I Have Had It With These Invaders!!!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
---------------------Please Turn The "Edit" Feature Back On.-------------------- I'm going even MORE insane

I have just about had it with these invaders....
I don't know how many of you are aware of the invasion problems we are experiencing down here in Florida, but -- They are everywhere! The government and police force are doing absolutely NOTHING to help or stem the tide, too!!

Every day, more and more of them can be found walking our streets, or swimming ashore from parts unknown.
They're filthy too! And if you try to apprehend one of them, they slink-away. If you actually restrain one of them, they get viscious. Our borders are wide open to them,and there is nothing humanly possible to close them to these short foreigners. They live in clusters, and seem to have babies as a career! I for one plan to do something about these illegal invaders! I am going to keep a loaded shotgun in the back winder of my pickup truck, and will drop as many as i see (provided I don't have Americans in the crossfire)....Yeehaw!!

Danged iguanas!
Take your beaches back now,people --before it's too late!

There--- I feel better now. Where's the Tylenol?
From SW Florida, A proud member of iboats since March 25,2001
The old me

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: I Have Had It With These Invaders!!!

Edit is in the little pull down menu box under your picture on the left. First I have hear of the iguana problem!

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Those are Iguanas are from Tijuana, which is also in Mexico. :% aaannnnnddd they have rights too. ;) Surely.......

Bob_VT

Staff member

Hey 12'r check out this C & P

In the Yucatán Peninsula, people eat iguanas (also called "Gallina de Palo" (tree chicken) or "Bamboo Chicken") as if it was some sort of farm animal, or some sort of hunting animal, they hunt it in their own houses or in the forest, there are Iguanas of the size of a dashund dog that live in peoples backyards, In my house there are several of them, Yucatecan People even have a Special Cuisine for Iguanas, cause they have recipes of "How to make Iguana Tacos" and a lot more recipes.8)

Fishin' Jeff

Chief Petty Officer

In Aruba, they run around like squirrels.

What's the problem with iguanas, anyway. I've never heard of iguanas killing livestock or the sort. I think they're cute.

(duck and cover)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

---------------------Please Turn The "Edit" Feature Back On.-------------------- I'm going even MORE insane

The criiters are as-described down here. Some places are iguana-free zones, some are literally crawling with them, like the keys, Bonita, Boca grand and Estero.
They are starting to become a nuisance inland south Fort Myers now. I can't speak for the rest of the state.
They bite....Literally.
The old me

Bob_VT

Staff member

One thing I can say with confidence.....

They did NOT migrate from Vermont!!!!;)

JRJ2

Cadet

Well, you got my shorts in a knot. I'd cycle 'em through the BBQ8) Good luck:love:

KaGee

Admiral

LOL @ Snapper! d:)

LTNS... don't be a stanger!

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

Hey!!!

I'll trade you Armadillos that can take out the crossmember of your truck for lizards that can't jump anytime!!

...and there ain't no real meat worth eatin' on a 'dillo....or as we call them..."" 'possom on the half shell "....

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

They probably think that the humans are a nuisance.:devil:

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

you mean -- they're not?:/
The old me

snapperbait said:
Taste good, BBQ'd...... .)

Well, I have never tasted Iguana, cold or cooked but I hear it taste like chicken. o:):= I LIKE THIS GUY :=

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

They stink? Like what?

KaGee

Admiral

Hey Feetz... Hows about the Geico Lizard while you're at it... these commercials are getting to me! :/

oddjob

Commander

They graze like cattle in Davie and Cooper City..I think their cool...

Ron G

Commander

Should make some nice kabobs,i wonder if there like snapping turtle were every part tastes different?