My First StarCraft; 1975 18' SuperSport

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Thanks for the support guys! The BF got some attention this evening getting it ready for a potential sale. I'm already mournful.....great little boat. Maybe a mob member hailing from the capital district and has some extra space to store her until I get settled! :tea:
:
Bayliner-esque won't cut it 'round these parts Sig! :lol:

Ga, not sure what I'd change my handle too...perhaps BluecatFin :D

Agua, Vacation is loooongggg overdue bud! I'm thinking roadtrip to the northwest; that chief of yours would make a great sturgeon boat! :D

Thanks Willie! Yepper...the admiral's little 'yota isn't nearly as keister-friendly as the big Chevy!

dozerII

Admiral
Hey BF congrats on the sale of the Bluefin, hope you get things sorted soon so you can get back at the boat.

classiccat

Mornin' Folks!

I put the 1st full-day into the rig in a loooong time...with the goal of getting the starcraft out of my garage (I step closer to putting my house on the market) and into the "Now vacant" boat tent. :D
  • Installed the winch-stand, restored winch, bow-stop & bow roller.
  • fabricated bunk board brackets; I had to mount them outside of the frame to insure ample room to clear the strakes...and support that weakened outer chine.
  • Transferred the boat from the carriage to trailer...solo...without dinging-up my freshly-paved driveway! Tilt trailers are AMAZING!
  • Carpeted & installed the bunk boards
  • Transferred the boat/trailer to the boat tent...whew

I wish that I had taken some pics along the way...when I was buttoning things up for the day, I thought to myself, "Mob needs Proof" :photo:

This will be the SC's home until I figure out where the heck we're going to live :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :yo:

Last edited:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Morning BF, looks like your making the SS mobile to take with on the move. It looks cozy in there with his new little red buddy. :D

classiccat

Thanks for hangin in there with me fellas! Traded my rivet hammer for a grout float for the next week or two :madgrin:

cj8mule

Senior Chief Petty Officer
My Admiral always complains that I'm fixing up the house for the next owners. She wants me to do all that work in the beginning when we buy.

Good luck with that grout (and I'm sure the caulk gun, paint brush, .... ...)

classiccat

One step closer; The home went on the market today! Fingers crossed for multiple, competing offers!! :lol:

Last edited:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Yeah a bidding war would be great for some extra SS cash flow!

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander
Just wanted to say that I dig the index on page 1. Hope you're enjoying the real estate tycoon lifestyle.

classiccat

Just wanted to say that I dig the index on page 1. Hope you're enjoying the real estate tycoon lifestyle.

Thanks Chem! Since the forum change, I have to completely redo the index since the thread-count-per-page changed :facepalm:

Still trying to sell in a stale market...we're biting the bullet and having an open-house tomorrow; hopefully the traffic picks-up with the beautiful fall foliage!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
CC - It looks like everything worked OK on the name change. Except post count. :blue: I guess you lost all the BF PMs, too. Admin will be looking at it on Monday.

classiccat

CC - It looks like everything worked OK on the name change. Except post count. :blue: I guess you lost all the BF PMs, too. Admin will be looking at it on Monday.

Thank you for all of your help GaB! :thumb:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Toneeees replied to your Issues post, so he's on it. I'm guessing your post count will be back to normal tomorrow, CC.

dozerII

Admiral
Okay what did I miss here Bluefin was Bluefin, when I left for Minnesota then I get back he is Classiccat, do tell?:pop2:

classiccat

Okay what did I miss here Bluefin was Bluefin, when I left for Minnesota then I get back he is Classiccat, do tell?:pop2:

well, with the BlueFin no longer on my property... my old handle was obsolete.

classiccat is a handle that I started using around the time that the internet was invented :lol:

It was a line of awesome catfish rods produced by St.Croix...and the name stuck. Even though this isn't a fishing forum, the name still applies to what we do...breathe new life into classic tin! :thumb:

dozerII

Admiral
well, with the BlueFin no longer on my property... my old handle was obsolete.

classiccat is a handle that I started using around the time that the internet was invented :lol:

It was a line of awesome catfish rods produced by St.Croix...and the name stuck. Even though this isn't a fishing forum, the name still applies to what we do...breathe new life into classic tin! :thumb:

Cool, ahhh breathing life into old classic tin, goes so good with ice cold beer.:facepalm: