Boat names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmurphy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Boat names.

I'm naming mine "Murphy's Law". My name, also the name of my buddy who gave it to me, and, Murphy's Law is coming into play now that I'm starting the rebuild.....:rolleyes:

AngelC

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I named my boat "Aye Chihuahua" after my dog; who is the only member in my family who does'nt raise my blood pressure nor talks back. She is the only one who greets me at the front door and doesn't ask for a thing!!

100_0704.jpg

100_0699.jpg

flnudistcpl

Cadet

We just bought another boat and we're changing then name from the "sand flea" to "the Naked Lady" Can someone tell us how we put our pic on here??

Wee Hooker

Chief Petty Officer

Back when my dad was alive but sick, he gave me his old 63' 17' Larson runabout that had been stripped for diving and fishing. Besides 30+ years of hard SW use, it had obvious 60's styling and rigging, spidered windshield and a hand painted silver interior. Solid fishing boat but UGLY as get out. I lovingly named it the "Ugly Hooker". When I finally let the boat go after dad passed (in 94'), I downsized to a new but smaller fishing skiff to run in the rivers. Keeping with tradition (and dad's love for Irish music) I named it the "Wee Hooker". I'm now letting this one go and am pondering a name for the new 16' ( aluminum) fishing boat. "Tin Hooker" and "Wee Hooker" II come to mind so far but suggestions welcome :)

eddiemako1

Cadet

Last year my wife and I went to the NY boat show. Knowing full well we shouldn't by a boat with hard times looming.We bought a 184 Mako and loaded it up . Than named her "Reel Madness":)

superpop

Master Chief Petty Officer

Just named my all black 2006 Chaparral 204SSI the Black Pearl. Kids picked it since they both love Pirates of the Caribbean.

nickb911

Cadet

1st boat: "Sea Chicken"
Current Boat: 14' aluminum v-hull, "My Ding-a-ling"

22E6441

Petty Officer 1st Class

This thread inspired me to come up with a name for the next piece of junk I buy.

"MacGyver" and it's going to have a little graphic of a paper clip.

Chevysolid

Seaman Apprentice

Just got a Crownline 196BR,

Going with either Crown-Aholic

or Royal Crown

BTW.... I love Crown Royal too.

mthieme

Captain

Just lettered her this weekend...I'm Mark.

Attachments

• name2.JPG
    name2.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 0

Bob on This

Cadet

First one (that had a name) was a 25' bayliner "Bob on this"
Second was a 22 Donzi "Bob on this II"
Third was (is) a 26' excel "Bob on this again"
and Last is a 28' Carver "Bob on this OMT" (One more time)

Bob :D

grego

Petty Officer 1st Class

deerdog, buddies boat named BOAT "break out another thousand" I move name from boat to boat. Wife asks, why are we buying this boat? and I say for "sh*ts and giggles"

mphy98

Lieutenant

mine have no names yet. a friend of mine has run a charter fishing boat out of racine wi and clls it the Happy Hooker!

jsnlong

Recruit

Mine is named "Bow Down" wife thinks she is a queen or something lol.. but also playing off the modle type Imperial Princess

grego

Petty Officer 1st Class

fishhunter911, how about ,blaze or wood burner, burnt offering or matchstick or backdraft, or nearly lost , warm morning, or torched, kiln dried, immersed in flame, last one out, toasted, touched by fire, flame retardent. LOL! If you pick one let me know "pm" OH yea, charbroiled.

bowman316

Lieutenant Commander

are you supposed to name a 16 ft runabout?

does the bad luck rule apply to small boats without names?

Mine has not had a name for a year now, and no bad luck yet.
knock on wood

mthieme

Captain

My 'Ray has had no name since the transom was replaced in '89.
Although not worried about such yarns, I wonder if the luck works both ways?

zach103

Commander

well the first boat i bought ended up being a project boat.. i really liked it.. so i got another project boat.. so i named the first one . A Bad Habit.. as in its a bad habit restoring these babies
P1060050.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.