Re: Starcraft on clist!

I hate you guys.

Well, love/hate.

fshngho

Lieutenant

Gee Jason, that boat sure is puuurty! 18 ft with a 85HP? Sounds like a perfect match. And Don would put down a deposit? Why, the stars are in your favor!!! You can't tell us your wifey has never been mad at you before, she will understand, they always do.:rolleyes:

goferit goferit goferit

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

I have Saturday morning aside for you.:D I have a hundred bucks in my pocket for a deposit too. Awaiting further orders Jason.

Hey, you started this, not us. We are just helping you fulfill your Starcraft dream. Oh yea and living vicariously through your adventure.:D

You know you love us.

Huron Angler

Admiral

Jason I'm pretty sure that 18 footer will do fine in the river since it will only draft 2' being an outboard model...no need for 3 boats...yet:D

I agree that the SS would be a perfect compliment to the Islander. Anytime you get frustrated with the I/O you can take out the "little" boat and run the OMC outboard.:)

Plus you won't have to worry about the fishing rig getting fish slime all over since you'll have your cruiser in pristine condition for guests.

Barato, keep in mind some of us northern folk work on our boats in the garage over the winter;)

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Yah, I'm not all that concerned about the draft. It's the width of the river that is really the issue. The Tittabawassee can be pretty busy too during the spring valley run. I'd be taking up too much river! The 16 would be ok while a 14 is great. 18 is just a river hog!

MichaelP

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
Fix motor, replace transom and get $2K for it or keep for yourself. She may like this one better?????:D

barato

Petty Officer 1st Class

even worse...that's a palo verde tree....thorny and drops stuff on everything, which then congeals into a solid mass. not so sure about them floorboards not being rotted, now that i think about it....

barato

Petty Officer 1st Class

guy doesn't say the S-word, but it looks to be a 16 or 18' Holiday with a 115hp for $500:

http://tucson.craigslist.org/boa/1895392789.html

IF another boat wouldn't get me a divorce, i'd likely go buy it since i "just happen" to have a trailer from my engine donor boat

Deadwood

Chief Petty Officer

Barato, is that camo or palo verde tree in your previous CL listing?