Gunfight at the DC Corral.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
While today's events in VA were horrendous.....
I do not think that firearms have any place in a school or college campus, other than LEO's or college security......IMHO......;)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Gunfight at the DC Corral.....

I think you meant VA.
Yes it was bad and I too do not think they need to be on school grounds.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Well duh! You guys think that people are routinely carrying firearms at school and this one just happened to go nuts with routinely carried firearms in hand.

I daresay that it is already not legal to carry firearms to school. So what do your statements mean. Maybe would should have double penalties for breaking a law that already exists. Kinda like hate crime laws. Won't do a damn thing but it sure sounds like you care.:rolleyes:

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

I saw more than 1 comment here on DC & at work, that if some of the students had been armed, things might have gone differently....
I don't think today's incident supports that position.....;)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea, I do care.
I have 6 grandkids in our County school system and I was instrumental in getting deputys at each school in our system just becaus of stuff like this.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

I saw more than 1 comment here on DC & at work, that if some of the students had been armed, things might have gone differently....
I don't think today's incident supports that position.....;)

So what position does todays mass murdering........er............a................ incident support??

Coors

Captain

Maybe if the campus allowed permitted carry; someone could have stopped it?

Pony

Rear Admiral

Maybe if the campus allowed permitted carry; someone could have stopped it?

Or............it could happen more often. Guns have no business in school except by leos and campus police.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Sorry if I did not spell it out more clearly......:rolleyes:
Pony 'gets' it.....;) :)

Coors

Captain

Or............it could happen more often. Guns have no business in school except by leos and campus police.

So people can't protect theirselves, or others?

treedancer

Commander

I think that I will wait till this hashes out before I make any comments other than this, I believe that I read that the population of this campus was twenty five thousand , that?s a fairly large size city, would like too see the size of the campus security force.:confused:

ZmOz

Captain

May I ask what the hell difference it makes whether guns are "allowed" or not? Since when do murderers follow the rules? Marijuana is not allowed on any school campus...does that stop kids from smoking it?

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

As all stated, it's a terribly sad day in Blacksburg, VA. However, some are permitted to carry guns, they are called campus/city police. Although I know they could not have kept all of today's events from transpiring, they could have used there guns rather than hiding behind trees while the shooter was in the building killing people.

I cannot sit here and say my actions would have been different had I been there in a John Q. Public role. I sure as he77 can tell you one thing though, had I accepted the responsibility of protecting students and became an officer, I would have actively searched this basta&% out and killed him or I would have died trying. I would not have been hiding from him/her.

Ya ya ya, I know, it's not the fault of campus police...agreed. However, if they have not committed themselves to the job they have chosen and are being paid to do, they need to get the he77 out and let someone a bit more serious about protecting the public do it. Just my .02

Coors

Captain

How many times have permitted carriers stopped a carnage? Alot, but the left refuses to acknowledge it. Because they're whole cause is to disarm us, in order to control us. Simple fellow- traveler swill. The leftist news doesn't report it, as they have an agenda. Check the facts, NRA has the details of self-defense. Sorry, Pony, but the truth will prevail.

Last edited:

QC

Supreme Mariner

May I ask what the hell difference it makes whether guns are "allowed" or not? Since when do murderers follow the rules?
You've answered your own question. That's why the good guys need to be able to defend themselves . . . I am not suggesting that every man, woman or child should be packin', but unless CJY is there, I wish someone was. It is ironic that the solution proposed by some is more stringent gun control. That is illogical on every level except complete confiscation.

ZmOz

Captain

It is ironic that the solution proposed by some is more stringent gun control. That is illogical on every level except complete confiscation.

You ought to see the discussion I'm having on another forum. It boggles the mind how stupid these people can be. They *ACTUALLY* think making guns illegal will make them disappear. :rolleyes:

Coors

Captain

Making guns illegal helps the criminals- ask the British.

ZmOz

Captain

Making guns illegal helps the criminals- ask the British.

The guy I'm talking to IS british...and actually thinks their gun control has worked. :rolleyes: The only thing that has worked over there is the brainwashing....

bjcsc

Lieutenant Commander

It will be interesting to see who gets singled out when they start pointing fingers...I carry a lot, several times a week and I hope I never have to deal with something like that, but I still don't think students should be able to carry. Professors or administrators? Maybe...but I still don't know...

There isn't anything that can be done about situations like this. Our freedoms create opportunities and people with nothing to lose will take them...

Status
Not open for further replies.