Boating the Upper Chesapeake

arks

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Boating the Upper Chesapeake

when do you typically start swiming in the water?

I guess it depends on how tolerant you are.
I was wading around Garrett Island in late April during the RiverSweep event. Water temp was in the mid-60's. It was a bit chilly at first but within 5 minutes I was A-OK.

I agree with Dam- it should be fine this weekend- unless you're a total puss! :D

Not sure of my schedule yet but I'll be on the water at least 1 day of the 3.

Damifudo

Petty Officer 1st Class

Great pic Damifudo!

I am going in the water this weekend. It was 70 degrees last week at the head of the North East river.

Head of the North East river. My home waters. We have a cottage right next to riverside beach or Carpenters point. I will be out in the middle bay this weekend. I love heading over to still pond.

skargo

Banned

Head of the North East river. My home waters. We have a cottage right next to riverside beach or Carpenters point. I will be out in the middle bay this weekend. I love heading over to still pond.

We anchor in Cara cove all the time!

Damifudo

Petty Officer 1st Class

Cara cove is my water ski secrete when everything eles is rough its calm in the cove. I will look for you when I am over that way! Our cottage sits directly across from red bank. We anchor alot of times on the Flats.

Billdc

Petty Officer 1st Class

Who's going out next Monday, memorial day? We are.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.....

I'll be down at least one day. Not sure which one(s). I don't think my wife or kids will be in the water long at 70*. They have wetsuits for skiing/tubing, so it could be alot of that happening.

skargo

Banned

Hope to see you and the gang Bill! I'd go out Sunday too, but have a friends shindig to go to.

CaptainHook

Petty Officer 1st Class

The water is warming up nice. I was swimming in cabin john creek this past friday. Just gotta get passed the shock when it gets up to the waist area!!! :eek:

Ran the boat from stemmers run up to the Nauti Goose for a bite to eat and a few drinks with friends on Saturday. It actually turned out to be a decent day out there!!!

Should be even better this weekend!!!!

bowman316

Lieutenant Commander

now that i have a wet suit, it is hard to swim in cold water without it.

arks

Lieutenant Commander

You sound like my daughter!

10.gif

2.gif

Sorry, I couldn't resist! :p

skargo

Banned

I should have saved my wetsuit from my surfing days...oh wait, I was almost 100# lighter, I'd look like a bowling ball in a sandwich baggie! :rolleyes:

lime4x4

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I hope it's done by 4th of july weekend.. Has anyone seen a schedule for the fireworks in the upper bay?

rauch0812

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I made reservations at Duck Neck Campground in Chestertown for the weekend of July 4th. We booked a waterfront campsite (Chester River) where they say they have a dock or you can just anchor out in front of the campsite. We plan to watch the fireworks show in Chestertown from the water. Does anyone have any input of the campground, the fireworks show in Chestertown or boating on the Chester River? We've never been to any of them..

john3931

Petty Officer 1st Class

We are going to the Tidewater Grill Friday for a college graduation dinner with my daughter and her roommates family. That will give a chance to check the area out.

Billdc

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looks like Sunday afternoon and Monday on the bay. If anybody is in the Flats try hailing "Back at ya" it's not on the boat yet, but I think that is going to be the name. Will probably stay north of Turkey Point, unless it's calm, then we may run to Ches. Inn. Scott, if your not sure about your radio, PM me and I'll give you my cell number.

skargo

Banned

Looks like Sunday afternoon and Monday on the bay. If anybody is in the Flats try hailing "Back at ya" it's not on the boat yet, but I think that is going to be the name. Will probably stay north of Turkey Point, unless it's calm, then we may run to Ches. Inn. Scott, if your not sure about your radio, PM me and I'll give you my cell number.
My radio seems to be working OK, but I will PM you my number regardless.

We're rafting up with some friends in Cara Cove if you are interested!