Valerie Plame Wilson: I worked on secret missions

treedancer

Commander
Re: Valerie Plame Wilson: I worked on secret missions

Quote Pointer94

Again, do you need my phone number so you can round up a mob to lynch Armitage?

No I don’t need to get a rope I trust the judgment of the U.S. Attorney Patrick J. Fitzgerald, after all he is far and balanced seeing as he was appointed by a Republican. Of course it would be ironic if the Libby conviction should lead to further charges ,you never know, could happen. I bet Gonzo sure wished he could have fired Fitz before the Libby trials started .O well that’s hindsight isn’t it?

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Again, where is your concern for justice that has prompted so many posts? I mean its about justice not partisianship. Go get um' tree. Round up the mob. The man who ruined undercover sister's life has been identified. Why are you not doing anything? And since most of your posts were wrong, and full of accusations against the innocent we can be expecting a full apology towards them soon?

Come on Tree, where is your sense of fairness, evenhandedness, and honesty. Where are your convictions? For gods sake, you started this thread. 8)

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Right now there is one thing that I'm sure we can all agree with. There is too much DIS-information out there to be able to make a truly informned decision until all the facts come out.

I think that when the smoke clears, it will be determined that the Niger connection was Fiction, the "document" was a forgery, and Joe Wilson found out and told the White House. However the Bush senior staff needed that mushroom cloud spectre to sell their war and chose to discredit Wilson to keep the story alive. That's the alleged nepotism connection which was WAY overblown from the start. I mean even if it were ture, so what? Does it make him UN-qualified? According to his quualifications, he was perfect for the job. Except that he wasn't a rubber stamp.

The outing thing was pure retribution! They chose to punish Wilson by destroying his wife's career. But they failed to consider or ignored the devastating effect that it would have on the network she was connected with. They compromised our national security for personal reasons. Treason, IMHO.

Where does it stop? Bush's inner circle? I'm convinced that Dubya was very much in the dark and that his senior staff was doing everything they could to keep it below his radar. But now he's complicit by helping cover it up. Same pit Nixon fell into.

I don't think he was fully aware of what was going on until shortly before he claimed that he "declassified" Plame's identity. He was covering his underlings's backsides pure and simple. It's what he does. I don't know if it's this Loyalty thing that keeps Rove and Cheney so close to his side, or abject fear of being President without them. But in the end, if Rove and Cheney don't go voluntarily, they'll drag the President down with them. (Gonzales too for other reasons)

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

WillyBWright said:
... if Rove and Cheney don't go voluntarily, they'll drag the President down with them. (Gonzales too for other reasons)
You mean in the next 1 year and 9 months? Give me a break.

treedancer

Commander

Quote Pointer94

And since most of your posts were wrong, and full of accusations against the innocent we can be expecting a full apology towards them soon?

OK I’ll bite show me where I was wrong, against the innocent. Who should I be apologize too? The people that I am trying to enlighten with the truth? The people that in am trying to convince that they should at least put out a little effort to shake off the brainwashing that the have put themselves into while listening to the likes of Rush , Hannity, Coulter, for the last ten ,twelve years?

Quote Pointer94

Come on Tree, where is your sense of fairness, evenhandedness, and honesty. Where are your convictions? For gods sake, you started this thread.

One of the few times you have been right in this thread is your statement that I started the thread. You want honesty; I guess if you have been trying to defend this Administration it would be rather hard to be able to identify honesty. I will try to give you a few bits of honesty, Warning I my stray off topic a bit, but will try to get back on topic as soon as I can.

We are going into the fifth year of the war now, our efforts at bringing Democracy to the middle east shows - 18 percent of Iraqis have confidence in U.S.- led forces, a new poll has shown, you wonder where my concern is OK here is some of my concern.

Four years after the invasion of Iraq, the high and growing demand for U.S. troops there, and in Afghanistan, has left ground forces in the United States short of the training, personnel and equipment that would be vital to fight a major ground conflict elsewhere. I’ve changed my mind that is now a major concern of mine; with China increasing they’re military spending so much.

Of course this is the major concern, there would have 3200 American troops plus 600,000 Iraqis still alive,
and who knows what just one of those may have contributed to this world of ours had their life not been cut short.

Here is also a concern not a major one but a concern nonetheless, I’m getting as jaded as some of the politicians that we are talking about. I can only attribute it to the fact that we have about thirty percent of our population still brainwashed, believing what this administration is telling them,What they tell us is so flawed by selective spin, propaganda, and hidden agendas, I can't take them seriously. I ask you this "Can anything this administration says be taken at face value?"

