1960's Falcon Rebuild (New Title)

InMotion

Commander
Ok Fellas. It's pretty catchy these days... got what looks like a early 60's Jet??? or Jupiter or ??? as it has the hull lapstrapes but only a single transom brace.

It's in need of some ummmmmm work. Guy wants $80. $100 with the trailer that doesn't work and has been sitting in the mud for the last 6 years.

Whatch you guys think... go for it? Or leave it?

Picture001.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture005.jpg

IM

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Re: MBS - Pretty Catchy These Days --- $80??? Whatchathink...

Dood! That's the beauty of these ol alum boats! Grab it!!!!

Looks like a Jup to me (under all that garbage).

EZ will tell ya that all you need to do is mix up some 2 stroke fuel and that outboard will purrrrrrr:D

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

The fact that you are asking makes me want to revoke your Starmada man card

InMotion

Commander

The fact that you are asking makes me want to revoke your Starmada man card

Now, now CBK... :D

Man! Revocation... right off the bat??? Dood your cruel!!!:p

barato2

Commander

methinks Kev is jealous, seein how the ones he finds are all expensive and all like that........ :p

you know what my answer would be......the 40hp twin is one of the most reliable motors ever made and easy to rebuild too. grab it. i'd get the $20 trailer too even if you'd need to drop a bit on rolling gear.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

methinks Kev is jealous, seein how the ones he finds are all expensive and all like that........ :p

you know what my answer would be......the 40hp twin is one of the most reliable motors ever made and easy to rebuild too. grab it. i'd get the $20 trailer too even if you'd need to drop a bit on rolling gear.

lol..naild it B2....
Im over here blowing over 2xs that for my SS!!! Im such a sucker!

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Now, now CBK... :D

Man! Revocation... right off the bat??? Dood your cruel!!!:p

Sometimes...funny hurts..
I know you'll drag that jewel home

jbing81

Chief Petty Officer

Please buy it ;)

mrgintz

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Only $100! wow...:facepalm: that's less than what you could get from scrap place.

MG

InMotion

Commander

Guys, I wouldn't let you down!!! Jupiter the third, will be gracing my home this coming Sunday...:D. There is no way I could let her go to the dump this Saturday!!!:eek: really sad how some people treat tinny's... they have feelings too man!!!!!

Anyway... I'm seeing a fishing boat based on the direction Jupiter the second is going.

dozerII

Admiral

Awsome Jim, glad to see you shook your head and forgot to take your MBS pills. After next weekend I will be down to one Starcraft so It will be time to shop, just wish I could find the deals you guys do.
Glen

rheagler

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Nice score Jim!

AZwadder

Cadet

Amazing how they use a classic boat and motor to store crappy old rotted plywood :eek::facepalm:

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

If that was in my area I'd snatch it up for sure and probably do it up similar to Lakelover's. It's most likely not a Jupiter, too small. Probably closer to 14' than 16'. The motor is worth the asking price in parts alone. The trailer frame doesn't look bad and axle/spring assemblies aren't expensive.

InMotion

Commander

If that was in my area I'd snatch it up for sure and probably do it up similar to Lakelover's. It's most likely not a Jupiter, too small. Probably closer to 14' than 16'. The motor is worth the asking price in parts alone. The trailer frame doesn't look bad and axle/spring assemblies aren't expensive.

Ya... the seller says the boat is a 14 or 15... but I thought that jets had 3 knee braces???

If I take the trailer, it will be going in the boat on the way home as I am bring my trailer!!

InMotion

Commander

Since the hull is lapstrake... is there anything I should be aware of? I will be looking for signs of corrosion on the hull... just curious as I am not familiar with a full lapstrake type hull.

bananaboater

Ensign

Ya... the seller says the boat is a 14 or 15... but I thought that jets had 3 knee braces???

Quite a find. The older Jets (and other models) had 3 knee braces so that would make this one late 60's early 70's. And another clue is the open ends of the wind screen, later models. Have fun.

jbcurt00

Staff member

MBS is occasionally fatal, beware the Admiral:eek: even when they agree that, yes in fact, you really do need another__________ <<-- insert your particular proclivety/down-fall.....

Nice looking Jet/Jupiter/Nassau maybe:confused: Interesting shade of blue, but I like it, @topsides too. Based on the somewhat futile & short lived search to correctly ID my Jet/Jet Star (I've settled on early 60's Jet for mine) I suspect it is an 'early' version of the later 60's Jet. Plastic spear logo @ short sided stern, 'vented' sides on the windshield, 15" +/- transom.

Not that step pads are a key to ID, but quantity can be, and it doesn't look like it has any on the gunwales. Maybe they're under the scrap ply or it's been repainted.

The SC brochure page isn't really that clear on my monitor, I may try to find a higher quality & larger format monitor to look up the 1963 spec sheet. I think that's what my Jet is, for sure the Jupiter is a 1963. Oops left the tie off of the bag of SC cats, 1 escaped.

InMotion

Commander

Thanks bb and jb... heading out in an hour to make the journey to pick it up (all being well with the hull etc...).

Jb - I will keep what you said when figuring out vintage. Scrap wood might be good for the fireplace :D

The Admiral really hopes the rig will fit in my folks garage for the next two months till I can take it up north for the summer... she wasn't jumping up and down about 4 trailers, 4 boats and 2 cars in the driveway!!!! Might mean i will get more time to work on the projects.... scratch that... not likely!!!!

Pictures forthcoming later today!!!!

InMotion

Commander
1960's Falcon Rebuild (New Title)

It arrived home (sorta... it actually made it to my folks house... for a while).

It's a falcon according to the Starcraft plate on the gunwale. Overall, the hull looks pretty good, inside is filthy, transom needs replacing, floor is pretty rough... kinda what you'd expect. But, it has 4 fishing seats on pedestals in really quite good shape aside from being filthy. Left the trailer... it broke in two trying to get the boat off. I took a look... it was in rough shape... I'll just keep the boat on the trailer you'll see in the photo's. It was a perfect match.

It was a 2.5 hour drive there... but a fantastic location in the heart on Ontario's cottage country. Boat was on 1 block, so I just winched the trailer under it and off we went....after touring the place and hanging with the folks there for a while. Great people. Great place. Can't ask for much more really.

Original owners... original paint. Evinrude was a replacement sometime in the 70's. Overall, it will be a nice little project in the summer/fall.

Might to a bowectomoy (jasectomy...). It'll end up as a fishing boat. Some shots...

My Dad snuck in to this one (and no, he isn't picking his nose!! Kinda looks like it though.. :)

IMAG0253.jpg

IMAG0255.jpg

IMAG0256.jpg

Kiddie's playin' in the new addition...
IMAG0257.jpg

The retrieval crew: My little troopers... a long day, but a great adventure and fun.
IMAG0260.jpg

Have a great evening fellas!!