1977 16ft SC Holiday re-do

jbcurt00

Staff member
That looks like Pressure Treated ply in the last pix, and possibly the 2X4 do too...

Correct?

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
You are observant jb.
The ply is my kneeling board to work on top of the trusses. 2x4s are kdat p-t as mentioned in post before pics.

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
Bow casting deck coming along nicely, imo.
Love the nautolex vinyl…....quality product and very easy to work with! Best of all, hookless and sooo easy to clean.

Last edited:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Oh for sure that Nautolex is great stuff and you get what you pay for with it in quality too. Lookin good so far! :thumb:

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
2 solid more days of progress.....
Consoles fastened down, carpeted and trimmed. Windshield lines up perfectly happy to report after having dash severed and just dangling into space with no reference points to work from....

Oh and remember these gizmos?

Last edited:

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
Anyone have a knee brace schematic of a SC 16' knee brace [before bending in it's finished shape] they want to share? For sure I seen one in a post but darned if I can find it now.

budski

Lieutenant Commander
Nice conversion from closed bow to casting deck No-Ah, looking good

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
Nice conversion from closed bow to casting deck No-Ah, looking good

Thanks budski.
You, your team and projects have been very inspirational and motivational for me going forward with mine!
My project has been in hiatus for the holidays, but you can be sure i'll be back at it in the new year!
Nice work and keep posting your progress bud!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Anyone have a knee brace schematic of a SC 16' knee brace [before bending in it's finished shape] they want to share? For sure I seen one in a post but darned if I can find it now.

I dont think I've ever seen one posted here, or someone posting that they fab'd a new knee brace from flat stock before either.

Repairs? Yep, plenty of repairs, most w angle at the knee/transom connection

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
I dont think I've ever seen one posted here, or someone posting that they fab'd a new knee brace from flat stock before either.

Repairs? Yep, plenty of repairs, most w angle at the knee/transom connection

Thanks jb. Back when I was at this stage of the redo, I browsed endlessly for any/all types of repairs done to this brace. Maybe not here at iboats, but along my searches I stumbled onto one that had been lay'ed out in a pre-formed schematic. It was perfect, my thought of reproducing one as the one in the holiday was in need of, lets' say SOME attention. Now I can't find it anywhere. Don't matter, the repair I ended up doing made it short of a bionic looking limb, using AL angle and tubing to beef it up structurally.
We all love to see pics right?

Last edited:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Looks good to me, nice and stout which is good when there's only a single.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Thanks jb. Back when I was at this stage of the redo, I browsed endlessly for any/all types of repairs done to this brace. Maybe not here at iboats, but along my searches I stumbled onto one that had been lay'ed out in a pre-formed schematic. It was perfect, my thought of reproducing one as the one in the holiday was in need of, lets' say SOME attention. Now I can't find it anywhere. Don't matter, the repair I ended up doing made it short of a bionic looking limb, using AL angle and tubing to beef it up structurally.
We all love to see pics right?

Yeah I'd say that's good. Real good!

Nice job.:encouragement:

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks mates. I still want to add a couple SS through bolts with nyloks for clamping strength. I also gusseted the inside cavity with 4"x2" x .250" AL rectangular tubing as well.

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
Happy New Year mates! All the best to you and yours in 2017.

My resolution this year is to try to be a kinder person...less aggression and stress. Ya that's it!
I"m definitely anxious to get back to my lil holi redo in the next few months and also looking forward to reading up on all of your progresses.
My goal is to splash her in June/July, so I need to get off me keester and get cracking!
The stage that I'm at in my project is definitely the most challenging, both mental/physical tasks and a staggering strain on the budget. Seats and pedestals are a small fortune, not just here but at all retailers, then add the exchange...pheww.
Anywhoooo, onward we go, right?

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
I got a screaming deal on my pedestals online back when I did my restore. Also check out Springfield's scratch and dent stuff on their web site if they still do that.

Last edited by a moderator:

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
I got a screaming deal on my pedestals online back when I did my restore. Also check out Springfield's scratch and dent stuff on their web site if they still do that.

Thanks EZ. I check for deals DAILY..... here and at other wholesale sites! The deal will come eventually, just hope it's in time for this years' opening fishing season.
My hang up is whether or not to go fixed height or adjustable pedestal?

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Mine are fixed and I haven't found any need for anything different.