Ok now back on topic ,well at least Simi-topic, You’re concerned about my concern, what a laugh, after all the feigned bellowing about “what about the troops” yet you can defend this group of thugs, that outed an undercover CIA operative, put a whole string of other agents, contacts, moles, whatever, at risk then belittle the very fact that she has been in front of congress under oath proclaiming her status.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Tree's quote:

Quote Pointer94

And since most of your posts were wrong, and full of accusations against the innocent we can be expecting a full apology towards them soon?

OK I’ll bite show me where I was wrong, against the innocent. Who should I be apologize too? The people that I am trying to enlighten with the truth? The people that in am trying to convince that they should at least put out a little effort to shake off the brainwashing that the have put themselves into while listening to the likes of Rush , Hannity, Coulter, for the last ten ,twelve years?

Quote Pointer94

Come on Tree, where is your sense of fairness, evenhandedness, and honesty. Where are your convictions? For gods sake, you started this thread.

One of the few times you have been right in this thread is your statement that I started the thread. You want honesty; I guess if you have been trying to defend this Administration it would be rather hard to be able to identify honesty. I will try to give you a few bits of honesty, Warning I my stray off topic a bit, but will try to get back on topic as soon as I can.

We are going into the fifth year of the war now, our efforts at bringing Democracy to the middle east shows - 18 percent of Iraqis have confidence in U.S.- led forces, a new poll has shown, you wonder where my concern is OK here is some of my concern.

Four years after the invasion of Iraq, the high and growing demand for U.S. troops there, and in Afghanistan, has left ground forces in the United States short of the training, personnel and equipment that would be vital to fight a major ground conflict elsewhere. I’ve changed my mind that is now a major concern of mine; with China increasing they’re military spending so much.

Of course this is the major concern, there would have 3200 American troops plus 600,000 Iraqis still alive,
and who knows what just one of those may have contributed to this world of ours had their life not been cut short.

Here is also a concern not a major one but a concern nonetheless, I’m getting as jaded as some of the politicians that we are talking about. I can only attribute it to the fact that we have about thirty percent of our population still brainwashed, believing what this administration is telling them,What they tell us is so flawed by selective spin, propaganda, and hidden agendas, I can't take them seriously. I ask you this "Can anything this administration says be taken at face value?"

Ok now back on topic ,well at least Simi-topic, You’re concerned about my concern, what a laugh, after all the feigned bellowing about “what about the troops” yet you can defend this group of thugs, that outed an undercover CIA operative, put a whole string of other agents, contacts, moles, whatever, at risk then belittle the very fact that she has been in front of congress under oath proclaiming her status.

Again you failed to answer even one aspect of the questions asked. Ongoing rant about the war and polls, and your charactorization of the admistration as thugs, (you can start with apologies there) for a crime they have been proven not to have committed. HELLO? ? ?

After the tribunal, show me ONE INDICTMENT FOR LEAKING AN UNDERCOVER AGENTS NAME.

WE KNOW WHO LEAKED, WHERE IS YOUR OUTRAGE?

treedancer

Commander

Quote Pointer94

for a crime they have been proven not to have committed. HELLO? ? ?

After the tribunal, show me ONE INDICTMENT FOR LEAKING AN UNDERCOVER AGENTS NAME.

WE KNOW WHO LEAKED, WHERE IS YOUR OUTRAGE?

<<proven not to have committed.>> Hee,hee,boy I’ll say this pointer, you sure can twist a sentence around. 8)

Don’t have to prove nothing, as its an ongoing investigation ,guess that’s why the right is getting so shrill in there rhetoric..

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

On-going? Live the dream. But where are your convictions? Still waiting for your apologies, tree.

At this point liberals would be yelling about how much the investigation cost. Then they would be bellowing about where are the convictions! (whitewater had over 30 just to remind you). Then words like witchhunt, partisian, hate, and then start attacking the prosecuter personally, professional, even morally. Funny we have not heard any of that here. Maybe actions say more than words.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Secret AGENT chick....
Secret AGENT chick.....
I hate it when a song gets stuck in my head......
Carry on!........:}

treedancer

Commander

Quote Pointer94

attacking the prosecuter personally, professional, even morally. Funny we have not heard any of that here. Maybe actions say more than words.

Come on Pointer here is a piece that you can be proud of, from none other than the GOP star of the week, Victoria Toensing,she is doing you proud Pointer ,spouting the rights talking points, all in one post, don’t have to listen to the radio its all here. Evidently she considers herself a one woman grand jury.

<< THIS GRAND JURY CHARGES PATRICK J. FITZERALD with ignoring the fact that there was no basis for a criminal investigation from the day he was appointed, with handling some witnesses with kid gloves and banging on others with a mallet, with engaging in past contretemps with certain individuals that might have influenced his pursuit of their liberty, and with misleading the public in a news conference because . . . well, just because. To wit:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/16/AR2007021601705_pf.html

Quote Pointer94

Still waiting for your apologies, tree.

I'm waiting for President Bush, and Vice President Cheney, to apologize for deliberately outing Valerie Plame Wilson first.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Haut said:
Secret AGENT chick....
Secret AGENT chick.....
I hate it when a song gets stuck in my head......
Carry on!........:}

Agreed Haunt, this whole thing is a joke, it's no wonder the Muslem's (who care's about spelling) think were a target. We let a middle aged spinner become a national new's...............Ohhh and yes she is nothing more like it or not.

8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8) Ohhh my god i was a secret agent woman...................:^

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

treedancer said:
Quote Pointer94

attacking the prosecuter personally, professional, even morally. Funny we have not heard any of that here. Maybe actions say more than words.

Come on Pointer here is a piece that you can be proud of, from none other than the GOP star of the week, Victoria Toensing,she is doing you proud Pointer ,spouting the rights talking points, all in one post, don’t have to listen to the radio its all here. Evidently she considers herself a one woman grand jury.

<< THIS GRAND JURY CHARGES PATRICK J. FITZERALD with ignoring the fact that there was no basis for a criminal investigation from the day he was appointed, with handling some witnesses with kid gloves and banging on others with a mallet, with engaging in past contretemps with certain individuals that might have influenced his pursuit of their liberty, and with misleading the public in a news conference because . . . well, just because. To wit:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/16/AR2007021601705_pf.html

Quote Pointer94

I'm waiting for President Bush, and Vice President Cheney, to apologize for deliberately outing Valerie Plame Wilson first.

YUP!

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Haut said:
treedancer said:
Quote Pointer94

Quote Pointer94

YUP!

Damm could anyone point out the obvious, that is her value to the american government , or is this just another polictical game of mental gymnastic's, a common problem in our current culture.......stumbling over dollar's to pick up dime's........:devil:

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Tree, How do some sleep at night? When does rational thought, deflected by hate and jealously pass for intellectual honesty?

Every night, I mean every night, I watched Charlie Rangle, Chuck Shumer, Lanny Davis, James Carville, Paul Begalla, Barney Frank, and others of similiar ilk running around not only questioning Ken Starr's methods but taking the low road and taking shots at his motives, integrity, objectivity and just flat out lying. And then the Whopper of them all, THE VAST RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY. Yep members of the government attacking a man for just doing his job. A man who stuck to his job without reacting to the attacks.

Hundreds perhaps thousands of hours, night after night after night on NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, HN, CNBC, PBS - lies on top of lies and hate and employing of the politics of personal destruction against a man who didn't even ask for the job. To compare the treatment of Fitzgerald to that of Ken Starr clearly demonstrates how emotion blinds one from reality.

Kool-aid anyone?

treedancer

Commander

Quote Pointer94D

Tree, How do some sleep at night? When does rational thought, deflected by hate and jealously pass for intellectual honesty?

Your right Pointer rational thought does get interrupted when one is sleep deprived,……I notice you posted this at <<Posted: 2:26am Today>> at that time is was sleeping like a baby.8)

Quote Pointer94

Every night, I mean every night, I watched Charlie Rangle, Chuck Shumer, Lanny Davis, James Carville, Paul Begalla, Barney Frank, and others of similiar ilk running around not only questioning Ken Starr's methods but taking the low road and taking shots at his motives, integrity, objectivity and just flat out lying.

Of course your right, they are taking the low road, seems that they have learned how to fight like todays Republicans, I would be quite happy if everyone would stick to the issues, of course if that should happen, the Republican party as it stands now would be history, the Republican party of Everett Dirksen, the Republican party, of fiscal responsibility, would be a force to be reckoned with.

