Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
My oh my, that was a long safari, BD. LOL

Go grab that Jupiter and rejoin the fun! Make Zach cry again, you meanie! :smile:

jbcurt00

Staff member
18ft SS near Pittsburgh asking $800, no OB
https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/boa/5963464902.html
00v0v_jHc5NMCC3Vi_600x450.jpg

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I like the original bow cover. My boat used to have one and was great on a windy or cold day. Leave the cover and close the center window. No wind inside.

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
that one is in pretty good shape for 800 bucks. the no trailer title in PA is kind of a bummer with these older boats. if you have another trailer ready to go though that would be an excellent deal.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
This guy has several big 'uns! I can check 'em out if anybody wants me to take a look.

http://ocala.craigslist.org/boa/5925360858.html

[FONT=&quot]
For sale is my 1983 STARCRAFT 26 ft CABIN CRUISER (CR 261 V). This was Starcraft's last and largest aluminum cabin cruiser -- only about 30 were made (fiberglass undercut the market in all but the most expensive boats). At just over eight feet wide, I believe the CR 26 is the largest trailerable aluminum cabin cruiser made (Marinettes, although aluminum, are over 10 ft wide and much heavier). I love my boat's classic looks, whereas the cruisers built in the 90s (often called express cruisers), had windows too tiny to really see out and most didn't open. At 3,400 lbs, this boat can be towed fairly economically (it's included steel tandem trailer weighs another 1,100 lbs). With an electronic Mercruiser 228, 18 degree deadrise, and 100 gauge hull, this boat can handle reasonable offshore conditions or a 40 mile run to the Bahamas. Starcrafts were made for the Great Lakes, and to get home in storms. Inside, with over six feet of headroom, it's about the size of a SeaCamper, and with a V-berth forward. This boat has never been in salt water (I bought it out of Canada) and it is very corrosion free. My plan was to rearrange the interior and cockpit to sleep two (not the original four) and to add a galley booth, more fresh water (60 gal instead of 15), a bigger refrigerator, and more storage for longer stays. I've already removed the old galley and V-berth. I've acquired a fiberglass cockpit sole from a 26 ft Carver Santa Cruz, which will be much better than Starcraft use of exterior plywood in parts of the cockpit.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I bought this boat five years ago for $12k and spent $2k to have it hauled here from Kanloops, BC. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I've not used it because ten other boats and other projects got ahead.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Now, my Honda Pilot is nearing 300k miles and I've decided to get a much smaller car next, and so will switch just to canoes and kayaks. Big boats are a dream and my dream has switched to energy efficiency and gardening.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The trailer's tires are round but getting old, so if you buy it, bring a couple of spares. I'm thinking $7,000 unless you can convince me otherwise. This boat is located in Crystal River, FL. I really love this boat, am very sad to list it, but sometimes we have too many projects and just have to let some things go. Thanks, Bill[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I'm also selling the following: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A three year old, but never wet, 7,000 pound aluminum trailer, made to take a 27 foot boat, and equipped with Dexter 3500 torsion axles, four Dexter top grade stainless disk brakes and an electric over hydraulic controller. It weighs under 900 lbs. I invested $6,500 and hope to sell for $5,000. This trailer is located near Brooksville, FL.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Two 1977 25 ft Starcraft Chieftain Mark IV Cabin Cruisers, one unmodified and with its originalV8 and outdrive. I paid $5k plus $1k to haul it here. It weighs 2,600 lbs with I/O, galley, berth, and head. The second Mark IV, I gutted and planed to add an outboard and full-length cabin roof.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] I paid $1k plus $1K to haul it here. Both boats were from the mid-west and have never been in salt water. These aluminum Starcrafts, like pontoon boats, are good in salt water, but you must use a non-copper anti-fouling paint. I'm thinking $5,000 for the pair. These are located near Brooksville, FL.
[/FONT]

01414_7XF0EmSdOIO_600x450.jpg

GA_Boater

$7K is a lot for the 26 footer with no mention of running and gutted.

The other 2 for $5K, who knows.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Classic eyes bigger than stomach right there unfortunately. Also unfortunate that he's way over priced on everything.

This is confusing to me:

[FONT=&quot]"I've acquired a fiberglass cockpit sole from a 26 ft Carver Santa Cruz, which will be much better than Starcraft use of exterior plywood in parts of the cockpit. [/FONT]"

Attempting to shoehorn a deck from a totally different boat into this one, say wha?

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander
Not a Starcraft, but it's a big 22' Lund, probably gutted. The seller had this advertised a few days ago with a SS bracket and OMC 130 outboard, so I guess he sold those. I think price is probably negotiable, it's an abandoned resto that he wants gone.

If it wasn't tax season I wouldn't be posting it here, I'd be towing it home :mad-new:

Fz9pA2X.jpg

http://vermont.craigslist.org/boa/5959653894.html

GA_Boater

Hey Chem - Did the earlier ad show the bracket and OB mounted? The new ad says he has the motor and outdrive. Still have a hole in the transom or patched? :confused: