Email Notifications have stopped. Problems?

tallcanadian

Captain
First it was my PM's now I don't get any email notifications at all. I need to keep up with my peeps.... ;) What's up?

southkogs

Staff member
Hey TC - double check your settings in your profile. I've got mine all turned off (was getting clobbered in the inbox), but someone else was having a similar problem and it turned out their settings had changed ... might have been in the burp the forums had over the weekend.

Let me know if you're set correctly to receive what you want.

tallcanadian

Captain
I did. I first thought that as well. I have all my notifications turned on for email and pm's, etc.

southkogs

Staff member
Take a look at GA's post HERE.

The forum was upgraded about a week ago, and then we had some problems last weekend. The upgrade did "something" to the notifications structure (I've heard a couple of MODs say they're getting email notifications they weren't before), but there doesn't seem to be a lot of change.

Are you missing notifications from topics you follow, members you follow or PM's? Or all of the above?

tallcanadian

Captain
All of above. I have to come into the site to see if I have any replies. Not that it's a bad thing, lol, just more convenient getting the emails. I have all my notifications turned on. I need to keep up with my Homies.

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
I'm having to play with it a little - I've had mine all turned off. I think it'll take a while to issue the update on the subscribed topic. I'll let you know what I see.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Over night I started getting email notifies for PMs. Have you guys starting getting them for subscriptions, etc.?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
First it was my PM's now I don't get any email notifications at all. I need to keep up with my peeps.... ;) What's up?

Peeps? You got Peeps?:laugh:

The Mods are discussing it as we speak, Steve......

viper1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Are they still having problems? I still get no notifications at all here. And have it turned on. Also checked and my threads say subscribed. Fell like a heal when people answer a question only to have me find it a long time later.

southkogs

Staff member
I get all kinds of notifications in the message center, and I do get some email notifications. I've only got a couple of threads that I have subscribed too, but they're working fine. TC is still not getting all of the notifications he is expecting, but is getting some.

Have you turned on auto subscribe? And then, have you logged out and logged back in in a while?

viper1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Yes I have, I am set to auto subscribe and to receive all notifications. I don't log out every time. But will try that. Interesting though. I did receive notification on this one. LOL!

southkogs

Staff member
Interesting though. I did receive notification on this one. LOL!
Kinda' been the gig ... not sure what the gremlins are up to on this deal.

Don't log out each time, just as long as you've tried it once.

tallcanadian

Captain
Just an update. I'm still not getting any notifications. Actually I got one the other day from an old post that I didn't even remember I subscribed to.

tallcanadian

Captain
Peeps? You got Peeps?:laugh:

The Mods are discussing it as we speak, Steve......

I would have responded to this before but I didn't get the notification......;) And yes, I actually have two peeps. It's how I see things. haha.

tallcanadian

Captain
Still nothing. I did get 2 PM notifications and notifications from 2 really old threads that I forgot I even was a member of. Other than that, nothing. Zero. Zilch. Nuttin' Honey.

southkogs

Staff member
TC, I made a couple changes to your notifications ... let's see if that changes anything tomorrow (Tuesday).