This group that’s in power , I don’t consider them Republicans ,they are some kind perverse off shoot that are standing in until the real Republicans, stand up and take there party back. I can here the thoughts coming in from Wisconsin now, hey dude what about the Dems? Your right Kennedy/Truman wouldn’t recognize what we have in place either, but at least were trying.

Quote Pointer94

To compare the treatment of Fitzgerald to that of Ken Starr clearly demonstrates how emotion blinds one from reality.

Your comparing apples to oranges, it seems that Ken Starr was involved in an impeachment wasn’t he? What we have here is ..so… far …lying to Congress by a Vice Presidential aid, plus its only been a week.

Let the hate radio circuit get there breath first, it will I am sure, come out to your satisfaction and spew there garbage. Your right once again Pointer , emotion does blind one on what your looking for in the near future. Most likely there waiting for the other shoe to drop so they can get there forces behind the whole apple cart, rather than "pushing/pulling /sliding" the cart willy nilly.Emotion does blind one, especially the sleep deprived.8)

PW2

Commander

I have to admit I am somewhat shocked by this.
With Ken Starr, we had a prosecution based on alleged perjury. And yes, it was just about sex, and everyone lies about sex etc. But he should not have misled a Grand Jury. It may have been about nothing of import, but still...

Fitzgerald is investigating the outing of a CIA agent, in a time of war, no less, for clear political reasons, and you have the audacity to attack Fitzgerald, and defend the perps, even those convicted of perjury Rove should be glad that Fitz gave him 5 opportunities to testify in front of the grand jury so he could "clean up" his testimony, and avoid being indicted. Clear sign of favoritism on the part of Fitzgerald.

So much for moral values.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Sometimes work demands late nights, and I hate to do it bored to tears in some, well in this case, really really nice hotel. Amway Grand Hotel, Grand Rapids.

Ken Starr was being smeared slmost 24/7 when he was only doing the Whitewater investigation. The Clinton/democrat smear machine was busy working all sides of the street. Witness's, prosecutors, investigative reporters, rape victim's, but primarily Mr. Starr were having their reputations trashed long before the Lewinski embarrasement was laid on Starr. Let's not try to rewrite history Tree.

The republicans are not conservative and for that reason alone I am not a member. The democrats have disgraced themselves over and over and over again. Not that the republicans have comported themselves in a way that distinguishes them far better. But they have been somewhat more diplomatic. The record clearly shows that the current democratic party is not the party of JFK. It is a socialist party.

PW who trashed Fitz. And are you trying to rewrite history as well regarding how Mr. Starr was empowered as a special council. 30 indictments! d:) Thank god Fitz was there to ferret out another liberal leaking to the press. I bet you are chomping at the bit, to get his boss, Colin Powell. Good catch.

BTW I had no idea Rove was indicted. Please update us on these new findings. Or are you looking to smear his reputation with inuendo and more democratic hate tactics?

oddjob

Commander

quote:
And yes, it was just about sex, and everyone lies about sex etc.

LOL!...ya dont have to lie about it8)...just come OUT!

OldMercsRule

Captain

PW2 said:
I have to admit I am somewhat shocked by this.

[colour=blue]Shocked eh?[/colour]

With Ken Starr, we had a prosecution based on alleged perjury.

[colour=blue]Wow PW2! You have accused me of missing class; were you asleep for eight full years from 1992 to 2000? Your grasp of relevant information is underwhelming! Ken Starr was prosecuting serious abuse of power crimes n' bribes commited by principal governing politicians in Arkansas, amoung other things. [/colour]

And yes, it was just about sex, :} and everyone lies about sex etc.

[colour=blue]Kool aid tastes great![/colour] :}:}

But he should not have misled a Grand Jury. It may have been about nothing of import, but still...

[colour=blue]Hmmmm.[/colour]

Fitzgerald is investigating the outing of a CIA agent, in a time of war, :^ no less, :% for clear political reasons, [colour=blue]YUP!![/colour] and you have the audacity to attack Fitzgerald, and defend the perps, even those convicted of perjury Rove should be glad that Fitz gave him 5 opportunities to testify in front of the grand jury so he could "clean up" his testimony, and avoid being indicted. Clear sign of favoritism on the part of Fitzgerald.

So much for moral values.

[colour=blue]So much for informed,(?) Liberal Nathan Hale HS of Seattle grads, (you did graduate I hope), actually engaging in critical thinkin'!![/colour]:} JR

treedancer

Commander

Good evening Omer,where ya been?8)