seen ligitimate complaints be handled on the open forum which is actually good for business. The posts that get poofed are usually the ones attacking someone or the ones that get posted in 15 different forums.

Zim

Petty Officer 2nd Class

May be able to find something here:

http://forums.iboats.com/faq.php

As others have said, a business pays for this site... I dont think they want the negativity or an unhappy customer on the open forum. While there's always going to be problems with a business and customers at some point in time, more will get done about it if you actually talk to the business instead of complaining about a problem to everyone. I find it amazing how helpful a business can be when you take the issue up with them first instead of throwing threats/etc at them for everyone to see. If the issue cant be resolved privately, then I could see coming on here and explaining what happened in a mature manner, not a ranting, raving, namecalling, blabberfest though. ;)

Coors

Captain

This is why admin/moderators need to be in any forum.

JRJ

Commander

Negative people come and go and are never missed. Its the entertainment most of us come for. If it doesn't sit well, then don't sit down.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Are you serious? You can't generally answer my question so that the other users of the board (who may have had the same concern) can all be aware of the reasoning behind this? Interesting.
So, when is your next parole hearing anyway?
Request denied, btw.......:D :p :p :p

ZmOz

Captain

It's called Website/Forum issues for a reason.

Exactly. Anytime somebody has a question about the forum, a moderator says to email them. What is the purpose of that section if nobody will answer any questions?

Pony

Rear Admiral

Exactly. Anytime somebody has a question about the forum, a moderator says to email them. What is the purpose of that section if nobody will answer any questions?

There is a difference between questioning the way the forum is run amd the way the forum software is running. I have yet to see moderators request emails when there is an issue with the forum software.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

Let me try this again..... If you are having a problem with using the forum or navigating the website, post a question in the forum. If you have customer service issues, deal with them by calling iboats or emailing iboats. It's not rocket science.

ZmOz

Captain

Let me try this again..... If you are having a problem with using the forum or navigating the website, post a question in the forum. If you have customer service issues, deal with them by calling iboats or emailing iboats. It's not rocket science.

The poster of this thread wasn't having a customer service issue. He asked a very simple question about the rules...there's no reason a mod can't answer that right here.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

The poster of this thread wasn't having a customer service issue. He asked a very simple question about the rules...there's no reason a mod can't answer that right here.

The poster asked about the forum AND PURCHASES..maybe you need to re-read the post and while your at it JB's answer. Once again, not rocket science, for most.

ob

Admiral

Peppermint...anyone?:D

CN Spots

Lieutenant Commander

"Peppermint...anyone?"

All candy soliciting should be directed to the "Snack Forum".

The distribution/recipt of sweets on this site is done so at the risk of the users. iboats.com is not responsible for tooth decay resulting from such transactions. Thank you.

ZmOz

Captain

The poster asked about the forum AND PURCHASES

Christ...:rolleyes:

No, he didn't. He didn't post any problems with iboats service at all. Nothing. His only question was "Is there some rule against badmouthing iboats?" Maybe you need to re-read the post if you don't understand.

As for JB's response, it's just as easy for any mod to say "yes, there is a rule against that" rather than giving a worthless answer of "ask someone else".

Status
Not open for further replies.