WOW...there other people who own Hurricanes, this is GREAT

CaliCash

Seaman Apprentice
I'm pretty new to this board and didn't know that Hurricane owners had their own section. This is awesome! I wonder if there are very many people who own the older ones like I do. I have a 1989 Hurricane SD 196. I've seen the newer ones around, but I haven't seen a running Hurricane similar to mine. This board has certainly made my day! :D

NelsonQ

Lieutenant
Re: WOW...there other people who own Hurricanes, this is GREAT

Welcome Cali.... unfortunately I think there are a lot of Hurricane owners who don't go into the Hurricane section.

As a two time Hurricane owner, I like to connect with other owners and understand their likes/dislikes/experiences with their bot and even dealing with Hurricane and/or their dealers.

We're an amazing bunch and obviously have great taste in boats :eek::D

kamakazie_1

Cadet

Yea, I wish everyone that owned one would get on here... this is a great source for information if everyone participates. I'm a member of the SCCOA for my Thunderbird SC and that is an invaluable source for technical support and ideas.. I've got an 88 FunDeck, I wish we'd get some people with the older ones on here also so we can compare and talk..

RJ

NelsonQ

Lieutenant

We just need to keep adding information about them here. They start to show up in Internet searches and draw other Hurricane owners on the board over to this section.

bear_69cuda

Commander

We just need to keep adding information about them here. They start to show up in Internet searches and draw other Hurricane owners on the board over to this section.

I agree! When I first started on the Hurricane fourm, it would be months sometimes before someone chimed in. It's nice to have this section of iboats seeing some action!

sbrume

Recruit

Calicash, I am new to this forum, came to get info. I have a 1988 22' sun deck with 200evinrude. I love the boat. It has been a blast. My only complaint has been it appears the earlier boats only have 39 gallons of fuel capacity.

BMAX

Recruit

New here. Just purchased a 2006 Sun Deck SD217 with a 225 Mecury Optimax with only about 35 hours on it.

So far....love the boat. Impressed with it speed and how smooth it is.

Disappointed at low RPM handling, but I think I just need to get used to it.

Seems to be a great boat with great value.

NelsonQ

Lieutenant

New here. Just purchased a 2006 Sun Deck SD217 with a 225 Mecury Optimax with only about 35 hours on it.

So far....love the boat. Impressed with it speed and how smooth it is.

Disappointed at low RPM handling, but I think I just need to get used to it.

Seems to be a great boat with great value.

Welcome aboard iboats.com forums.....

You said you are disappointed at low RPM handling. What specifically do you dislike about it?

BMAX

Recruit

We have a long haul back into the lake at our house that is all "no wake". At lower RPM the boat tends to wander quite a bit.

I experimented some this weekend, and like others have discovered, just leave it straight, it will jog from side to side but seems to track straight.

We love the boat. Spent the entire weekend tubing with the kids....couldn't ask for a better boat for that reason.

Also very astonished at the number of people who come up to me and tell me how much they like the boat.

davidj7479

Recruit

Hello everyone, just joined the forum, been reading for weeks.

Just bought a 1991 196 Fun Deck (115HP Mercury) as a project boat. We have a Sea Ray bow rider, but don't do any skiing anymore (hurts too much).

The upholstry is shot (my wife does draperies, cushions, etc.), needs new carpet, etc.

I have lots of questions, will be posting soon.

Thanks

NelsonQ

Lieutenant

Hello everyone, just joined the forum, been reading for weeks.

Just bought a 1991 196 Fun Deck (115HP Mercury) as a project boat. We have a Sea Ray bow rider, but don't do any skiing anymore (hurts too much).

The upholstry is shot (my wife does draperies, cushions, etc.), needs new carpet, etc.

I have lots of questions, will be posting soon.

Thanks

Welcome to iboats and the Hurricane group davidj.....

Hopefully we can be of help....don't forget to get some pics and post them to the pics thread. we all love to see pics of other boats, especially the Hurricanes.

CaliCash

Seaman Apprentice

Calicash, I am new to this forum, came to get info. I have a 1988 22' sun deck with 200evinrude. I love the boat. It has been a blast. My only complaint has been it appears the earlier boats only have 39 gallons of fuel capacity.

My tank only holds 30 gallons and it lasts me all day. (5.7 OMC Cobra)

wheelspinner

Recruit

I just signed up today. Actually about 10 minutes ago. I have a 2007 Hurricane FD198REF with a 115 Yamaha. I had a Motorguide wireless 75 lb thrust trolling motor installed at the dealer and an onboard charger. This boat serves my needs for fishing the lakes and rivers of N.E Florida as well as weekends with the grandkids.
I worry about the ethanol issues same as everyone else does but I love the boat. My dealer says I need to use it more but since retirement time seems to be in short supply. (Strange as that sounds it's true)

This forum is a real find for me..........thought I was out here all alone. Look forward to hearing from other owners.

bear_69cuda

Commander

Welcome to iboats!

And congratulations on the Hurricane!

Post some picture of the new beast!

Jposttx

Recruit

Just bought my first boat a sun deck 2000 OB 200hp 2008
Have enjoyed it a lot - but do not know much about it. I would like to have a copy of the operators manual just to understand what all the parts are - reading through here I think I discovered there are some built in coolers in the front and rear. There is a sink - but I do not see where fresh water goes and if the pump works ... Like I said an operators a manual would help. Any leads as to how to get one?

Thanks

James
Coastal Texas - between Galveston and corpus - gonna do lots of exploring!

I'm pretty new to this board and didn't know that Hurricane owners had their own section. This is awesome! I wonder if there are very many people who own the older ones like I do. I have a 1989 Hurricane SD 196. I've seen the newer ones around, but I haven't seen a running Hurricane similar to mine. This board has certainly made my day! :D

Last edited: